Weekly Debrief

The Complain about "netcode" thread

Comments

• ProAssassin2003
    3447 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Its so funny seeing everybody argue about the Netcode. I predicted this when they first announced the Netcode changes. I created a thread saying UH OH DICE are messing with Netcode again.

The Fact of the matter is the Netcode was in a solid place before the spring patch and nobody was complaining. But DICE did what they always do and break something that wasn't broken. I have zero packet loss with ping 80 to 90 ping and I have been rarely getting no hit markers.

The point is DICE shouldn't have F with the Netcode as none of this was happening before Spring patch.
  • dbibby1988
    421 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Im getting a constant 40-50ms, no symbols at the side and finding most of my shots just arent connecting. Im even getting beasted at distance by 100+ms with the helreigel. I dont know where all this talk of people with high pingers are at a disadvantage is coming from. Ive quit every game Ive played so far today.
  • Loqtrall
    12031 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Its so funny seeing everybody argue about the Netcode. I predicted this when they first announced the Netcode changes. I created a thread saying UH OH DICE are messing with Netcode again.

The Fact of the matter is the Netcode was in a solid place before the spring patch and nobody was complaining. But DICE did what they always do and break something that wasn't broken. I have zero packet loss with ping 80 to 90 ping and I have been rarely getting no hit markers.

The point is DICE shouldn't have F with the Netcode as none of this was happening before Spring patch.

Again - if you're not lagging (because it happens to low ping players to) and are getting no hits registered, that's a known bug that has nothing to do with the netcode.

If I can play with 120ms way OOR and still register hits with three different weapon types - it's not the netcode that's causing no hit reg.
  • hkadiri
    27 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    Loqtrall wrote: »
    hkadiri wrote: »
    xenome111 wrote: »

But we need servers in north africa :'(

So pester DICE about it. How do you think other people are getting servers tested in their specific regions?

Do you think they will listen to me alone ? i need a BUNCH of people
  • Loqtrall
    12031 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member

So pester DICE about it. How do you think other people are getting servers tested in their specific regions?

Well that would require there to be a BUNCH of people that want servers in North Africa. There would have to be a playerbase available in that region to warrant putting servers there.
  • xenome111
    3064 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    Oh yeah - and last night before hopping on with friends, I played in ANOTHER EU match (OOR for me), with 120ms ping or higher this time.

I attempted to get kills with SLRs because someone said it was specifically SLRs and bolt-action rifles that suffered the most from the netcode.

I, again, have clips recorded of my shots connecting and me getting kills with the Mondragon Optical - even at range. I didn't get any significantly different performance out of it than playing in my region, and my hits were definitely registering.

proof ? im not accepting it if you were killing non-moving players

Well then the first clip is just for you, pumpkin.

WELL YOU MISSED MOST OF UR SHOTS

At first dice released the patch Just 4 days ago.It was the worst timing on their part though.But anyways everyone takes time to adapt some fast some slow.Anyways Dice is testing servers near to our region next week see my post above till then either u can learn to adapt or take a chill pill and play some other games.
    Do I have to slow down my gameplay a bit in comparison to pre patch yes surely.Think it like the game was launched 4 days ago and ure still figuring out how to play.See not that hard I'm in the same boat as u guys because I'm Indian.
  • Private_UMPalot
    4234 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    We low pingers were not complaining, we just have swallowed facing high ping players for so long on console we gave up, but we are smiling now.

Sorry people are having trouble, but all I care about is that the server I am in isn't full of bullet sponge players.
  • xenome111

Now is the time to raise ur voice if u find a group they can surely help u.See I tweeted them right before the patch was even out because I knew what was going to happen.It was perfect timing on my part.And if u can see the status of the tweet then u can see how many guys/girls followed after me asking for servers.So make them see that u have a playerbase to warrant a server there.
  • ProAssassin2003
    3447 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member

Again - if you're not lagging (because it happens to low ping players to) and are getting no hits registered, that's a known bug that has nothing to do with the netcode.

If I can play with 120ms way OOR and still register hits with three different weapon types - it's not the netcode that's causing no hit reg.

That's the point of my comment. If DICE didn't touch the Netcode the bug wouldn't exist.
  • Loqtrall
    edited May 2017

That's the point of my comment. If DICE didn't touch the Netcode the bug wouldn't exist.

