Weekly Debrief

The Complain about "netcode" thread

Comments

• xenome111
    3064 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    It's going back how it was in Mays update.

Large regions will get low ping protected servers.

South Africa​ are getting servers.

I don't know BF Bulletins source, but he tweeted out the above last night.

South Africa already got their servers in January.lol
  • Dogwoggle11
    2669 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    I play mostly in East Coast servers and am fortunate as I'm blessed with low ping. (I average the twenties in almost all East Coast games.) Overall, the update is great as I'm hit noticeably less when I'm behind cover.

However, I also know that there are thousands of players who have high pings due to the absence of servers in their particular region. They of course, also need to be heard.

What Dice needs to do is find a middle ground that benefit both low ping and high ping players. The 150 threshold upcoming next week should hopefully rectify this.

Why the petty arguments, guys? The particular player base that should be abhorred are the high pingers who play intentionally out of region to abuse the system, not those who are forced to play in far off servers due to lack of server availability. Two different audiences there, guys.

Because 150 threshold is still not enough for some of the players? and how about the game modes which is completely dead in some regions? Do we not deserve to play what we've paid for because DICE and EA keep thinning the playerbase region by region?

150 is not enough? Come on. In some online games you would be completely **** with what ping, what are you talking about? You want them to raise it to 200?
    Seriously, if you hit +150ms consistently, you shouldn't even try to play an online FPS.

You ask too much, giving so little.

• Private_UMPalot
    4234 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    edited May 2017
    xenome111 wrote: »

South Africa already got their servers in January.lol

It was more SA servers my mistake.

https://twitter.com/BFBulletin/status/858801463589515265

Plus it is looking into, not confirmed, but I guess it will pretty much all happen.
  • BFBulletin
    76 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    edited May 2017

I haven't pointed out that It's going back how it was (pre-Spring patch state), but the 100ms HPR threshold won't return with the May update. Among other things, because It's now already changed for the next update and a hotfix to raise the threshold is coming very, very soon (server-side update).
  • Loqtrall
    12031 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Came back this morning hoping I'd missed some good conversation.

19e5a1aea5b615ee6df44c1a3c5d2286.gif?v=39200
  • Ram1c
    4167 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Loqtrall wrote: »
    Came back this morning hoping I'd missed some good conversation.

19e5a1aea5b615ee6df44c1a3c5d2286.gif?v=39200

You missed a few pretty sweet bans though.
  • The_DoctorsWife1
    129 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    I do not agree with DICE's tweaking of the netcode at all. My internet connection is superb unless the microwave is running (kills the signal), so I'm a little ticked off about this. I am not going to be able to record hits just because my connection is better than others... doesn't make sense to me.

They will undo this, right?
  • Private_UMPalot
    4234 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    I do not agree with DICE's tweaking of the netcode at all. My internet connection is superb unless the microwave is running (kills the signal), so I'm a little ticked off about this. I am not going to be able to record hits just because my connection is better than others... doesn't make sense to me.

They will undo this, right?

Microwave food is just bad, bin it. :D
  • RVDfor20
    190 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    I was told by someone who plays R6 siege that if you have a 200 ping or higher you either can't enter a server or you're immediately auto kicked after entering. Just saying, if that's true then this Dice update isn't something so crazy and unheard of and hopefully more games will implement these restrictions. Thank you Dice, Great update!
  • hkadiri
    27 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    RVDfor20 wrote: »
    I was told by someone who plays R6 siege that if you have a 200 ping or higher you either can't enter a server or you're immediately auto kicked after entering. Just saying, if that's true then this Dice update isn't something so crazy and unheard of and hopefully more games will implement these restrictions. Thank you Dice, Great update!
    But they limited it to 100 ping -_-

• Loqtrall
    12031 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    hkadiri wrote: »
    RVDfor20 wrote: »
    But they limited it to 100 ping -_-

But they're raising it tomorrow (supposedly)
  • hkadiri
    I live in morocco right ? and the nearest region to me is europe but if i enter a europian server i get 130-140 ping and im sure its not my internet connection
  • xenome111
    See today I again played with high ping and people claiming it's unplayable it's not.
    1.My first match after the patch dropped...https://goo.gl/photos/ehbuNmJ3AQwhSXPA7
    2.Today -https://goo.gl/photos/w7ppU8SKmoUutX616
    But my problem is no local servers.
    So Dice pls fast on that matter.
  • Tamag0Pudding
    74 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    See today I again played with high ping and people claiming it's unplayable it's not.
    1.My first match after the patch dropped...https://goo.gl/photos/ehbuNmJ3AQwhSXPA7

This is a terrible score.
  • DEATHSTR0KE52
    16 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    BigF33t_13 wrote: »
    It's the best it's been as far as I'm concerned. You shouldn't be playing on servers with over 40 ping.

You're one dumb big feet aren't you?
    Even with the best connection available you can't get 40 ping in servers that are physically so much far away from you
  • Loqtrall
    Oh yeah - and last night before hopping on with friends, I played in ANOTHER EU match (OOR for me), with 120ms ping or higher this time.

I attempted to get kills with SLRs because someone said it was specifically SLRs and bolt-action rifles that suffered the most from the netcode.

I, again, have clips recorded of my shots connecting and me getting kills with the Mondragon Optical - even at range. I didn't get any significantly different performance out of it than playing in my region, and my hits were definitely registering.
  • DEATHSTR0KE52
    bearpatroI wrote: »
    15-40ms ping and everything felt great when I played. Play in your own region. I call bs on your supposed under 100ms ping though. Only lies to try and reverse this wonderful patch so you can exploit the lag compensation with your region jumping pals jose and chan.

There
    You've never seen anyone complain before?

Yeah, no Battlefield player has ever moaned about OOR players ever.

The high pingers are disappearing fast.

I'm in SEA and they didn't put Singapore / Indian servers where we could get ping much lower than 100 ms. Is it our fault that DICE decided to punish OOR players. We can't even play in our own region now.
  • hkadiri
    Loqtrall wrote: »
    Oh yeah - and last night before hopping on with friends, I played in ANOTHER EU match (OOR for me), with 120ms ping or higher this time.

I attempted to get kills with SLRs because someone said it was specifically SLRs and bolt-action rifles that suffered the most from the netcode.

I, again, have clips recorded of my shots connecting and me getting kills with the Mondragon Optical - even at range. I didn't get any significantly different performance out of it than playing in my region, and my hits were definitely registering.

proof ? im not accepting it if you were killing non-moving players
  • DEATHSTR0KE52
    Look, out of region playing is not good for the people who play in region. Suck it up, or find a local platoon to join.

There're no local servers here in SEA. How are we supposed to "suck it up" then?
  • xenome111

This is a terrible score.

Ha I don't play for score or kd for that matter.I play it for fun.If u think u can do better with 160 ping do it what gives?Me I don't care lol.If u want competition let the server come I will show u competition.Me and U 1vs1 both 3ms ping uh dreams.