Weekly BF

The Complain about "netcode" thread

Comments

  • ICEMANx442
    147 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    Ram1c wrote: »
    ICEMANx442 wrote: »
    Ram1c wrote: »
    ICEMANx442 wrote: »
    Ram1c wrote: »
    ICEMANx442 wrote: »
    Ram1c wrote: »
    ICEMANx442 wrote: »
    Loqtrall wrote: »
    ICEMANx442 wrote: »
    Loqtrall wrote: »
    ICEMANx442 wrote: »
    ICEMANx442 wrote: »
    Kozer213 wrote: »
    @Kozer213 post a video of what you are experiencing so we can understand better.

    Its been awhile since I have recorded a video.


    Try that. That is the best ping I can hope to get on a populated server. I am not asking to be treated like I have 30ms for a ping. I just would like to be able to have a decent time.
    Regardless unless the african servers fill up I am done with battlefield. Makes me sad since it is a great game.

    Maybe a longer video with more of that, so it shows it is not just an isolated incident. To be honest if I had to put up with that, I'd stop playing Battlefield asap and never come back.

    Do you see now why so many are angry? There's countless videos online showcasing this, I played a lot today to really get a feel of the new netcode, almost every encounter, every game is like this video now. Before the patch how many high ping players did you encounter a game? If it was a lot then yes that would be annoying but if it was just a few in a match of 64 it's not game breaking you move on and might not even encounter that player all game.
    I know sadly that because of this I and my international friends will be playing a hell of a lot less, and when I play I'm just going to be messing around with TNT to kill people, instead of playing to win.

    I've played in servers FILLED with high ping players. If they were so few how do you think we would get pages of the forum all talking about he same thing? And that's just the complete minority who bothers to post. For what I gathered, we had a great part of the playerbase in Asia playing with high pings on other regions. That's A LOT of people. Add the players on the Middle-East and all of those with crappy internet service... It is obvious that the servers were pushing hard to maintain a decent performance with all the high ping players.

    They were not just one or two per match (I mean, even now with the new netcode I see a lot more than that), they were many, many more.

    I'm sorry I don't believe you, I've rarely seen anyone complain about high pingers I play almost exclusively with friends from overseas They've not once mentioned it, they're low pingers and they don't like this change anyone who plays with people from overseas probably don't like it hell people with friends on the opposite side of the country have been nnegatively affected
    The vocal minority complained and got their way Now the game is unplayable for many.
    You might have had trouble killing an high pinger somtimes but for the most part you could play happily. Whats happened now is vast portions of the community have been split and BF1 is unplayable. If people thought the game was dying before just watch it now.

    I've never seen any more than a dozen high pingers in one game before including myself, and most of the it's half that.
    Your issues never stopped you from having a good having fun or made you consider to stop playing.

    Well it doesn't matter what you believe - it's a fact that people have been complaining about OOR and high ping players in this game, and the netcode that gave them an advantage over low-ping players since at least BC2, almost 7 years ago.

    The advantages the netcode gave high ping players was confirmed by DICE devs themselves, and the netcode was changed BECAUSE of that advantage. They didn't just change the netcode randomly out of nowhere for no reason.

    Lastly - I live in US East. Some guy on the forum challenged me to play OOR with a high ping to see what all these crybabies are going through.

    So, I did. I joined an EU server with a yellow, 3-bar connection in the server browser. From the moment I joined I had at least over 110ms latency, and it stayed that way the entire match, never dipped below 110.

    Do you know what happened? I got first place on the winning team, and got an almost 2K/D going 30-17.

    And if you find that unbelievable, I not only took a screenshot of the end-of-round scoreboard with my ping visible, but I recorded 10+ clips of my shots registering and me getting kills, with the scoreboard shown after every kill so you can see my latency.

    I'll gladly link you to the videos and the screenshot of the scoreboard if you don't believe me.

    I read a bit of your comment wrong, However 110 ping isn't that bad try 150+ then come back. Fact the old netcode allowed players from around the world to play together without much issues, now it's an impossibility.

    The netcode effects anyone with a ping 100ms or higher - playing in that server saw me meeting those requirements. The first quarter of the match I was in the 120ms range, well over the 100ms limit.

    Claiming playing OOR is now "impossible" is completely unfounded. I literally have video evidence of doing it successfully after the patch.

    Bro just go look on youtube at the evidence the game is broken now. I was playing today on a west us server, getting kills is ridiculously hard to the point that it's worth even trying or playing. I don't know how many times I've said this now but it's not just about OOR people within region are having issues.

    You might have had a few annoying encounters with high pingers, but the system was better for everyone before.

