Weekly BF

Best update ever!

misisipiRivrRat
847 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
Hi all,
Posting this because for me and lots of others its true. What a joy to play again. Played more matches since Thursday than I've played in a month. For lack of better words to use it all seems fair now. Not one time have I had a wtf moment where I question a getting or being killed. And has this update helped vaulting? Haven't gotten hung up at the past few days and before it could happen every match.
While I feel the pain of all the guys complaining now, please Dice don't go back to prepatch.

Comments

• James-MII
    894 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    I love the positivity!! It's good to hear someone having a good time! Vote up!
  • TomBabmo
    192 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    I haven't read any changelogs but about the only thing I've noticed is that next map can be voted at the end of the round and nades don't regenerate (?), gameplay seems same except that revive-gunjam bug seems to be back again.
  • disposalist
    8661 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha Member
    It seems good to me and I'm loving the kill trading and I don't see as much nade spam.

Haven't had the revive-gun-bug.
  • SpeedBird219
    175 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    I've really enjoyed it the past couple days too. Gameplay feels more predictable, grenades aren't flying everywhere, and even hardcore got some loving with return to 200% damage and more gameplay options!
  • Gattlin
    516 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    I am Loving this update I hope they don't raise that ping limit the game acts very good.
  • Private_UMPalot
    4234 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    It's like a whole new experience.

Great work Dice.

Stay strong.
  • BadcuzTremysaid
    1350 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    It's like a whole new experience.

Great work Dice.

Stay strong.

• bearpatroI
    590 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    This game never felt better. 10 out of 10 patch. It is the state that the game should have launched with in the beginning. We have to make our voices known because high ping region jumpers are trying to make it seem like this update needs to be reverse. Instead of you know playing in their own region.
  • kaliyl777
    1958 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    Game is playing real nice, hope they don't change anything.
  • Captain_DarIing
    1425 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    edited April 2017
    Its definitely more fun now.

DICE has still a long way to go with tankbalance and teambalancing. That they barely touched to begin with.
  • R0BB4L0U
    170 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Great topic and great patch indeed.
    The "incoming medic" feature is also pretty good, so I can inform the fallen soldier that I'm on my way :)
  • Badmojo2074
    23 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    Yeah. I like it too. Like being able to easily see ping and as a regular medic player I love the new spot feature. New ribbons are nice too. I get more points for my revives and repairs too!
  • misisipiRivrRat
    847 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Oops, spoke to soon I guess. Lots of folks pretty upset after the patch it seems. Looks like Dice is gonna change some things again . Hope it doesn't mess with how good the game feels now !
  • The_Decapitat0r
    173 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha Member
    edited May 2017
    TomBabmo wrote: »
    I haven't read any changelogs but about the only thing I've noticed is that next map can be voted at the end of the round and nades don't regenerate (?), gameplay seems same except that revive-gunjam bug seems to be back again.

They still regenerate with a timer, but now you have to step on an ammo crate once the timer is fully completed (49 seconds for a frag grenade) or it won't appear. Also ammo crates speed up the timer by x3.5.
  • foff667
    575 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    It depends on your gameplay that will determine if you like the patch, sometimes I liked getting in a plane, now I can't stand it so great job Dice. If you are boots on the ground its a pretty good patch I suppose as long as your ping is good in the server you are in. If you see you are hitting over 100 you might as well find a new server as it will not end well for you so I guess thats a good thing. I still get stuck on pebbles so thats definitely not fixed by any means. Really the planes nerf & aa buff and the netcode changes are really the only noteworthy thing IMO, yes getting rid of magic grenades is fine with me as well.

Personally I think they should've left the planes & aa's alone, they were fine, I could take out planes with one good pass of aa pre buff, now they are slightly OP by maybe 5% of where they should be IMO, and the dart plane is probably 10% less capable of where it probably should be.
  • Aevery720
    328 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Good patch.
  • Khal_Fraggo
    494 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    TomBabmo wrote: »

They still regenerate with a timer, but now you have to step on an ammo crate once the timer is fully completed (49 seconds for a frag grenade) or it won't appear. Also ammo crates speed up the timer by x3.5.

I don't think you have to be on the crate when the timer ends. I think you just have to have touched the crate at some point in the timer for the nade to eventually regenerate. Could be wrong, though...
  • SpeedBird219
    175 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    I didn't like the auto regen grenades with the last update. However I got used to it so now I've died many times because I waste a couple seconds by trying to toss one and I don't have another one lol.
  • C_Belles
    286 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    The only issue I've had with the patch is playing FridayNightBattlefield. On my local servers my ping is around 13-15. Since I'm assuming the servers for FNB are on the west coast (I'm on the East), my ping was 147 and I witnessed what everyone is currently complaining about haha.
    Other than that, it's a good patch. Although I never felt like I was getting taken advantage of by OOR players prior to this. So I can't fully understand the reason for the current netcode patch. I've read about it, but never really ran into a problem where I felt like an OOR killed me based upon his ping. I know plenty of you have though.