Weekly Debrief

YouTubers need to stop crying...

Comments

• V2Face
    2664 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    ...or we won't have a game left.
    Nerfing the crap out of bayonet charges now, another fun element gone. Cue whiny U-Tuber "he got me with a bayonet from up close wah-wah-wah"...
    Cried about grenades (watch some prominent U-Tuber's videos, they don't see the irony of throwing grenade after grenade themselves & then boo-hoo-hooing that their mega+ kill streak is ended by "grenade spam") - Dice run around & change them.
    Murmurs that another U-Tuber doesn't like sentries in TDM / Dom, even though he doesn't play those modes, & makes inaccurate assessments of "medic trains" keeping the sentry alive (doesn't happen) - so thinks they should be taken out.
    A few blokes on U-Tube should not have so much influence over the game, Dice should stop sucking up to them.

Bayonet charges are cheap and should have never been in the game. Grenades are strong and cheap with little skill. Players would camp sentries and go on ridiculous streaks.
  • Temp1st
    2464 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    V2Face wrote: »
    Nerfing the crap out of bayonet charges now, another fun element gone. Cue whiny U-Tuber "he got me with a bayonet from up close wah-wah-wah"...
    Cried about grenades (watch some prominent U-Tuber's videos, they don't see the irony of throwing grenade after grenade themselves & then boo-hoo-hooing that their mega+ kill streak is ended by "grenade spam") - Dice run around & change them.
    Murmurs that another U-Tuber doesn't like sentries in TDM / Dom, even though he doesn't play those modes, & makes inaccurate assessments of "medic trains" keeping the sentry alive (doesn't happen) - so thinks they should be taken out.
    A few blokes on U-Tube should not have so much influence over the game, Dice should stop sucking up to them.

Bayonet charges are cheap and should have never been in the game. Grenades are strong and cheap with little skill. Players would camp sentries and go on ridiculous streaks.

Villar Perosa B camp on CQ Monte Grappa :P
  • defcon_hostile
    489 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member

Bayonet charges are cheap and should have never been in the game. [personally find them hilarious] Grenades are strong and cheap with little skill. [to reiterate: they don't see the irony of throwing grenade after grenade then their mega+ kill streak is ended by "grenade spam"] Players would camp sentries and go on ridiculous streaks.[in TDM it becomes a sub-objective to either get one of the squad in a sentry kit, or neutralize theirs. Don't need taking out of TDM because a guy who plays conquest thinks "it's not fair"! Cue different video of same guy going ham... in a sentry kit..!]

Thanks for the response, I do appreciate your views.
  • disposalist
    8670 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha Member
    YouTubers are also easy targets for everyone to analyse and criticise. But compared to 'the average gamer' or forum moaner, they put hours into the games, they put thought into their analyses, they put effort into their presentations.

Try it if you think it's easy.

Sure, YouTubers may have an axe to grind and subs to justify, They even sometimes have views that polarise, so can't possibly represent everyone's best interests. Guess what? They are people and have opinions! But you really think they are less well placed than a 'dedicated gamer'? Those guys *are* dedicated gamers and prove it every time they produce a vid.

People love to knock everything these days...

Those YouTubers *are* gamers. You may as well news presenters don't know anything about current affairs. They know a load more than the average guy ranting at the TV.

Who is ranting? Discussion forum & discussion this is.
    No intention to "target & criticise", but to highlight that they are not always right - they do however have disproportionate influence, & often use tricks of the trade to stimulate views & massage egos.
    Just noticed that you have a YouTube channel, & may have taken offense. My apologies if that is the case; my point is that when someone speaks with authority on a subject, especially from a position of influence, that view becomes de facto, & the uninitiated take their word as gospel.
    Nah, not taking offense - my 14 subscribers don't put me on a par with "The" YouTubers that bother some. I just guess having done some vids I appreciate how much effort it is - and mine aren't as pro as JackFrags, LevelCap, Westie, etc. - people don't do that stuff if they don't have knowledge in the subject matter.

Sure they have influence, but it's handed to them by their audiences who are the gamers playing the games. Who else *should* have influence?

You may not like a particular viewpoint, but they generally know the subject matter (and even have 'inside' information) a whole lot more than people who come to these forums.
  • KermitJ
    388 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    YouTubers are in a much better position than 99.99% of other 'customers' to comment on game issues. They generally have a wide experience with the game in question and similar games in the genre, either way: -
    a) I don't believe DICE do make decisions based on YouTubers.
    b) They should have a load more influence than random forum posters.