    That's completely your opinion, factual evidence and community consensus would say the opposite. Just because our experience at moments was somewhat tolerable doesn't change the fact that we were having problems because of high ping players. No one is entitled to have a decent experience at my expense, that's just stupid and selfish.

    Everything here is someones crappy opinion. This whole argument is stupid and only going in circles. However Ido think you'll find the community is split 50/50 on this change.

    And as for the "selfish" part. Before you could play without hardly any issues except the odd OOR player here and there. Now vast portions of people can hardly play, so who's really playing at someones expense.

    Except what you perceive as "hardly any issues" were very common in my case. I can't tell you how many glitches I've seen over the years. Simply because you had a good experience on your client doesn't mean others are just fine.

    It's an opinion until factual data comes into play, in which this case it does. It's commonly known that oor and high ping did cause an advantage pre patch and a lot of players exploited this.

    I hardly believe that 50% of the community is having trouble, anyone with some kind of quality connection definitely seen an improvement. You still don't get it, now your experience is at nobodies expense but yours.

    So yes it is selfish that your suppose to have a decent experience with high ping at the expense of dragging down mine. I play in region and have a good connection nobody should be able to effect that.

    Ultimately it comes down to your having problems because of you and nobody else. You cannot blame dice or ea because you bought the game, just because you purchased access to it doesn't give you a guarantee that your client is going to be able to run it perfect.

    It still just baffles me that this many people actually thought that this would last forever and nobody would say a thing. If you don't have the money to invest into a better connection or live in a place that isn't up to par with 2017 network standards you shouldn't be playing, simple as that.

    Whatever mate. It's "your opinion" nothing more. I'm done repeating myself.

    Lol says the guy who says dice should change the netcode back to its horrendous state based off of nothing but pure speculation and biased opinion. I can tell your done repeating yourself by your repeat comments of "your opinion" even though all claims are supported by actual evidence.

    You can cry all you want about recent videos on YouTube, maybe you should search up the hit reg problems prior to the patch on several titles because of people like you.

    Anyone with half a brain would understand perfectly what is happening and the difference between the netcode and a bug. Just keep spouting your nonsense it's really going to change something. :D

    Yeah whatever buddy, done talking to you. Just not worth it.

    Yeah I would be too if my only argument is "waaaaaaah my internet is bad, but dice have to make the game tolerable for me anyway waaaaaaaaaaah!!!!!

    Lulz
    Yeah okay, whatever you say buddy. ...
  • Ram1c
    4167 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    ICEMANx442 wrote: »
    Ram1c wrote: »
    ICEMANx442 wrote: »
    Ram1c wrote: »
    ICEMANx442 wrote: »
    Ram1c wrote: »
    ICEMANx442 wrote: »
    Ram1c wrote: »
    ICEMANx442 wrote: »
    Loqtrall wrote: »
    ICEMANx442 wrote: »
    Loqtrall wrote: »
    ICEMANx442 wrote: »
    ICEMANx442 wrote: »
    Kozer213 wrote: »
    @Kozer213 post a video of what you are experiencing so we can understand better.

    Its been awhile since I have recorded a video.


    Try that. That is the best ping I can hope to get on a populated server. I am not asking to be treated like I have 30ms for a ping. I just would like to be able to have a decent time.
    Regardless unless the african servers fill up I am done with battlefield. Makes me sad since it is a great game.

    Maybe a longer video with more of that, so it shows it is not just an isolated incident. To be honest if I had to put up with that, I'd stop playing Battlefield asap and never come back.

    Do you see now why so many are angry? There's countless videos online showcasing this, I played a lot today to really get a feel of the new netcode, almost every encounter, every game is like this video now. Before the patch how many high ping players did you encounter a game? If it was a lot then yes that would be annoying but if it was just a few in a match of 64 it's not game breaking you move on and might not even encounter that player all game.
    I know sadly that because of this I and my international friends will be playing a hell of a lot less, and when I play I'm just going to be messing around with TNT to kill people, instead of playing to win.

    I've played in servers FILLED with high ping players. If they were so few how do you think we would get pages of the forum all talking about he same thing? And that's just the complete minority who bothers to post. For what I gathered, we had a great part of the playerbase in Asia playing with high pings on other regions. That's A LOT of people. Add the players on the Middle-East and all of those with crappy internet service... It is obvious that the servers were pushing hard to maintain a decent performance with all the high ping players.

    They were not just one or two per match (I mean, even now with the new netcode I see a lot more than that), they were many, many more.

    I'm sorry I don't believe you, I've rarely seen anyone complain about high pingers I play almost exclusively with friends from overseas They've not once mentioned it, they're low pingers and they don't like this change anyone who plays with people from overseas probably don't like it hell people with friends on the opposite side of the country have been nnegatively affected
    The vocal minority complained and got their way Now the game is unplayable for many.
    You might have had trouble killing an high pinger somtimes but for the most part you could play happily. Whats happened now is vast portions of the community have been split and BF1 is unplayable. If people thought the game was dying before just watch it now.

