Guitar talk

Coffeecup132
542 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Member
edited July 2016
Anything guitar related, be it your equipment, your favorite guitar heroes etc...regardless of genre.

I'll start first.

My heroes: too many to list, but I will commence with Gary Moore & Paul Gilbert:

Comments

• Ventquipue
    294 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield Member
    Medley, and i like this Spanish guy at 0:43

• Loqtrall
    12020 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    edited July 2016
    I have too many guitars - but my most recent is an Acacia Guitars & **** Romulus custom shop build that I got a couple days ago
    unnamed-5_zpsosqqcwmh.jpg

Other than that I have -
    - USA Carvin C66 Custom Shop
    - Jackson SLS3
    - 1994 Jackson DR Professional
    - 1989 USA Peavey Vandenberg
    - LTD PH600
    - LTD JD600
    - LTD GL600FB
    - LTD H-308
    - LTD H-338
    - LTD H-351NT
    - LTD MH-400NT
    - 1989 Ibanez RG550
    - 1999 Ibanez SC420
    - 1998 Ibanez SC1620vv
    - 1997 Ibanez RG420
    - Ibanez RG7420MC (original)
    - Ibanez RG7421 (original, custom finish)
    - Ibanez RG7421WH (reissue)
    - Ibanez RGA32
    - ibanez RG8
    - Ibanez RG370AX
    - Schecter C-7 Blackjack
    - Schecter C-7 Hellraiser
    - Schecter C-1 Hellraiser FR
    - Schecter Damien FR
    - BC Rich Warlock (cheap Bronze series)
    - 1987 USA BC Rich STIII
    - Washburn WM24
    - 1988 Charvel Model 3
    - Old Johnson Acoustic

The Carvin is my main axe:

10628265_765379293497593_6952327237097248022_n.jpg?oh=eb7c2ade4a2b733625a8d54d3b8ce346&oe=5835811A
  • Loqtrall
    12020 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    edited July 2016
    lol, the word B(a)sses is censored?
  • Toxic_CA
    786 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited July 2016
    I have a ibanez sitting over here wanting to be played. But I'm too lazy to get the stereo from the garage
    When I do get it I'm going to learn every muse song ever made
  • Loqtrall
    Toxic_CA wrote: »
    I have a ibanez sitting over here wanting to be played. But I'm too lazy to get the stereo from the garage
    When I do get it I'm going to learn every muse song ever made

If you don't ever end up playing it - You can totally give it to me
    (Huge Ibanez fan, in case that list didn't portray that quite clear enough)
  • HonestSoul333
    1402 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    GUITAR%20HERO%2022.jpg?itok=GON_XqGn
    My guitar.
  • Loqtrall
    Nah, it's all about the Explorer.
    list1.JPG
  • Ventquipue
    294 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield Member
    edited July 2016
  • Loqtrall
  • Coffeecup132
    edited July 2016
    I have several guitars, but my workhorses which tend to get pretty much any job done for studio sessions and gigging are these two:
    2EpJEY5.jpg?1

Left: 1985 Jackson San Dimas, neck-thru-body, with custom pickup switching

Right: A 'Frankenstein' custom guitar consisting of parts from several sources (in the tradition of Eddie Van Halen/Steve Vai early prototypes):
    Scallop.jpg
    Kramer neck with scalloped last 3 frets

Output.jpg
    Two discrete outputs to feed different rigs. This beast can sing sweet or go all the way to **** a proclaimed metalhead into a weeping BackStreet Boy.

Pretty much all my guitars are not stock, and have been bastardized with some customization in some way, and I like them in their bruised and battered state. None of them are pretty, and they are very dirty **** lol

I use an assortment of Laney, Peavey, Marshall amps in stereo or sometimes I tri-amp (middle dry, left & right effected).
    Post edited by Coffeecup132 on
  • Loqtrall
    SHEEEEEEEEEEEESH - A USA Jackson is still on my list. Just never come across any at a price I can justify spending at the time I find them.
    -
    I've been trying to get my hands on an SL1 for a while now (even though an SL2H-MAH is actually what I want)
  • Coffeecup132
    edited July 2016
    Your main Carvin, its a beauty and I know those babies really sing and scream great. I wouldn't dare to take it on the road -its too pretty!
    Are the pickups Kiesel customs?
  • Loqtrall
    The pickups are the stock Carvin C22B/C22J set - I ordered that C66 way before they used the Kiesel brand and Jeff did custom pickups - I heard the Kiesel Customs are pretty sweet pickups though (specifically the 7-string version)
  • Professor_Memes
    1139 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    edited July 2016
  • Loqtrall
    edited July 2016
    Meeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeh, never was a Les Paul guy. One of my dream guitars is a 1979 Gibson E2 Explorer. Explorers all the way.
  • Professor_Memes
    1139 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    Loqtrall wrote: »
    Meeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeh, never was a Les Paul guy.

3 was my first guitar hero game so it has a special place in my nerdy heart
  • Coffeecup132
    The pickups are the stock Carvin C22B/C22J set - I ordered that C66 way before they used the Kiesel brand and Jeff did custom pickups - I heard the Kiesel Customs are pretty sweet pickups though (specifically the 7-string version)
    The one on my 'Frankenstein' are German Schaller pickups - not that commonly found, but it is very versatile and good for what I need. On clean and mild overdrive, you could mistake them for beefy single coils, but when fully driven it goes to 'dirty ho' mode real nice.

The stock Jackson pickups on the San Dimas has kinda the same character as well.

I even put a Jackson pickup in one of my old Kramers at the bridge, though this one is good for only one thing - METUHL - and doesn't wanna play anything else lesser than that hardrock-053.gif

I would love to have one of your Ibanez RGs - solid workhorse guitars those are - luv 'em

• Loqtrall
    The one on my 'Frankenstein' are German Schaller pickups - not that commonly found, but it is very versatile and good for what I need. On clean and mild overdrive, you could mistake them for beefy single coils, but when fully driven it goes to 'dirty ho' mode real nice.

The stock Jackson pickups on the San Dimas has kinda the same character as well.

I even put a Jackson pickup in one of my old Kramers at the bridge, though this one is good for only one thing - METUHL - and doesn't wanna play anything else lesser than that hardrock-053.gif

I would love to have one of your Ibanez RGs - solid workhorse guitars those are - luv 'em

The vast majority of my guitars are equipped with either EMGs (various models, mostly on the Schecters and LTDs), or DiMarzios. Every single one of my RGs are equipped with various DiMarzio sets. RGs are solid workhorses, and my RG550 is probably one of the best axes I've laid my hands on, it's Laser Blue with a Dimarzio Tone Zone/Air Norton set - it truly screams and has probably the thinnest neck I've ever touched on a guitar.
    -
    I'm actually picking up another Carvin, a CT6, in a few days in a Craigslist deal:
    X6z1Krf.jpg
  • Loqtrall
    Really what I'm after nowadays is pretty much any USA core model Paul Reed Smith. I've never owned a PRS to this day, and I've been DYING to get my hands on one. I haven't played a USA PRS I haven't fallen in love with.
  • Coffeecup132
    What do you think of Tom Andersons? I like those too.
    RG 550s - classic :)