Except it has nothing to do with them touching the netcode. As of this point, they don't know exactly what's causing it - but obviously there are people, myself included, who can play OOR with a very high latency and still have shots register and still have at least a playable and okay gaming experience.

You keep insisting the bug came from the netcode change but there's no evidence to support that claim apart from it happening in the same patch that the netcode change (which is not all that was changed in the patch) was included in.

You may a well be saying "If DICE didn't patch the game, there would be no hit-reg bug"
  • Arc_TJ
    7 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    Tell me. Many people said high ping had advantage over low ping

I know this bf4 have hybrid lag compensation (client side hit detection, server side hit regitration)
    But the thing strange. I have been having this disadvantage in bf4 pre netcode patch as well. Bf hardline didnt have hybrid, if im correct, they relied on pure client side.

How come i still having hardtime killing those low ping.
    This include bf3 as well.

Whenever u guys with low ping have opportunity to take vacation in south east asia, bring console or laptop along with u. And try it for yourself.

• Matty101yttam
    1054 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited May 2017
    I honestly think they should turn off the tracer rounds and bullet impacts if your high pinging(for a while anyhow), i think people are watching that and blaming visual hits for misses.
  • xenome111
    Oh yeah - and last night before hopping on with friends, I played in ANOTHER EU match (OOR for me), with 120ms ping or higher this time.

I attempted to get kills with SLRs because someone said it was specifically SLRs and bolt-action rifles that suffered the most from the netcode.

I, again, have clips recorded of my shots connecting and me getting kills with the Mondragon Optical - even at range. I didn't get any significantly different performance out of it than playing in my region, and my hits were definitely registering.

Lol why ur enemies does not shoot back to u lol except for the last video.R they like this on console then I will definitely move to console gaming lol.But we can agree the spawn system in this game is pretty bad though example ur last video it becomes more chaotic in tdm.
  • Loqtrall

Lol why ur enemies does not shoot back to u lol except for the last video.R they like this on console then I will definitely move to console gaming lol.But we can agree the spawn system in this game is pretty bad though example ur last video it becomes more chaotic in tdm.

Well that's in the EU - I did run into many people that were just sort of sitting there.

In the second clip, I have absolutely no idea why the Scout at the end of the clip didn't kill me - I was standing out in the open trying to record the guy I just killed and wasn't able to move or shoot him at all for a good 2 or so seconds.

The guy was completely oblivious, I guess.
  • blackknightrr
    22 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    I have mentioned it before and will mention it again. Unless you have ridiculously high ping, high pingers never had an advantage on low pingers. I don't know where this argument is coming from. I have played bf1 close to 400 hours and not a single person complained to me that I am invincible or hard to kill or whatever. My ping hovers around 100.On the contrary I would always feel at a disadvantage. I have asked the low ping players in game about whether they feel high ping has an advantage no one said yes. It seems this issue is being pushed by a bunch of people with total disregard to players who have above 100 ping which is a large player base. This patch is a literal **** you to anyone who has above 100 ping. But hey they are glad to take our money. They have no issues in that.
  • Kay-7k
    183 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    Why is everyone still getting their knickers in a twist. A fair few posts back, the information on the intended "fix" to this recent change was posted. Have a little patience & see what happens.
  • denjoga
    607 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    congrats dice you fixed the game for so many people including me
  • rock1obsta
    3811 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited May 2017
    Motafied wrote: »
    People are so clueless about the netcode (Ping etc..), It's your problem that you have lag, NOT DICE.
    The only problem is maybe the lack of local servers in some regions.

WELL IF YOU SEE DICE MADE PEOPLE WITH OVER 100 PING SUFFER BASICALLY YOUR SHOTS WILL NOT REG

Not true.

No-hit-reg is a bug that DICE already acknowledged, it has nothing to do with netcode.

I have video evidence using vehicles, LMGs, pistols, grenades, and SLRs in an OOR server where I have over 100ms latency the entire match, and my hits register.

IM TALKING ABOUT THE FEATURE

Dude, seriously, all caps makes you look like a loudmouth dbag. Chill.

High ping by itself doesn't mean you can't play. I was in a server with a guy on the enemy team playing with 283 ping. He went 14 or 15-1.
  • sg2434
    3826 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    VictorLima141 is Australian, and he plays in Australian servers.