    I've never seen any more than a dozen high pingers in one game before including myself, and most of the it's half that.
    Your issues never stopped you from having a good having fun or made you consider to stop playing.

    Well it doesn't matter what you believe - it's a fact that people have been complaining about OOR and high ping players in this game, and the netcode that gave them an advantage over low-ping players since at least BC2, almost 7 years ago.

    The advantages the netcode gave high ping players was confirmed by DICE devs themselves, and the netcode was changed BECAUSE of that advantage. They didn't just change the netcode randomly out of nowhere for no reason.

    Lastly - I live in US East. Some guy on the forum challenged me to play OOR with a high ping to see what all these crybabies are going through.

    So, I did. I joined an EU server with a yellow, 3-bar connection in the server browser. From the moment I joined I had at least over 110ms latency, and it stayed that way the entire match, never dipped below 110.

    Do you know what happened? I got first place on the winning team, and got an almost 2K/D going 30-17.

    And if you find that unbelievable, I not only took a screenshot of the end-of-round scoreboard with my ping visible, but I recorded 10+ clips of my shots registering and me getting kills, with the scoreboard shown after every kill so you can see my latency.

    I'll gladly link you to the videos and the screenshot of the scoreboard if you don't believe me.

    I read a bit of your comment wrong, However 110 ping isn't that bad try 150+ then come back. Fact the old netcode allowed players from around the world to play together without much issues, now it's an impossibility.

    The netcode effects anyone with a ping 100ms or higher - playing in that server saw me meeting those requirements. The first quarter of the match I was in the 120ms range, well over the 100ms limit.

    Claiming playing OOR is now "impossible" is completely unfounded. I literally have video evidence of doing it successfully after the patch.

    Bro just go look on youtube at the evidence the game is broken now. I was playing today on a west us server, getting kills is ridiculously hard to the point that it's worth even trying or playing. I don't know how many times I've said this now but it's not just about OOR people within region are having issues.

    You might have had a few annoying encounters with high pingers, but the system was better for everyone before.

    That's completely your opinion, factual evidence and community consensus would say the opposite. Just because our experience at moments was somewhat tolerable doesn't change the fact that we were having problems because of high ping players. No one is entitled to have a decent experience at my expense, that's just stupid and selfish.

    Everything here is someones crappy opinion. This whole argument is stupid and only going in circles. However Ido think you'll find the community is split 50/50 on this change.

    And as for the "selfish" part. Before you could play without hardly any issues except the odd OOR player here and there. Now vast portions of people can hardly play, so who's really playing at someones expense.

    Except what you perceive as "hardly any issues" were very common in my case. I can't tell you how many glitches I've seen over the years. Simply because you had a good experience on your client doesn't mean others are just fine.

    It's an opinion until factual data comes into play, in which this case it does. It's commonly known that oor and high ping did cause an advantage pre patch and a lot of players exploited this.

    I hardly believe that 50% of the community is having trouble, anyone with some kind of quality connection definitely seen an improvement. You still don't get it, now your experience is at nobodies expense but yours.

    So yes it is selfish that your suppose to have a decent experience with high ping at the expense of dragging down mine. I play in region and have a good connection nobody should be able to effect that.

    Ultimately it comes down to your having problems because of you and nobody else. You cannot blame dice or ea because you bought the game, just because you purchased access to it doesn't give you a guarantee that your client is going to be able to run it perfect.

    It still just baffles me that this many people actually thought that this would last forever and nobody would say a thing. If you don't have the money to invest into a better connection or live in a place that isn't up to par with 2017 network standards you shouldn't be playing, simple as that.

    Whatever mate. It's "your opinion" nothing more. I'm done repeating myself.

    Lol says the guy who says dice should change the netcode back to its horrendous state based off of nothing but pure speculation and biased opinion. I can tell your done repeating yourself by your repeat comments of "your opinion" even though all claims are supported by actual evidence.

    You can cry all you want about recent videos on YouTube, maybe you should search up the hit reg problems prior to the patch on several titles because of people like you.

    Anyone with half a brain would understand perfectly what is happening and the difference between the netcode and a bug. Just keep spouting your nonsense it's really going to change something. :D

    Yeah whatever buddy, done talking to you. Just not worth it.

    Yeah I would be too if my only argument is "waaaaaaah my internet is bad, but dice have to make the game tolerable for me anyway waaaaaaaaaaah!!!!!

    Lulz
    Yeah okay, whatever you say buddy. ...

