Weekly BF

The Complain about "netcode" thread

Comments

• TamKingski
    1745 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    ohnoshyguy wrote: »
    Where's DICE? They post crap on Reddit and Twitter all the time...what about the OFFICIAL FORUMS!?

This update is bad.

I always wonder why the dice devs seem to prefer reddit over the official forums.The only rational thing i can think of is that using reddit allows them alot more freedom to discuss and express themselves,where as on the official forums they are restricted on what they can and cant say and are bound by EA/Dice redtape.

On reddit aslong as they are not divulging company secrets or slandering EA/Dice they can pretty much discuss anything they want without having a EA/Dice representative give them the all clear before every post.

Or maybe they just hate us :p
  • denjoga
    607 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    TamKingski wrote: »
    ohnoshyguy wrote: »
    Where's DICE? They post crap on Reddit and Twitter all the time...what about the OFFICIAL FORUMS!?

This update is bad.

I always wonder why the dice devs seem to prefer reddit over the official forums.The only rational thing i can think of is that using reddit allows them alot more freedom to discuss and express themselves,where as on the official forums they are restricted on what they can and cant say and are bound by EA/Dice redtape.

On reddit aslong as they are not divulging company secrets or slandering EA/Dice they can pretty much discuss anything they want without having a EA/Dice representative give them the all clear before every post.

Or maybe they just hate us :p

Seems to me like Redditors tend to be more calm and rational than people who come straight to the official game forums.
    That's my guess.
  • KatNasty
    26 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Its so funny seeing everybody argue about the Netcode. I predicted this when they first announced the Netcode changes. I created a thread saying UH OH DICE are messing with Netcode again.

The Fact of the matter is the Netcode was in a solid place before the spring patch and nobody was complaining. But DICE did what they always do and break something that wasn't broken. I have zero packet loss with ping 80 to 90 ping and I have been rarely getting no hit markers.

The point is DICE shouldn't have F with the Netcode as none of this was happening before Spring patch.
    Loqtrall wrote: »
    Its so funny seeing everybody argue about the Netcode. I predicted this when they first announced the Netcode changes. I created a thread saying UH OH DICE are messing with Netcode again.

The Fact of the matter is the Netcode was in a solid place before the spring patch and nobody was complaining. But DICE did what they always do and break something that wasn't broken. I have zero packet loss with ping 80 to 90 ping and I have been rarely getting no hit markers.

The point is DICE shouldn't have F with the Netcode as none of this was happening before Spring patch.

Again - if you're not lagging (because it happens to low ping players to) and are getting no hits registered, that's a known bug that has nothing to do with the netcode.

If I can play with 120ms way OOR and still register hits with three different weapon types - it's not the netcode that's causing no hit reg.

That's the point of my comment. If DICE didn't touch the Netcode the bug wouldn't exist.

Truth.
  • dbibby1988
    421 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited May 2017
    So I have been experiencing the random misses since the patch came out. Ive put quite a few hours in to this game, so you start to get a feel for it. Anyway ive taken the time to capture some of my gameplay with the netgraph on because I cant tell if A. I've got rubbish at aiming, B. Lag is involved or C. If its the new bug. Id just like to try and fatham it out once and for all and try improve. Sorry if I posted this in the wrong place. Any information/guidance welcome.

And before I forget. Half way through this video I get massive lag. Hand on heart this has never happened to me before. After the spike it settled down back and didnt go up again, I thought Id include it in to the video anyway.
  • Billydoc1
    520 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    All of you...do you see where BF1 is going?
    Do you realize the mess in the BF community?
    DICE...be carefull...don't destroy the BF series & our community!
    The shock in the end will be an unpleasant surprise!
    Just a warning...my thoughts these last days
  • nefariouscheat
    557 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Why don't have I a single issue? I can play without a problem on US servers and even Asian. And I am from The Netherlands.
  • disposalist
    8665 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha Member
    edited May 2017
    Motafied wrote: »
    Why don't have I a single issue? I can play without a problem on US servers and even Asian. And I am from The Netherlands.
    I'm going to do that test.

EDIT: -

Using Selbstlader 1926 Optical (so, accuracy required)

300 ping Oceania: Horrible heh. Bad laggy experience. Never had it that bad even with ping size and variance problems with my ISP. Wouldn't want to play like that.

275 ping Asia: Not nice. Not knowing whether to stop firing because hit register late. Missing shots you were on target for. Went 9-7 5th place in team in TDM though. Not impossible, but not pleasant. Having to lead shots at close-ish range is nasty.

175 ping Africa: Not great. Missing a few when you're sure you've hit. Hit register delay really disconcerting. Started to get used to it though. In my second deathmatch I was MVP even. Having to lead shots at mid range is odd, but doable.

150 ping North America. Very little difference to my normal EU experience if any. Hit registration almost instant. No missed hits. Did fine.

30 ping EU. Fantastic experience. Now I notice the difference with NA. It may be a placebo effect but I'm perhaps realising that the NA experience I had is what EU sometimes (used to?) feel like, but recently EU is simply awesome in its responsiveness and immediacy.

PS: Do people outside the EU only play TDM? There weren't many servers available, even in NA (midday in UK) but what there were were *all* TDM. Maybe only playing fast-and-furious CQC run-and-gun makes bad ping seem even worse?
    Post edited by disposalist on
  • olavafar
    1982 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    I also tried going on a US server this morning, just to see what it is like on a full server. My latency was firmly at 120 so I did not get over 150 limit. All in all I cannot complain about the experience. Scored slightly above what I normally do but then I have a quite wide spread performance record. Sometimes being semipro-like and sometimes totally awful (I'm the only DADS member who regularly use the term 'death streak').
  • Dogwoggle11
    2669 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    Billydoc1 wrote: »
    All of you...do you see where BF1 is going?
    Do you realize the mess in the BF community?
    DICE...be carefull...don't destroy the BF series & our community!
    The shock in the end will be an unpleasant surprise!
    Just a warning...my thoughts these last days

It is improved (the netcode) for the huge majority of players. So I'd say it's going to a good place.

I would like EA to implement more servers, but that's their thing.