Haven't played in a couple months, now snipers everywhere?

0SiGHT0
455 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
This isn't a complaint thread, just an observation. For example, I hop on to play Frontlines on the new maps, and notice that on the scoreboard over half of both teams are snipers on every map. I found a similar thing when I went to play Conquest. I mean this isn't surprising to me for several reasons, but have you noticed the same thing in your games?

Comments

• C_Belles
    286 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    You can tell by the scoreboard what kit people
    are using?
  • hawcer
    3289 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    nope....usually 1 to 5 in favor of other classes.
    also depends on map and mode.

Last couple days all I see is Assault, a couple medics and support and a few scouts trying to unlock the new MH.
  • EmothicVH
    973 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    For me I haven't notice that many recond on the game. Currently there are far more Assault class players becuase they are trying to unlock the Hellregial Defenseive version. But even before then the amount of snipers were not that many. Though the number of them do increase when playing on larger more open maps, but if you play in more in a Urban enviroment you will see less recond users.
  • kaliyl777
    1958 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    I notice a boatload of people unlocking the MH sniper, but foreal it fails in comparison to the amount of hellreigels.
  • l_water_l
    1535 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    For me the games all vary wildly. Sometimes I'll get into a match and a legit 2/3 of the team is support. The next game will be all assaults. It just depends.
  • IllIllIII
    4245 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    0SiGHT0 wrote: »
    This isn't a complaint thread, just an observation. For example, I hop on to play Frontlines on the new maps, and notice that on the scoreboard over half of both teams are snipers on every map. I found a similar thing when I went to play Conquest. I mean this isn't surprising to me for several reasons, but have you noticed the same thing in your games?

All classes are used pretty equally.
  • Phthinein
    3643 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha Member
    The trench fighter got nerfed so all those KDR farmers switched to sniper.
  • IllIllIII
    4245 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member

Nooo we don't want them!
  • Phthinein
    3643 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha Member
    IllIllIII wrote: »

Nooo we don't want them!

I was hoping they'd leave too.
    Fun fact, my KDR is sky rocketing because of the lack of TFs in the air and those pilots being terrible infantry.
  • jart372
    77 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha Member
    Yep snipers are everywhere. This game should be called sniperfield or something.
  • quangoo_3000
    306 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    edited May 2017
    unfortunately none of these people spot. Ironic when over half your team are scouts and thats their one class objective.

I seriously dont see the appeal to playing scout. The class doesnt lend itself to playing the objective, even with the more aggresive rifles, youre still SOL if you run into more than a few enemies.

people are using the MH to get the coveted sniper variant. Ok, a gun that excels mid to close range and has the slowest bullet velocity of all the scout rifles. Now youre going to have hill humpers at the back of the map trying to one shot people with a gun that has a pretty severe damage drop off.

IMG_20170405_202351.jpg
  • nefariouscheat
    555 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    IllIllIII wrote: »
    All classes are used pretty equally.
    This