    Ooooooooh nice response, it's such a welcomed change from your usual response to facts with "meh that's your opinion". Lol
  • HUMANFRAIL7Y
    728 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    I play mostly in East Coast servers and am fortunate as I'm blessed with low ping. (I average the twenties in almost all East Coast games.) Overall, the update is great as I'm hit noticeably less when I'm behind cover.

    However, I also know that there are thousands of players who have high pings due to the absence of servers in their particular region. They of course, also need to be heard.

    What Dice needs to do is find a middle ground that benefit both low ping and high ping players. The 150 threshold upcoming next week should hopefully rectify this.

    Why the petty arguments, guys? The particular player base that should be abhorred are the high pingers who play intentionally out of region to abuse the system, not those who are forced to play in far off servers due to lack of server availability. Two different audiences there, guys.
  • Ram1c
    4167 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    I play mostly in East Coast servers and am fortunate as I'm blessed with low ping. (I average the twenties in almost all East Coast games.) Overall, the update is great as I'm hit noticeably less when I'm behind cover.

    However, I also know that there are thousands of players who have high pings due to the absence of servers in their particular region. They of course, also need to be heard.

    What Dice needs to do is find a middle ground that benefit both low ping and high ping players. The 150 threshold upcoming next week should hopefully rectify this.

    Why the petty arguments, guys? The particular player base that should be abhorred are the high pingers who play intentionally out of region to abuse the system, not those who are forced to play in far off servers due to lack of server availability. Two different audiences there, guys.

    It gets petty when they can't even acknowledge a fact that the devs themselves have said is true time and time again. I agree that this should be resolved and that everyone deserves a good experience, but not at the cost of other people's experience.
  • ICEMANx442
    147 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    Ram1c wrote: »
    ICEMANx442 wrote: »
    Ram1c wrote: »
    ICEMANx442 wrote: »
    Ram1c wrote: »
    ICEMANx442 wrote: »
    Ram1c wrote: »
    ICEMANx442 wrote: »
    Ram1c wrote: »
    ICEMANx442 wrote: »
    Loqtrall wrote: »
    ICEMANx442 wrote: »
    Loqtrall wrote: »
    ICEMANx442 wrote: »
    ICEMANx442 wrote: »
    Kozer213 wrote: »
    @Kozer213 post a video of what you are experiencing so we can understand better.

    Its been awhile since I have recorded a video.


    Try that. That is the best ping I can hope to get on a populated server. I am not asking to be treated like I have 30ms for a ping. I just would like to be able to have a decent time.
    Regardless unless the african servers fill up I am done with battlefield. Makes me sad since it is a great game.

    Maybe a longer video with more of that, so it shows it is not just an isolated incident. To be honest if I had to put up with that, I'd stop playing Battlefield asap and never come back.

    Do you see now why so many are angry? There's countless videos online showcasing this, I played a lot today to really get a feel of the new netcode, almost every encounter, every game is like this video now. Before the patch how many high ping players did you encounter a game? If it was a lot then yes that would be annoying but if it was just a few in a match of 64 it's not game breaking you move on and might not even encounter that player all game.
    I know sadly that because of this I and my international friends will be playing a hell of a lot less, and when I play I'm just going to be messing around with TNT to kill people, instead of playing to win.

    I've played in servers FILLED with high ping players. If they were so few how do you think we would get pages of the forum all talking about he same thing? And that's just the complete minority who bothers to post. For what I gathered, we had a great part of the playerbase in Asia playing with high pings on other regions. That's A LOT of people. Add the players on the Middle-East and all of those with crappy internet service... It is obvious that the servers were pushing hard to maintain a decent performance with all the high ping players.

    They were not just one or two per match (I mean, even now with the new netcode I see a lot more than that), they were many, many more.

    I'm sorry I don't believe you, I've rarely seen anyone complain about high pingers I play almost exclusively with friends from overseas They've not once mentioned it, they're low pingers and they don't like this change anyone who plays with people from overseas probably don't like it hell people with friends on the opposite side of the country have been nnegatively affected
    The vocal minority complained and got their way Now the game is unplayable for many.
    You might have had trouble killing an high pinger somtimes but for the most part you could play happily. Whats happened now is vast portions of the community have been split and BF1 is unplayable. If people thought the game was dying before just watch it now.

    I've never seen any more than a dozen high pingers in one game before including myself, and most of the it's half that.
    Your issues never stopped you from having a good having fun or made you consider to stop playing.

    Well it doesn't matter what you believe - it's a fact that people have been complaining about OOR and high ping players in this game, and the netcode that gave them an advantage over low-ping players since at least BC2, almost 7 years ago.

