Getting AT mine kills for Hellriegel Defensive

thesmoothone1
73 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
Hey guys,
I'm going to start that grind process for the Hellriegel Defensive, but was wondering what the best way is to get AT mine kills. I have two of those kills so far, but was trying to figure an easy way to get those 25 kills.

Comments

• Michael_Seaman
    461 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    Sneak over to where the enemy spawns and place them along routes where vehicles come from as they spawn. You will have it in no time.
  • Mishkin37
    355 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    I like to clump them together (3 in the same square foot if possible). This ensures that I will get the kill rather than a disable. I play Conquest and can usually get a few AT kills per match. Obviously high traffic areas are best. Question...if you kill 3 on the same mine, does it count as 1 kill or 3 toward the requirement?

- Sinai (behind train car at D)
    - Empire's Edge (between C and D; road in front of E)
    - FAO Fortress (road near A)
    - Ballroom Blitz (big open area leading from A to D; between buildings at A)
    - Mount Grappa (road leading from C to E; at the entrance to the tunnel on either side of C on the cement strips)
    - Suez (in front of D)
    - Amiens (just before the bridges at C or D)
    - St. Quentin (road leading from D to E)
    - can't remember 9th base map

Happy Mining!
  • thesmoothone1
    73 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    Mishkin37 wrote: »
    I like to clump them together (3 in the same square foot if possible). This ensures that I will get the kill rather than a disable. I play Conquest and can usually get a few AT kills per match. Obviously high traffic areas are best. Question...if you kill 3 on the same mine, does it count as 1 kill or 3 toward the requirement?

- Mount Grappa (road leading from C to E; at the entrance to the tunnel on either side of C on the cement strips)
    - Suez (in front of D)

Happy Mining!

Awesome! Thanks a lot. I'll work on that tonight. Do you have the defensive unlocked?
  • oof14346
    947 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member

- Suez (in front of D)

Happy Mining!

2 is enough to take out the heavy vehicles. Just place them on narrow oft traversed roads. If you get lucky, you'll hit a full tank or two.
  • Mishkin37
    355 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member

- Suez (in front of D)

Happy Mining!

Awesome! Thanks a lot. I'll work on that tonight. Do you have the defensive unlocked?

I haven't unlocked the defensive. I've been very neglectful about unlocking the new weapons. I have a couple, but if the requirements seem unnatural or inorganic - get a billion headshots w/ a field gun - I avoid them. However, blowing up armor with ATs and limpets is probably the most satisfying thing in the game.
  • freakyfoy
    177 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    Too tips so far.
    You may find it quicker to do a suicide attack on them. run up to a tank and place the mines next to it. Then shoot them. Boom. Yipee ki ay muther fudger!!!
    Tank down. AT kills. You respawn instantly with full ammo and ready for the next tank. This can all be done in about 30 seconds tops with a little practice.

If you dont wanna die run away after planting mines and throw a frag at the tank.
  • iano1978
    556 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha Member
    freakyfoy wrote: »
    Too tips so far.
    You may find it quicker to do a suicide attack on them. run up to a tank and place the mines next to it. Then shoot them. Boom. Yipee ki ay muther fudger!!!
    Tank down. AT kills. You respawn instantly with full ammo and ready for the next tank. This can all be done in about 30 seconds tops with a little practice.

If you dont wanna die run away after planting mines and throw a frag at the tank.

Or just use mines as intended...
  • CosmicStriker
    519 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    just keep using them and place them around flags or rush objectives on vehicle maps , and you will get it.
  • DARKAGES7
    8 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    freakyfoy wrote: »
    Too tips so far.

If you use this method it won't count as a AT kill. It will register as the weapon you use to set off the mine.
  • DragonLover926
    32 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    The mines work on any vehicle, including horses/cavalry. Any mine kill will count, it doesn't have to only be armor. :-)
  • k1llermosquito
    223 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    Just try and bait a tank around a corner, drop your mines and pop around the corner throw a nade and nine times out of ten the guy will go after you.

Try and get them coming out of the spawn, Amiens is perfect for this technique.

On Giants Shadow the D flag is a great spot for mines and you can sometimes catch a fully loaded tank rolling up to cap that flag.

Just keep grinding it, and lay your mines in heavy traffic areas, if you've played for awhile you'll know what im talking about.
  • GraysonD1996
    4 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    Anybody wanna boost on xbox?
  • Contra87
    638 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member

No thanks. I’m not taking 25 deaths just so there’s one more HR out there. Plus, boosting is against forum rules.
  • NauticalTrackin
    144 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    edited June 13
    I did mine before Dice changed the distance on which you could place your mines from each other. It was a lot easier then. Just try to place your mines in high vehicle traffic areas and you should get them eventually
  • ElliotLH
    3191 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member

If you keep posting this on threads then you might end up getting banned. Just a friendly warning.
  • dmccar1001
    391 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha Member
    Necro to ask for a boost ... pathetic. Just play the game ... it is not that hard.
  • oXGeminiXo
    7 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    If you get people coming after you on a horse just lay them down in front of you and the horse will trip it automatically killing the enemy. I am glad i did grind that out because the joy of blowing up tanks in that style became a rush.