Weekly Debrief

TSNP - West Coast Servers

Always_B_Closing
9 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
Ummm I just bought this expansion only to find every single west coast server empty no matter what I pick in the filter. Strangely enough, many of the east coast servers are full. Am I missing something here or did I just flush $20 down the toilet? Why is the western player base not playing this?

Thanks,

Comments

• dan134621
    260 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    edited May 2017
    Sounds about right, I noticed this problem for awhile. Either the server is empty, or there's not enough people on it to start a game. Used to be able to play on east coast servers. But Dice ruined that with the spring update, just because my ping a little over 100ms. The game is now unplayable with the hit detection, the way it is now. Dice needs to lower number of players down to 2, so at least we can get a game started on a west coast server. Or raise the 100ms ping cutoff, so we can enjoy, and play the game on the east coast servers.
  • -Antares65z
    1646 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Precisely! If Dice lowered the required player count to four to start an official round, I would be far more likely to jump on a server and help get it going. I see west coast serves with 1, 2, 3 players on them but due to limited playing time, I just can't afford to sit there for half an hour trying to get a server going just so that i can have a more favorable ping.
  • jamesisreally
    3 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    To find players try going to server list and in filters - only select full games, 1-5 free slots and 5-10 free slots. For some reason if you leave the filter off then the game will populate the list with empty servers.