    The advantages the netcode gave high ping players was confirmed by DICE devs themselves, and the netcode was changed BECAUSE of that advantage. They didn't just change the netcode randomly out of nowhere for no reason.

    Lastly - I live in US East. Some guy on the forum challenged me to play OOR with a high ping to see what all these crybabies are going through.

    So, I did. I joined an EU server with a yellow, 3-bar connection in the server browser. From the moment I joined I had at least over 110ms latency, and it stayed that way the entire match, never dipped below 110.

    Do you know what happened? I got first place on the winning team, and got an almost 2K/D going 30-17.

    And if you find that unbelievable, I not only took a screenshot of the end-of-round scoreboard with my ping visible, but I recorded 10+ clips of my shots registering and me getting kills, with the scoreboard shown after every kill so you can see my latency.

    I'll gladly link you to the videos and the screenshot of the scoreboard if you don't believe me.

    I read a bit of your comment wrong, However 110 ping isn't that bad try 150+ then come back. Fact the old netcode allowed players from around the world to play together without much issues, now it's an impossibility.

    The netcode effects anyone with a ping 100ms or higher - playing in that server saw me meeting those requirements. The first quarter of the match I was in the 120ms range, well over the 100ms limit.

    Claiming playing OOR is now "impossible" is completely unfounded. I literally have video evidence of doing it successfully after the patch.

    Bro just go look on youtube at the evidence the game is broken now. I was playing today on a west us server, getting kills is ridiculously hard to the point that it's worth even trying or playing. I don't know how many times I've said this now but it's not just about OOR people within region are having issues.

    You might have had a few annoying encounters with high pingers, but the system was better for everyone before.

    That's completely your opinion, factual evidence and community consensus would say the opposite. Just because our experience at moments was somewhat tolerable doesn't change the fact that we were having problems because of high ping players. No one is entitled to have a decent experience at my expense, that's just stupid and selfish.

    Everything here is someones crappy opinion. This whole argument is stupid and only going in circles. However Ido think you'll find the community is split 50/50 on this change.

    And as for the "selfish" part. Before you could play without hardly any issues except the odd OOR player here and there. Now vast portions of people can hardly play, so who's really playing at someones expense.

    Except what you perceive as "hardly any issues" were very common in my case. I can't tell you how many glitches I've seen over the years. Simply because you had a good experience on your client doesn't mean others are just fine.

    It's an opinion until factual data comes into play, in which this case it does. It's commonly known that oor and high ping did cause an advantage pre patch and a lot of players exploited this.

    I hardly believe that 50% of the community is having trouble, anyone with some kind of quality connection definitely seen an improvement. You still don't get it, now your experience is at nobodies expense but yours.

    So yes it is selfish that your suppose to have a decent experience with high ping at the expense of dragging down mine. I play in region and have a good connection nobody should be able to effect that.

    Ultimately it comes down to your having problems because of you and nobody else. You cannot blame dice or ea because you bought the game, just because you purchased access to it doesn't give you a guarantee that your client is going to be able to run it perfect.

    It still just baffles me that this many people actually thought that this would last forever and nobody would say a thing. If you don't have the money to invest into a better connection or live in a place that isn't up to par with 2017 network standards you shouldn't be playing, simple as that.

    Whatever mate. It's "your opinion" nothing more. I'm done repeating myself.

    Lol says the guy who says dice should change the netcode back to its horrendous state based off of nothing but pure speculation and biased opinion. I can tell your done repeating yourself by your repeat comments of "your opinion" even though all claims are supported by actual evidence.

    You can cry all you want about recent videos on YouTube, maybe you should search up the hit reg problems prior to the patch on several titles because of people like you.

    Anyone with half a brain would understand perfectly what is happening and the difference between the netcode and a bug. Just keep spouting your nonsense it's really going to change something. :D

    Yeah whatever buddy, done talking to you. Just not worth it.

    Yeah I would be too if my only argument is "waaaaaaah my internet is bad, but dice have to make the game tolerable for me anyway waaaaaaaaaaah!!!!!

    Lulz
    Yeah okay, whatever you say buddy. ...

    Ooooooooh nice response, it's such a welcomed change from your usual response to facts with "meh that's your opinion". Lol

    Seriously mate eat a ****. I'm not going to bother arguing with a child. My counter to your BS is 10 pages back.
  • Ram1c
    4167 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    ICEMANx442 wrote: »
    Ram1c wrote: »
    ICEMANx442 wrote: »
    Ram1c wrote: »
    ICEMANx442 wrote: »
    Ram1c wrote: »
    ICEMANx442 wrote: »
    Ram1c wrote: »
    ICEMANx442 wrote: »
    Ram1c wrote: »
    ICEMANx442 wrote: »
    Loqtrall wrote: »
    ICEMANx442 wrote: »
    Loqtrall wrote: »
    ICEMANx442 wrote: »
    ICEMANx442 wrote: »
    Kozer213 wrote: »
    @Kozer213 post a video of what you are experiencing so we can understand better.

