Ping, Latency, Jitter ...

Comments

• Rev0verDrive
    6761 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    dbibby1988 wrote: »
    Are the following statements true in any way shape or form?

I read on a reddit page that a user was getting the latency variation symbol on bf4 because his mobile phone was connected to his modem the same time as playing bf4 and it affected the WiFi?

Another user on the same reddit post said using power line adapter can reduce the high latency issues he was having? Im tempted to get one for the future because I know having the console/pc hooked up by ethernet cable is more stable than WiFi.

https://www.reddit.com/r/battlefield_4/comments/3lqza4/high_latency_variation/

Any device connected to your LAN will affect your latency variation. To what degree is dependent on your bandwidth, what % of it is currently being used and the bandwidth usage of the device. Phones, even when you're not directly using them transmit and receive data constantly.

Powerline adapters do work. Model performances vary as do their throughput and connection type.
  • dbibby1988
    421 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Thanks for all the help youve given me over the last few days. Youve helped me out a hell of a lot.
  • Rev0verDrive
    6761 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    In light of the recent update it seems this post needs to be revived/bumped back into the light.
  • HardAimedKid
    11386 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    w00t! Updates.. Game is playing better than we. Fix your dinosaur rev!
  • Rev0verDrive

Played last night.
  • TEKNOCODE
    11592 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member

Played last night.
    tenor.gif
  • HardAimedKid
    11386 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member

Played last night.

My post said game is playing better than we. I'd like to point out that we is supposed to be ever. The game can't play better than we because we play the game. The game doesn't play us.. Or does it dice!!??
  • Rev0verDrive

Played last night.

My post said game is playing better than we. I'd like to point out that we is supposed to be ever. The game can't play better than we because we play the game. The game doesn't play us.. Or does it dice!!??

Exactly .. you got played last night. :D
  • HardAimedKid

Played last night.

Oh no I did the playing last night. I don't think I missed a shot the whole night. Got hatemail, won every match except one. Was nice. I guess generally we don't lose more than a match in a night though lol
  • Rev0verDrive

Played last night.

Oh no I did the playing last night. I don't think I missed a shot the whole night. Got hatemail, won every match except one. Was nice. I guess generally we don't lose more than a match in a night though lol

hahhaha. I did alright for a rank 5 - 9 in 37 minutes or so, positive kd, flags capped etc.
  • HardAimedKid

Played last night.

hahhaha. I did alright for a rank 5 - 9 in 37 minutes or so, positive kd, flags capped etc.

Is that all you've played??
  • dbibby1988
    421 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Is anybody getting 1 bar signal on each server tonight? It was working fine for me around 5 hours ago. Now I cant find a game?
  • Rev0verDrive

Played last night.

yup, that's it. beyond the beta.
  • xenome111
    3064 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member

Played last night.

Lol I joined him too.
    I was playing with a ping of 298 ping got 1.32 kd .It was glorious.Took out tanks using crossbow.
  • Rev0verDrive
    edited June 2017
    xenome111 wrote:
    Lol I joined him too.
    I was playing with a ping of 298 ping got 1.32 kd .It was glorious.Took out tanks using crossbow.

Joined on you in the Dom round prior to that. Testing the lmg leading (242ms ping). Leading is dead on at that ping. Took a whole hot 1-2 shots to find the spot on a full sprint soldier at 20/25m perpendicular.

Sidenote Lewis gun is poopoo. Nice spread decrease when 3-4 round burst. First shot is always dead on when you burst. hs multiplier is way too low.
  • Ram1c
    4167 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    xenome111 wrote:
    Lol I joined him too.

Joined on you in the Dom round prior to that. Testing the lmg leading (242ms ping). Leading is dead on at that ping. Took a whole hot 1-2 shots to find the spot on a full sprint soldier at 20/25m perpendicular.

Sidenote Lewis gun is poopoo. Nice spread decrease when 3-4 round burst. First shot is always dead on when you burst. hs multiplier is way too low.

Use the optical rev, don't burst go full auto it's beast.
  • Rev0verDrive
    edited June 2017
    Ram1c wrote: »
    xenome111 wrote:
    Lol I joined him too.

Yeah I'm aware of the full auto needed for lmg's. Just wanted to test a few things. Last night on Sinai (20ms ping) I was bursting dudes. HS first shot every time if I allowed the decrease to lower spread. It took 4+ hs to drop a fool at roughly 25m. It was sad sad sad. All he had showing was his prone head. Burp tink, Burp tink, Burp tink, Burp tink

Oh and I have crap for unlocks.
  • Ram1c
    4167 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Ram1c wrote: »
    xenome111 wrote:
    Lol I joined him too.

Yeah I'm aware of the full auto needed for lmg's. Just wanted to test a few things. Last night on Sinai (20ms ping) I was bursting dudes. HS first shot every time if I allowed the decrease to lower spread. It took 4+ hs to drop a fool at roughly 25m. It was sad sad sad. All he had showing was his prone head. Burp tink, Burp tink, Burp tink, Burp tink

Oh and I have crap for unlocks.

It has a low long range damage, but it's pretty accurate and has that 47 round clip with no cooldown. You need to spam away brother, it's a beast for me.
  • misisipiRivrRat
    1004 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Thanks for this post Rev. Your knowledge here and in the hit detection post has helped me very much.
    I get up around 4 am for work and by the end of the day working out/walking the dog etc, I'm usually too tired to play so instead I'm up very early Saturday morning to play. Thing is the servers are usually filled with very high ping players and then weird things happen. But when the server has just one or two of these high ping players the gameplay seems much better for the most part. Why ?
  • xenome111
    3064 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    xenome111 wrote:
    Lol I joined him too.

I used the huot for that case only. ;)
    I could have used al 8.35 but I lost my mojo after 2 months of rest and this leading thing changing my muscle memory and adapting and again now I'm adapting feelsbadman. :|