He doesn't play out of region.

He pays for a decent internet connection.

His ping on the scoreboard is 14.

He doesn't come on the forums and blame game developers for his poverty internet.

Be like VictorLima141.

The thread should have ended here.
  • xenome111
    edited May 2017
    ICEMANx442 wrote: »
    Kozer213 wrote: »
    @Kozer213 post a video of what you are experiencing so we can understand better.

Its been awhile since I have recorded a video.

Try that. That is the best ping I can hope to get on a populated server. I am not asking to be treated like I have 30ms for a ping. I just would like to be able to have a decent time.
    Regardless unless the african servers fill up I am done with battlefield. Makes me sad since it is a great game.

Maybe a longer video with more of that, so it shows it is not just an isolated incident. To be honest if I had to put up with that, I'd stop playing Battlefield asap and never come back.

Do you see now why so many are angry? There's countless videos online showcasing this, I played a lot today to really get a feel of the new netcode, almost every encounter, every game is like this video now. Before the patch how many high ping players did you encounter a game? If it was a lot then yes that would be annoying but if it was just a few in a match of 64 it's not game breaking you move on and might not even encounter that player all game.
    I know sadly that because of this I and my international friends will be playing a hell of a lot less, and when I play I'm just going to be messing around with TNT to kill people, instead of playing to win.

I've played in servers FILLED with high ping players. If they were so few how do you think we would get pages of the forum all talking about he same thing? And that's just the complete minority who bothers to post. For what I gathered, we had a great part of the playerbase in Asia playing with high pings on other regions. That's A LOT of people. Add the players on the Middle-East and all of those with crappy internet service... It is obvious that the servers were pushing hard to maintain a decent performance with all the high ping players.

They were not just one or two per match (I mean, even now with the new netcode I see a lot more than that), they were many, many more.

I'm sorry I don't believe you, I've rarely seen anyone complain about high pingers I play almost exclusively with friends from overseas They've not once mentioned it, they're low pingers and they don't like this change anyone who plays with people from overseas probably don't like it hell people with friends on the opposite side of the country have been nnegatively affected
    The vocal minority complained and got their way Now the game is unplayable for many.
    You might have had trouble killing an high pinger somtimes but for the most part you could play happily. Whats happened now is vast portions of the community have been split and BF1 is unplayable. If people thought the game was dying before just watch it now.

I've never seen any more than a dozen high pingers in one game before including myself, and most of the it's half that.
    Your issues never stopped you from having a good having fun or made you consider to stop playing.

Well it doesn't matter what you believe - it's a fact that people have been complaining about OOR and high ping players in this game, and the netcode that gave them an advantage over low-ping players since at least BC2, almost 7 years ago.

The advantages the netcode gave high ping players was confirmed by DICE devs themselves, and the netcode was changed BECAUSE of that advantage. They didn't just change the netcode randomly out of nowhere for no reason.

Lastly - I live in US East. Some guy on the forum challenged me to play OOR with a high ping to see what all these crybabies are going through.

So, I did. I joined an EU server with a yellow, 3-bar connection in the server browser. From the moment I joined I had at least over 110ms latency, and it stayed that way the entire match, never dipped below 110.

Do you know what happened? I got first place on the winning team, and got an almost 2K/D going 30-17.

And if you find that unbelievable, I not only took a screenshot of the end-of-round scoreboard with my ping visible, but I recorded 10+ clips of my shots registering and me getting kills, with the scoreboard shown after every kill so you can see my latency.

I'll gladly link you to the videos and the screenshot of the scoreboard if you don't believe me.

I read a bit of your comment wrong, However 110 ping isn't that bad try 150+ then come back. Fact the old netcode allowed players from around the world to play together without much issues, now it's an impossibility.

https://goo.gl/photos/FUzewwp5i3qG1eSV6
    I play on pc .I join to Hong Kong servers because that is the nearest server and I get 160 ping .Is it unplayable no .Do I have to adapt yes.I slowed my gameplay a bit if u compare with the pre patch.I can deal with it in till the servers come here.And at last my layout is medic use all 8.35 marks.auto rev as a sidearm.
    And also my screenshot also shows how bad the balancing feature is in this game lol.