    Its been awhile since I have recorded a video.


    Try that. That is the best ping I can hope to get on a populated server. I am not asking to be treated like I have 30ms for a ping. I just would like to be able to have a decent time.
    Regardless unless the african servers fill up I am done with battlefield. Makes me sad since it is a great game.

    Maybe a longer video with more of that, so it shows it is not just an isolated incident. To be honest if I had to put up with that, I'd stop playing Battlefield asap and never come back.

    Do you see now why so many are angry? There's countless videos online showcasing this, I played a lot today to really get a feel of the new netcode, almost every encounter, every game is like this video now. Before the patch how many high ping players did you encounter a game? If it was a lot then yes that would be annoying but if it was just a few in a match of 64 it's not game breaking you move on and might not even encounter that player all game.
    I know sadly that because of this I and my international friends will be playing a hell of a lot less, and when I play I'm just going to be messing around with TNT to kill people, instead of playing to win.

    I've played in servers FILLED with high ping players. If they were so few how do you think we would get pages of the forum all talking about he same thing? And that's just the complete minority who bothers to post. For what I gathered, we had a great part of the playerbase in Asia playing with high pings on other regions. That's A LOT of people. Add the players on the Middle-East and all of those with crappy internet service... It is obvious that the servers were pushing hard to maintain a decent performance with all the high ping players.

    They were not just one or two per match (I mean, even now with the new netcode I see a lot more than that), they were many, many more.

    I'm sorry I don't believe you, I've rarely seen anyone complain about high pingers I play almost exclusively with friends from overseas They've not once mentioned it, they're low pingers and they don't like this change anyone who plays with people from overseas probably don't like it hell people with friends on the opposite side of the country have been nnegatively affected
    The vocal minority complained and got their way Now the game is unplayable for many.
    You might have had trouble killing an high pinger somtimes but for the most part you could play happily. Whats happened now is vast portions of the community have been split and BF1 is unplayable. If people thought the game was dying before just watch it now.

    I've never seen any more than a dozen high pingers in one game before including myself, and most of the it's half that.
    Your issues never stopped you from having a good having fun or made you consider to stop playing.

    Well it doesn't matter what you believe - it's a fact that people have been complaining about OOR and high ping players in this game, and the netcode that gave them an advantage over low-ping players since at least BC2, almost 7 years ago.

    The advantages the netcode gave high ping players was confirmed by DICE devs themselves, and the netcode was changed BECAUSE of that advantage. They didn't just change the netcode randomly out of nowhere for no reason.

    Lastly - I live in US East. Some guy on the forum challenged me to play OOR with a high ping to see what all these crybabies are going through.

    So, I did. I joined an EU server with a yellow, 3-bar connection in the server browser. From the moment I joined I had at least over 110ms latency, and it stayed that way the entire match, never dipped below 110.

    Do you know what happened? I got first place on the winning team, and got an almost 2K/D going 30-17.

    And if you find that unbelievable, I not only took a screenshot of the end-of-round scoreboard with my ping visible, but I recorded 10+ clips of my shots registering and me getting kills, with the scoreboard shown after every kill so you can see my latency.

    I'll gladly link you to the videos and the screenshot of the scoreboard if you don't believe me.

    I read a bit of your comment wrong, However 110 ping isn't that bad try 150+ then come back. Fact the old netcode allowed players from around the world to play together without much issues, now it's an impossibility.

    The netcode effects anyone with a ping 100ms or higher - playing in that server saw me meeting those requirements. The first quarter of the match I was in the 120ms range, well over the 100ms limit.

    Claiming playing OOR is now "impossible" is completely unfounded. I literally have video evidence of doing it successfully after the patch.

    Bro just go look on youtube at the evidence the game is broken now. I was playing today on a west us server, getting kills is ridiculously hard to the point that it's worth even trying or playing. I don't know how many times I've said this now but it's not just about OOR people within region are having issues.

    You might have had a few annoying encounters with high pingers, but the system was better for everyone before.

    That's completely your opinion, factual evidence and community consensus would say the opposite. Just because our experience at moments was somewhat tolerable doesn't change the fact that we were having problems because of high ping players. No one is entitled to have a decent experience at my expense, that's just stupid and selfish.

    Everything here is someones crappy opinion. This whole argument is stupid and only going in circles. However Ido think you'll find the community is split 50/50 on this change.

    And as for the "selfish" part. Before you could play without hardly any issues except the odd OOR player here and there. Now vast portions of people can hardly play, so who's really playing at someones expense.

