Somebody make a BIG sign...

El-Sid-James
128 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
that says... If it ain't broke don't fix it. EA/Dice then please stick this up on your office wall and read it every day!

Frontlines was great on release, a mistake granted. But it was a happy accident, the game mode was brilliant. Now it just isn't. Also now it seems most pings are increased (mine by 25-30% to local servers) with the new netcode along with other issues. Why did you do this? The game again was fine on release. Who asked for these rubbish changes anyway?

If you really feel the need to fiddle with things. Sort out the hacking and get Operations into the Server browser first. You know things that actually make the game better and more accessible to more people, instead of fiddling the game for people who are only interested in polishing their stats. What do you want, people playing the game globally or just little elitist clubs playing locally?

Comments

• crabman169
    12841 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    My spider senses are tingling; you have no idea about the NetCode
  • dICEHOUSE
    533 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    My God help us...This must be like the 50th complaint thread about a update that was universally accepted. Except for about 50 players.

Please tell (or hopefully don't) what exactly changed for you. Then ask a MOD to combine it into the Thread.
  • El-Sid-James
    128 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    edited May 2017
    I don't need too. I can see the effect it has in-game and how the game plays, pre and post patch release. Or are you telling me I'm imagining it?
  • ProAssassin2003
    3044 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited May 2017
    It's not DICE who did anything. DICE is Followers.

They listened to You Tubers saying OOR had advantages when in fact the advantages was so small I havn't noticed in 4 Battlefields any advantages of OOR. Sure Very Rarely you will get WTF moments when dying but that is in every Multiplayer game that is not on LAN.

Certain You Tubers are basically controlling every aspect of Battlefield and that is a scary thing. Battlefield isn't a ESports competitive game and there acting like it is with this OOR Nonsense.

There is a Reason why Gaming Tournaments are LAN Only. Internet is unreliable in so many scenarios.
  • crabman169
    12841 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    I don't need too. I can see the effect it has in-game and how the game plays, pre and post patch release. Or are you telling me I'm imagining it?

Well If you have no idea you can't identify the actual problem.

Upload a clip of you playing.

Do you have high ping? How is your latency? Do you suffer from constant packet loss?

A fair few people are finding out that it's their internet that is bad not Dice's NetCode
  • El-Sid-James
    I can SEE the problem. On day one of game release, the ping in-game has been the same, until the patch came out. Now it is 25-30% higher. Not because my internet changed or anything else. It is because of the netcode change. It is amazing how some people just have to find a way to justify the BS they are fed
  • Ram1c
    4167 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Looooooooooool oh man great logic. :D
  • El-Sid-James
    Great another dyed in the wool idiot. Just keep accepting badly planned and thought out changes. I guess as long as you are fine then screw everybody else.
  • Ram1c
    4167 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Great another dyed in the wool idiot. Just keep accepting badly planned and thought out changes. I guess as long as you are fine then screw everybody else.

Well it is all about your personal experience, my internet has always been crisp and I never had any problems until games started implementing lag compensation. The fact is this netcode is factually the best that dice has ever made, simply because people with spotty internet are having problems as they should doesn't make it broken.

The changes were very well planned and thought out hence why a vast majority of the community is experiencing great lag free gameplay. It's simple if your having problems it's not the netcodes fault, it's cause your isp's network routing and jitter are messed up.

The bf community has been asking for this fix since bf3, they were sick of our experience suffering because of other people. I get your frustration I've been dealing with it for a long time. Now it's finally time you guys feel the problems your network is causing instead of it being dumped on us.
  • El-Sid-James
    Look around with your crisp internet and you will find it is a widespread problem. I don't have a spotty connection either, the changes happened immediately the patch was applied to the game. Stop trying to blame something else and using dog ate my homework BS excuses.

The question was who asked for the changes, nobody on the sparsely populated CTE servers that's for sure. And what about fixing the hacking first? Or does that not interest you?
  • bapman63
    935 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    dICEHOUSE wrote: »
    My God help us...This must be like the 50th complaint thread about a update that was universally accepted. Except for about 50 players.

Please tell (or hopefully don't) what exactly changed for you. Then ask a MOD to combine it into the Thread.

Not saying anything about the update but when and how was it universally accepded. If it was I sure as hell didn't get my vote.
  • Ram1c
    Look around with your crisp internet and you will find it is a widespread problem. I don't have a spotty connection either, the changes happened immediately the patch was applied to the game. Stop trying to blame something else and using dog ate my homework BS excuses.

The question was who asked for the changes, nobody on the sparsely populated CTE servers that's for sure. And what about fixing the hacking first? Or does that not interest you?

I have and the evidence is clear people that live in areas with crappy isps are the only ones having problems with the netcode itself. Of course the changes are going to happen immediately that was the point of the patch.

Have you read the patch notes? Nobody is blaming anyone, but clearly when your the one having problems and the majority are having the best experience yet, obviously the patch is doing what it was suppose to be doing.

That's rooting out high ping players and people with poor connections from hindering people with up to par networks experience. I'd say this was a priority over hackers seeing how this is something that has spanned over the last four titles. Not to mention this was a problem on every platform and hackers are only rampant on pc.

