Gewehr M.95 needs a buff

realistalive
606 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
I just find it very difficult to use this gun. I seem to miss almost every shot, even though I consider myself a good player.
I was thinking it should have a 10-round magazine loaded with two 5-round clips instead of the one it currently has, or it's muzzle velocity increased at least slightly. The ROF advantage over other rifles is extremely marginal.

If you're up against someone running an SLME/Gewehr 98, it's like they are playing with hitscan where they don't have to lead their target unlike the M.95 & the Martini, but at least you get a sweetspot with the MH unlike the very underwhelming M.95

Comments

• GLORYFREE
    209 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    Isint the m95 sweet spot like 80m or something. itis my favourite bolt action gun to play with. But the base damage is to low to make it effective for close to medium range engagements.
  • IllIllIII
    4245 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    edited May 2017
    I just find it very difficult to use this gun. I seem to miss almost every shot, even though I consider myself a good player.
    I was thinking it should have a 10-round magazine loaded with two 5-round clips instead of the one it currently has, or it's muzzle velocity increased at least slightly. The ROF advantage over other rifles is extremely marginal.

If you're up against someone running an SLME/Gewehr 98, it's like they are playing with hitscan where they don't have to lead their target unlike the M.95 & the Martini, but at least you get a sweetspot with the MH unlike the very underwhelming M.95

The buff would be very welcome if you ask me since i fell in love with that rifle.

But i don't think it would be a fair buff.
    The RoF is a huge advantage if you play aggro.
    The bullet velocity is indeed alot lower but i find leading the enemy not such a big deal.

Why don't you use the smle III instead?
    Post edited by IllIllIII on
  • hawcer
    3289 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    edited May 2017
    GLORYFREE wrote: »
    Isint the m95 sweet spot like 80m or something. itis my favourite bolt action gun to play with. But the base damage is to low to make it effective for close to medium range engagements.

no sweet spot,
    2 shot kill if not a headshot
    Needs nothing but a good operator.

If it had more nuts in the report....I probably would never use the MH,LOL
  • lancepants28
    6 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    this gun doesn't need a buff. use others then come back to it. it has the fastest follow up.
  • V2Face
    2677 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member

I wouldn't consider you a good player if you can't use the best sniper rifle in the game. Get good
  • AaronTheZombie
    584 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    It is arguably the best midrange scout rifle in the game. Definitely doesn't need a buff.
  • hawcer
    3289 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    V2Face wrote: »

I wouldn't consider you a good player if you can't use the best sniper rifle in the game. Get good

A bit harsh, but accurate assessment.
  • Temp1st
    2464 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member

Yeah a little problem with that idea, The Mannlicher M1895 uses a En Bloc clip, You can't stack two of them on top of one another.
  • realistalive
    606 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member

probably because it doesn't exist, M.95 has the marksman, carbine and infantry but no sniper..
  • V2Face
    2677 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    edited May 2017
    hawcer wrote: »

A bit harsh, but accurate assessment.

You have to be blunt with these types of players. You can't make a claim and then ask for a buff "good" players learn weapons.
  • xenome111
    3064 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
  • sg2434
    3826 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    edited May 2017
    YES PLEASE BUFF MY BABY

@Loqtrall
  • C_Belles
    286 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    The Gewehr 95 is my favorite scout rifle. Thing is an absolute beast! Doesn't need to be touched in any way. 5 rounds is plenty, it reloads quickly. Plus is only held 5 rounds IRL, so ya can't really double that and have it make sense.
  • Phthinein
    3643 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha Member
    edited May 2017
    xenome111 wrote: »

Yeah, I can't believe no one caught on to this yet considering he has the second most amount of kill with it in the world.
  • sg2434

Yeah, I can't believe no one caught on to this yet considering he has the second most amount of kill with it in the world.

Its because he changed his grav, no one recognises him amymore.
  • Phthinein
    3643 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha Member
    sg2434 wrote: »

He's had the same grav for a while.
  • Gorlax
    113 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    It's my favourite scout weapon. No need to change it...
  • sg2434

It used to be some sports man
  • Phthinein

It used to be some sports man

Its been the same grav for like 6 months dude.