    Except what you perceive as "hardly any issues" were very common in my case. I can't tell you how many glitches I've seen over the years. Simply because you had a good experience on your client doesn't mean others are just fine.

    It's an opinion until factual data comes into play, in which this case it does. It's commonly known that oor and high ping did cause an advantage pre patch and a lot of players exploited this.

    I hardly believe that 50% of the community is having trouble, anyone with some kind of quality connection definitely seen an improvement. You still don't get it, now your experience is at nobodies expense but yours.

    So yes it is selfish that your suppose to have a decent experience with high ping at the expense of dragging down mine. I play in region and have a good connection nobody should be able to effect that.

    Ultimately it comes down to your having problems because of you and nobody else. You cannot blame dice or ea because you bought the game, just because you purchased access to it doesn't give you a guarantee that your client is going to be able to run it perfect.

    It still just baffles me that this many people actually thought that this would last forever and nobody would say a thing. If you don't have the money to invest into a better connection or live in a place that isn't up to par with 2017 network standards you shouldn't be playing, simple as that.

    Whatever mate. It's "your opinion" nothing more. I'm done repeating myself.

    Lol says the guy who says dice should change the netcode back to its horrendous state based off of nothing but pure speculation and biased opinion. I can tell your done repeating yourself by your repeat comments of "your opinion" even though all claims are supported by actual evidence.

    You can cry all you want about recent videos on YouTube, maybe you should search up the hit reg problems prior to the patch on several titles because of people like you.

    Anyone with half a brain would understand perfectly what is happening and the difference between the netcode and a bug. Just keep spouting your nonsense it's really going to change something. :D

    Yeah whatever buddy, done talking to you. Just not worth it.

    Yeah I would be too if my only argument is "waaaaaaah my internet is bad, but dice have to make the game tolerable for me anyway waaaaaaaaaaah!!!!!

    Lulz
    Yeah okay, whatever you say buddy. ...

    Ooooooooh nice response, it's such a welcomed change from your usual response to facts with "meh that's your opinion". Lol

    Seriously mate eat a ****. I'm not going to bother arguing with a child. My counter to your BS is 10 pages back.

    That's mature.
  • Tamag0Pudding
    74 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    I play mostly in East Coast servers and am fortunate as I'm blessed with low ping. (I average the twenties in almost all East Coast games.) Overall, the update is great as I'm hit noticeably less when I'm behind cover.

    However, I also know that there are thousands of players who have high pings due to the absence of servers in their particular region. They of course, also need to be heard.

    What Dice needs to do is find a middle ground that benefit both low ping and high ping players. The 150 threshold upcoming next week should hopefully rectify this.

    Why the petty arguments, guys? The particular player base that should be abhorred are the high pingers who play intentionally out of region to abuse the system, not those who are forced to play in far off servers due to lack of server availability. Two different audiences there, guys.

    Because 150 threshold is still not enough for some of the players? and how about the game modes which is completely dead in some regions? Do we not deserve to play what we've paid for because DICE and EA keep thinning the playerbase region by region?
  • crabman169
    12845 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    VictorLima141 is Australian, and he plays in Australian servers.

    He doesn't play out of region.

    He pays for a decent internet connection.

    His ping on the scoreboard is 14.

    He doesn't come on the forums and blame game developers for his poverty internet.

    Be like VictorLima141.

    Okay who are you with? Can't be Telstra
  • Matty101yttam
    1050 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I tried playing on a US server to test out the netcode, with 210-230 ping i went 42-18, that's from Australia when i was still adjusting to how far i needed to aim ahead, its not that bad just adjust and get used to it.
    Man i remember the days when over 600ms was considered high, we learnt to aim ahead and we accepted that it was our own connections that were the problem.
  • crabman169
    12845 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    I tried playing on a US server to test out the netcode, with 210-230 ping i went 42-18, that's from Australia when i was still adjusting to how far i needed to aim ahead, its not that bad just adjust and get used to it.
    Man i remember the days when over 600ms was considered high, we learnt to aim ahead and we accepted that it was our own connections that were the problem.

    Okay that more like Telstra ping
  • VictorLima141
    450 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    edited May 2017
    crabman169 wrote: »
    VictorLima141 is Australian, and he plays in Australian servers.

    He doesn't play out of region.

    He pays for a decent internet connection.

    His ping on the scoreboard is 14.

    He doesn't come on the forums and blame game developers for his poverty internet.

    Be like VictorLima141.

    Okay who are you with? Can't be Telstra
    crabman169 wrote: »
    VictorLima141 is Australian, and he plays in Australian servers.

    He doesn't play out of region.

    He pays for a decent internet connection.

    His ping on the scoreboard is 14.