Yeah and I wouldn't put too much trust into the cte community seeing is how they made dice think it was a good idea to give us regenerating grenades instead of just tweaking the resupply. Even so they are still a very small portion of a vast playerbase, just like the people suffering from sub par connections. I know you think I'm the bad guy for saying it, but it's the truth.

If your ping is really high I suggest you call your isp and ask them to run some jitter and routing tests. There are plenty of alternatives to try and get your ping down other than blaming the boogey man dice for ruining your internet lol.
  • crabman169
    I can SEE the problem. On day one of game release, the ping in-game has been the same, until the patch came out. Now it is 25-30% higher. Not because my internet changed or anything else. It is because of the netcode change. It is amazing how some people just have to find a way to justify the BS they are fed

The NetCode is fine; until we see footage of your gameplay you are just throwing spiders.

I can play with 270-300ms just fine but I have to compensate for it.

This NetCode update is literally one of thee best things Dice had done and the proof is in the pudding. Player numbers are up and lots of people are so satisfied with it they have bought premium because of it.

Plenty are also finding out that their internet isn't all it's cracked up to be and that they are actually not every good at the game without their lag Comp. Yell at your provider not Dice; think they know a lot more about their game then you do
  • V2Face
    2648 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    sign-secrets-3-example.jpg
    This what you want, OP?
  • Yesman1035ktu
    532 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    I have definitely noticed some odd things lately like me standing in an enemy's fire grenade and taking no damage and hits not registering all the time and occasionally random head shots that I am pretty sure I did not hit plus tanking grenades like I am the sentry it might just be me not realizing what actually happened but the fire grenade one I was clearly in it and it did no harm.
  • El-Sid-James
    V2Face wrote: »
    sign-secrets-3-example.jpg
    This what you want, OP?

Yes... now to Photoshop!
  • El-Sid-James
    Ram1c wrote: »

I have and the evidence is clear people that live in areas with crappy isps are the only ones having problems with the netcode itself. Of course the changes are going to happen immediately that was the point of the patch.

Have you read the patch notes? Nobody is blaming anyone, but clearly when your the one having problems and the majority are having the best experience yet, obviously the patch is doing what it was suppose to be doing.

That's rooting out high ping players and people with poor connections from hindering people with up to par networks experience. I'd say this was a priority over hackers seeing how this is something that has spanned over the last four titles. Not to mention this was a problem on every platform and hackers are only rampant on pc.

Yeah and I wouldn't put too much trust into the cte community seeing is how they made dice think it was a good idea to give us regenerating grenades instead of just tweaking the resupply. Even so they are still a very small portion of a vast playerbase, just like the people suffering from sub par connections. I know you think I'm the bad guy for saying it, but it's the truth.

If your ping is really high I suggest you call your isp and ask them to run some jitter and routing tests. There are plenty of alternatives to try and get your ping down other than blaming the boogey man dice for ruining your internet lol.

Rooting out High ping players and people with poor connections.... u a **** by any chance?
  • MAGNUM_MU5TACHE
    1160 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    edited May 2017
    that says... If it ain't broke don't fix it. EA/Dice then please stick this up on your office wall and read it every day!

Frontlines was great on release, a mistake granted. But it was a happy accident, the game mode was brilliant. Now it just isn't. Also now it seems most pings are increased (mine by 25-30% to local servers) with the new netcode along with other issues. Why did you do this? The game again was fine on release. Who asked for these rubbish changes anyway?

If you really feel the need to fiddle with things. Sort out the hacking and get Operations into the Server browser first. You know things that actually make the game better and more accessible to more people, instead of fiddling the game for people who are only interested in polishing their stats. What do you want, people playing the game globally or just little elitist clubs playing locally?

Actually in my opinion I see those as fixes not mistakes. Netcode patch is great. Most of the other patch is good too.
  • Ram1c
    edited May 2017
    Ram1c wrote: »

Rooting out High ping players and people with poor connections.... u a **** by any chance?

No I'm someone who believes in fairness, what you bring to the table is what you get out of the experience. It's unfair for people who work hard, pay for better equipment, higher quality internet service, and optimize their home networks to have the cleanest, smoothest experience possible be hindered by someone who could care less.

Maybe your unlucky and don't have the means to have the opportunity to have a better connection whether it be economically or region wise, but that isn't our fault and maybe you shouldn't invest more money into a system and game that your network can't support.

We all want things we can't have, but it's selfish to think that your experience should be guaranteed at the expense of someone who who puts in that extra to not deal with those types of problems. So call me whatever names you want, but your network problems are nobody else's issue except yours.

Deal with it and stop blaming other players and the developer, the quicker you realize that the quicker you could start to address your issues with your isp. And yes rooting them out from playing out of region for a cheap advantage lol.
  • El-Sid-James
    For you maybe, but there are loads of people with issues. Which is what a couple of fanboy **** in this thread don't even acknowledge. Taking the 'we're all right jack, screw you' attitude really doesn't help. Plus why muck around with this stuff, who was really complaining about it. The game was fine before. Surely things like getting the hacking sorted and implementing operations into the game browser is more important. But no, lets prod and poke something that didn't really need fixing, oh now we really fixed it.

Isn't the point of these games is to be able to play with everybody, everywhere? If EA/Dice can't do that, then don't sell the game. SWB was a total road crash which I refunded within an hour. If the next BF title is going to have this kind of BS content I won't even try it, same with SWB 2.