Ping, Latency, Jitter ...

Comments

• Rev0verDrive
    6761 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    One of the mods might. Would nice for it to not get buried below misinformation posts.
  • ProAssassin2003
    3855 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I read a article one time about Online gaming and it said its a Miracle that it even exists much less work right all the time. DICE is trying to go for perfection and you will never get perfection.

The amount of Variables in one match of 64 People who all have different Routers, Internet, Pings, Wi Fi, Hardwired and Distances from Data Centers are Staggering. And thats not even bringing up the Code to get it to work.

Bottomline be lucky this works at all.
  • Rev0verDrive
    6761 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Depends on your idea of perfection. To me the new Quake game running 120Hz tick is pretty close to perfection.
  • dbibby1988
    421 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I also think it deserves a sticky to the top. Hes taken the time out to explain all the variables involved with online gaming. Hes even taking time to help out idiots like me who don't understand the ins and outs of all the netgraphs etc during game play.
  • xenome111
    3064 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    Depends on your idea of perfection. To me the new Quake game running 120Hz tick is pretty close to perfection.

Haha nothing beats 144Hz tick though ;)
  • ProAssassin2003
    3855 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    dbibby1988 wrote: »
    I also think it deserves a sticky to the top. Hes taken the time out to explain all the variables involved with online gaming. Hes even taking time to help out idiots like me who don't understand the ins and outs of all the netgraphs etc during game play.

Ever heard of Google. He probably copied and pasted that off some Tech Article.
  • TEKNOCODE
    11592 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member

dc73ab7b35c62a5ba7cf307bea7dff82_its-a-malamute-thing-aww-nodding-head-meme_500-243.gif
  • sg2434
    3826 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member

Do you ever have anything positive to say? Ever?
  • ProAssassin2003
    edited May 2017
    sg2434 wrote: »

All the Time. That comment wasn't Negative it was just Facts. If he wrote all that from knowing it thats awesome but just Google it.

But people don't have common sense on these forums. 90% of the Player base don't care about Ping or how they are connecting to Battlefield 1. They just play the game. I have 4 Friends who play and they Never go to Forums or check patch notes. They don't care. And they play daily.

DICE is adjusting the game off what You Tubers say and post in CTE.
  • TEKNOCODE
    11592 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member

All the Time. That comment wasn't Negative it was just Facts. If he wrote all that from knowing it thats awesome but just Google it.

But people don't have common sense on these forums. 90% of the Player base don't care about Ping or how they are connecting to Battlefield 1. They just play the game. I have 4 Friends who play and they Never go to Forums or check patch notes. They don't care. And they play daily.

Your comment was pure speculation. There was nothing factual about it.
  • sg2434
    3826 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member

If by "all the time" you mean "never" then yeah I'd say all the time too.
  • dbibby1988
    421 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited May 2017

This is my point completely. You get the OP giving out useful information and then you tend to get people like you, always negative, arrogant etc. And I do watch/read youtube, patch notes etc. It doesnt mean I'm going to understand every little detail about it. Its nice once in a while to learn something, hence the reason I recorded my gameplay to understand it more.
  • Loqtrall
    12426 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    edited May 2017

I mean - really - have you not seen Rev posting on these forums for the past week?

Even before that, you can tell from his posts on topics like these that the guy has a vast knowledge of how internet connections and servers work.

I mean, really - this is a thread meant to help people, and all you've essentially done is come here to post negative (you may not see it that way, but to anyone else it's obvious) comments THREE times.

Most of your activity I've seen on this forum since the patch dropped has been super negative, no matter which thread you're posting in.

___________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Let's get back on topic.

This thread definitely deserves to be sticky'd. It's a knowledge-booster that could come in handy with the sheer amount of people complaining about netcode when they have a high ping. Just giving it a sticky with the word "Ping" at the beginning of the title would catch the attention of a lot of people.
  • dbibby1988
    I wouldnt believe everything you read on google anyway. A user on here suggested putting my ps4 in to a DMZ. So I googled it and it took me to a playstation forum. It sounded proper dodgey from what I read and something Im not willing to do. Users on the forum was saying it was giving them faster internet etc. which I know will not be true.
  • xenome111
    I wouldnt believe everything you read on google anyway. A user on here suggested putting my ps4 in to a DMZ. So I googled it and it took me to a playstation forum. It sounded proper dodgey from what I read and something Im not willing to do. Users on the forum was saying it was giving them faster internet etc. which I know will not be true.

Throw ur ps4 in the dustbin and join the glorious PC MASTER RACE bro.Cummon u know u want it.JOIN US.
  • dbibby1988
    xenome111 wrote: »

Throw ur ps4 in the dustbin and join the glorious PC MASTER RACE bro.Cummon u know u want it.JOIN US.

Haha i do actually prefair pc gaming but I just dont have the room for it. I used to have one years ago playing the original far cry. It was great.
  • xenome111

Haha i do actually prefair pc gaming but I just dont have the room for it. I used to have one years ago playing the original far cry. It was great.

Haha don't take me seriously I'm just helping this thread by bumping it up in till the mods make this sticky ewwwww :D
  • dbibby1988

Haha don't take me seriously I'm just helping this thread by bumping it up in till the mods make this sticky ewwwww :D

Haha i wasnt taking it seriously, don't worry. :smiley:
  • 68Keif
    4628 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    @Braddock512

Need a sticky!!