Weekly Debrief

The Complain about "netcode" thread

Comments

• Private_UMPalot
    4234 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    edited May 2017
    Look, out of region playing is not good for the people who play in region. Suck it up, or find a local platoon to join.

There're no local servers here in SEA. How are we supposed to "suck it up" then?

Demand local servers in your area, they are forcing EA to bring more local servers to those who ask. Get in contact with the right people. You want it, you are going to have to work for it I'm afraid.
  • nefariouscheat
    557 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    People are so clueless about the netcode (Ping etc..), It's your problem that you have lag, NOT DICE.
    The only problem is maybe the lack of local servers in some regions.
  • hkadiri
    27 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    DON'T YOU GUYS **** UNDERSTAND WE DON'T HAVE SERVERS IN OUR AREA SO WE HAVE TO PLAY IN OTHER REGIONS
  • DEATHSTR0KE52
    16 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    It's so pathetic that DICE could come up with a "solution" for "OOR player problem" but not with the hacker problem. They got their priorities straight yeah.
  • PottyScottie
    251 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    hkadiri wrote: »
    congrats dice you ruined the game for so many people including me , ATLEAST make it like 150 ping or 160 since we don't have servers in our country and we HAVE to get in oversea servers in order to play , at the moment i can't even shoot.
    EXAMPLE :

Play in ur own region.
  • xenome111
    3064 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    bearpatroI wrote: »
    15-40ms ping and everything felt great when I played. Play in your own region. I call bs on your supposed under 100ms ping though. Only lies to try and reverse this wonderful patch so you can exploit the lag compensation with your region jumping pals jose and chan.

There
    You've never seen anyone complain before?

Yeah, no Battlefield player has ever moaned about OOR players ever.

The high pingers are disappearing fast.

I'm in SEA and they didn't put Singapore / Indian servers where we could get ping much lower than 100 ms. Is it our fault that DICE decided to punish OOR players. We can't even play in our own region now.

I'm too.Just be patient.https://forums.battlefield.com/en-us/discussion/95350/heres-why-india-deserves-battlefield-servers#latest.
  • nefariouscheat
    557 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    What is the deal with playing with 100-150 ping? As long as your ping is stable there shouldn't be an issue. I have played FPS games for 15 years. I live in The Netherlands, but mostly active on USA servers. Never had any problems...
    Contact your provider for packet loses or maybe your router is outdated. Again the only problem from DICE theire side is the lack of servers in some regions.
  • hkadiri
    congrats dice you ruined the game for so many people including me , ATLEAST make it like 150 ping or 160 since we don't have servers in our country and we HAVE to get in oversea servers in order to play , at the moment i can't even shoot.
    EXAMPLE :
    EXAMPLE :

Play in ur own region.

HOW MUCH OF AN IDIOT YOU ARE ? WE DON'T HAVE SERVERS IN OUR COUNTRY SO WE HAVE TO PLAY IN OTHER REGIONS
  • Loqtrall
    12032 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Loqtrall wrote: »
    Oh yeah - and last night before hopping on with friends, I played in ANOTHER EU match (OOR for me), with 120ms ping or higher this time.

I attempted to get kills with SLRs because someone said it was specifically SLRs and bolt-action rifles that suffered the most from the netcode.

I, again, have clips recorded of my shots connecting and me getting kills with the Mondragon Optical - even at range. I didn't get any significantly different performance out of it than playing in my region, and my hits were definitely registering.

proof ? im not accepting it if you were killing non-moving players

Well then the first clip is just for you, pumpkin.

• hkadiri
    Motafied wrote: »
    People are so clueless about the netcode (Ping etc..), It's your problem that you have lag, NOT DICE.

WELL IF YOU SEE DICE MADE PEOPLE WITH OVER 100 PING SUFFER BASICALLY YOUR SHOTS WILL NOT REG
  • nefariouscheat

WELL IF YOU SEE DICE MADE PEOPLE WITH OVER 100 PING SUFFER BASICALLY YOUR SHOTS WILL NOT REG
    Not true, also stop using CAPS. There is nothing wrong with a high ping, as long as your ping is stable you will be fine.
  • Loqtrall
    12032 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member

Not true.

No-hit-reg is a bug that DICE already acknowledged, it has nothing to do with netcode.

I have video evidence using vehicles, LMGs, pistols, grenades, and SLRs in an OOR server where I have over 100ms latency the entire match, and my hits register.
  • hkadiri
    Oh yeah - and last night before hopping on with friends, I played in ANOTHER EU match (OOR for me), with 120ms ping or higher this time.

I attempted to get kills with SLRs because someone said it was specifically SLRs and bolt-action rifles that suffered the most from the netcode.

I, again, have clips recorded of my shots connecting and me getting kills with the Mondragon Optical - even at range. I didn't get any significantly different performance out of it than playing in my region, and my hits were definitely registering.

WELL YOU MISSED MOST OF UR SHOTS
  • hkadiri

Not true.

No-hit-reg is a bug that DICE already acknowledged, it has nothing to do with netcode.

I have video evidence using vehicles, LMGs, pistols, grenades, and SLRs in an OOR server where I have over 100ms latency the entire match, and my hits register.

IM TALKING ABOUT THE FEATURE
  • Loqtrall
    edited May 2017

WELL YOU MISSED MOST OF UR SHOTS

That's because I didn't lead enough compared to how high my ping was and how much I was lagging (again, that's in the patch notes, DICE literally said if you have 100+ms you have to lead further)

Of course - it was my first game using an SLR with server-side hit detection because I had over 120ms, so I had to adjust.

But once I did adjust, as you can see, I hit my shots. The shots I missed, I deserved to miss and were not hits because I was lagging and not leading how I should have been.

P.S. - you can stop using all-caps, it's against the forum rules.
  • RVDfor20
    190 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Again it should be said that we've seen high ping players go positive and finish top 5. So its not automatic that a high ping player has no chance to have a good experience. You learn to play and adapt just like the low ping players had to do. Hopefully Dice won't tweak it again after this upcoming "fix". At the very least I'd like to see them give it a chance for more than a couple of days before making further changes.
  • xenome111
    3064 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
  • Loqtrall
    RVDfor20 wrote: »
    Again it should be said that we've seen high ping players go positive and finish top 5. So its not automatic that a high ping player has no chance to have a good experience. You learn to play and adapt just like the low ping players had to do. Hopefully Dice won't tweak it again after this upcoming "fix". At the very least I'd like to see them give it a chance for more than a couple of days before making further changes.

Exactly.

My FIRST ever OOR match was after the patch to see what other people were experiencing, and I got first place on the winning team with an almost 2 K/D.

It's different, definitely - but not that noticeably, and it's NOT hard to adjust to.
  • hkadiri
    xenome111 wrote: »

But we need servers in north africa :'(
  • Loqtrall
    xenome111 wrote: »

But we need servers in north africa :'(

So pester DICE about it. How do you think other people are getting servers tested in their specific regions?