    He doesn't come on the forums and blame game developers for his poverty internet.

    Be like VictorLima141.

    Okay who are you with? Can't be Telstra

    Surprisingly, I am. Pretty much every game I play, R6S, BF1, MW:R, I get smooth speeds and always have the lowest ping in any game. BF1 my ping next to the bars in the scoreboard fluctuates from 14 to 20. And this is with wifi as well, my tv is too far from the modem. I am a responsible gamer who plays in his country.
  • crabman169
    12845 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    crabman169 wrote: »
    VictorLima141 is Australian, and he plays in Australian servers.

    He doesn't play out of region.

    He pays for a decent internet connection.

    His ping on the scoreboard is 14.

    He doesn't come on the forums and blame game developers for his poverty internet.

    Be like VictorLima141.

    Okay who are you with? Can't be Telstra
    crabman169 wrote: »
    VictorLima141 is Australian, and he plays in Australian servers.

    He doesn't play out of region.

    He pays for a decent internet connection.

    His ping on the scoreboard is 14.

    He doesn't come on the forums and blame game developers for his poverty internet.

    Be like VictorLima141.

    Okay who are you with? Can't be Telstra

    Surprisingly, I am. Pretty much every game I play, R6S, BF1, MW:R, I get smooth speeds and always have the highest ping in any game.

    That's fudged :D

    "Good morning *ing Telstra; how can we p-iss you off today?"

    "Just do what you do every other day"
  • VictorLima141
    450 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    I tried playing on a US server to test out the netcode, with 210-230 ping i went 42-18, that's from Australia when i was still adjusting to how far i needed to aim ahead, its not that bad just adjust and get used to it.
    Man i remember the days when over 600ms was considered high, we learnt to aim ahead and we accepted that it was our own connections that were the problem.

    I'm Aussie too, back in the day on my piece of crap PC I used to play BF1942 with a pathetic 150-300 ping and I always blamed it on my pathetic crappy internet and PC, and I adjusted by leading shots rather than have a go at DICE on the forums. Silly millennials and their entitlement attitude. Also it looks like all the foreign people just think that DICE should change the entire game to suit them. inb4 calls me racist, but if you look at the other complain threads they're all written in broken english and expletive ridden.
  • Michael_Seaman
    461 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    I think people are forgetting that this game is a luxury not a civil right. The people with crappy internet/latency/connections should not get to dictate how the game works for everyone else that have good connections and low latency.

    On the flip side though, I agree DICE should not be making this game available in areas that don't have appropriate servers.

    With respect to people who want to play OOR because of "international friends" all they need to do is have dedicated region locked servers as well as dedicated "open" or "international" servers for you to join up with those friends.
  • crabman169
    12845 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    ^ considering the human race has existed just fine without video games for how many years?
  • Ram1c
    4167 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    I think people are forgetting that this game is a luxury not a civil right. The people with crappy internet/latency/connections should not get to dictate how the game works for everyone else that have good connections and low latency.

    On the flip side though, I agree DICE should not be making this game available in areas that don't have appropriate servers.

    With respect to people who want to play OOR because of "international friends" all they need to do is have dedicated region locked servers as well as dedicated "open" or "international" servers for you to join up with those friends.

    Although I agree with you, I can't see much difference between either. The truth is dice can't win, once the game acquires such popularity there is no situation that won't possibility of not being criticized.

    Players are mad now that they have to deal with their own connections and oor play. They're calling dice racist and accusing them of discrimination lol. Just imagine how bad it would be when these people start crying that ea and dice won't sell the game in their region.

    I could see the threads now saying dice are racists because they don't want people in those areas playing their games lmao. Trust me man some people are never happy, no matter how much you give them.
  • Kay-7k
    183 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    As for the proposed 150ms or so update, those of you who breach that by a considerable amount will still have difficulties going too far OOR so it's not going to help you lot at all but it will certainly help mainland Europeans on the Irish servers & help the UK/US pond jumpers.

    It may also help with some Americans that have shoddy internet going from East to West coast.

    So even with the proposed fix those with extremely high pings will still need to lead shots, it may just be slightly less but it's not going to change a considerable amount. It may just be enough for some of you to play in the closest available server region to you though.
  • Private_UMPalot
    4234 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    It's going back how it was in Mays update.

    Large regions will get low ping protected servers.

    South Africa​ are getting servers.

    I don't know BF Bulletins source, but he tweeted out the above last night.
  • Kay-7k
    183 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    It's going back how it was in Mays update.

    Large regions will get low ping protected servers.

    South Africa​ are getting servers.

    I don't know BF Bulletins source, but he tweeted out the above last night.

    So everyone is happy now lol
    All is right in the world until next time.
Sign In or Register to comment.