Ping, Latency, Jitter ...

1235»

Comments

• MayorMarionBarry
    2045 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    Game is feeling a bit more solid, now.
  • 68Keif
    4628 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member

Not for me. It's on my end though.
  • rock1obsta
    3819 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    MrUpvote wrote: »

Dude, whats with the jailcell over your pic? I've seen these and the circle with the slash through it as well.
  • AmericanBadAzz23
    419 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    rock1obsta wrote: »

Dude, whats with the jailcell over your pic? I've seen these and the circle with the slash through it as well.

Curious as well
  • TEKNOCODE
    11592 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member

Curious as well

Jail = warning
    Red circle with slash = banned
  • 68Keif
    4628 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    TEKNOCODE wrote: »

Curious as well

Jail = warning

Yep. I was bad :p
  • AmericanBadAzz23
    419 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited June 2017

Curious as well

Jail = warning

Oh, I kinda thought it had something to with being punished. Thanks for clearing it up though Tekno
    +1

Curious as well

Jail = warning

Yep. I was bad :p

Well then, git gud?
  • Rev0verDrive
    6761 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Thanks for this post Rev. Your knowledge here and in the hit detection post has helped me very much.
    I get up around 4 am for work and by the end of the day working out/walking the dog etc, I'm usually too tired to play so instead I'm up very early Saturday morning to play. Thing is the servers are usually filled with very high ping players and then weird things happen. But when the server has just one or two of these high ping players the gameplay seems much better for the most part. Why ?

Less buffering/offsetting for high ping variance. Less occurrences of running into and rendering really old data. Also the server will set "dummy" positions for really latent players. It does this via extrapolation. Which is more calculations than simply interpolating a steady stream of low ping player positions. Less HP's == less extrapolation.

Read this comment by the dev: https://forums.battlefield.com/en-us/discussion/comment/739158/#Comment_739158
    Then ready my follow up reply that clarifies what he said.

Further clarification/walkthrough: https://forums.battlefield.com/en-us/discussion/comment/865488/#Comment_865488
  • rock1obsta
    3819 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member

Curious as well

Jail = warning

Thanks, man. :p