Sorry OP picking the nerf of bayonets as an example for YouTubers being 'wrong' is a damned bad idea. Bayonet charge has never worked as intended. It's a great fun mechanic and still will be once you can't do instant 90-degree turns and get into a charge after 0.05 seconds.

I disagree. Those people get paid for doing the most polemic video, and for that, for that money, they are more than willing to cry about anything.

Why would they have more influence than any of us here? We are all players and customers.
    That's like saying that the vote of Brad Pitt is worth more than mine.

And, finally, saying that they have a wide experience in this game and others isn't necessarily true. According to battlefieldtracker, one known youtuber has played 4 days. Even I have played more, so in theory I have more experience than him.

The fact that they "seem" to have experience on the game is simply because they are eager to find some little thing to cry about and post it on a video, and because they (sadly) receive information before the rest of us do so they can make some publicity on their channel.
    Like I said: anything for the sweet views/money.
    Most of the times they don't even bother and just repeat what some other youtuber said... so once you see one, you've seen them all.

(Oh boy, I could go on and on about this topic).

Realistically Brad Pitt's vote could actually encourage others to his side. See here im making a sorta analogy
  • defcon_hostile
    489 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    @disposalist 15 subscribers
  • V2Face
    2664 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member

Bayonet charges are cheap and should have never been in the game. [personally find them hilarious] Grenades are strong and cheap with little skill. [to reiterate: they don't see the irony of throwing grenade after grenade then their mega+ kill streak is ended by "grenade spam"] Players would camp sentries and go on ridiculous streaks.[in TDM it becomes a sub-objective to either get one of the squad in a sentry kit, or neutralize theirs. Don't need taking out of TDM because a guy who plays conquest thinks "it's not fair"! Cue different video of same guy going ham... in a sentry kit..!]

Thanks for the response, I do appreciate your views.

I hardly play conquest nice try tho. I play all modes also alot of TDM, I know how strong they are I never said I struggled taking them out. They do not belong in TDM simple as that. Grenades were an issue before the patch they are in a good place now so fall back.
  • defcon_hostile

I hardly play conquest nice try tho.

I didn't mean you. I was talking about a video by a well known YouTuber, I respect your views, no need to throw a faceful of salt.

• V2Face

I hardly play conquest nice try tho.

I didn't mean you. I was talking about a video by a well known YouTuber, I respect your views, no need to throw a faceful of salt.

My bad
  • defcon_hostile
    @V2Face no worries, it's easy to get the wrong end of the stick over the wwweb !
  • defcon_hostile
    Hey thanks ;) But now I feel under real pressure to produce!

No pressure mate, plenty to look through... Looks good :)
  • nefariouscheat
    557 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    I like watching Westie, LevelCap or JackFrags sometimes. They can give decent feedbacks on some weapons and maps... how to use some weapons, like the Chauchat. It's my favorite weapon now in the game.
  • bran1986
    5756 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    edited May 2017

I'm a subscriber :) I even revived you the other day and then you left :(
  • Dogwoggle11
    2669 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    KermitJ wrote: »
    YouTubers are in a much better position than 99.99% of other 'customers' to comment on game issues. They generally have a wide experience with the game in question and similar games in the genre, either way: -
    a) I don't believe DICE do make decisions based on YouTubers.
    b) They should have a load more influence than random forum posters.

Sorry OP picking the nerf of bayonets as an example for YouTubers being 'wrong' is a damned bad idea. Bayonet charge has never worked as intended. It's a great fun mechanic and still will be once you can't do instant 90-degree turns and get into a charge after 0.05 seconds.

I disagree. Those people get paid for doing the most polemic video, and for that, for that money, they are more than willing to cry about anything.

Why would they have more influence than any of us here? We are all players and customers.
    That's like saying that the vote of Brad Pitt is worth more than mine.

And, finally, saying that they have a wide experience in this game and others isn't necessarily true. According to battlefieldtracker, one known youtuber has played 4 days. Even I have played more, so in theory I have more experience than him.

The fact that they "seem" to have experience on the game is simply because they are eager to find some little thing to cry about and post it on a video, and because they (sadly) receive information before the rest of us do so they can make some publicity on their channel.
    Like I said: anything for the sweet views/money.
    Most of the times they don't even bother and just repeat what some other youtuber said... so once you see one, you've seen them all.

(Oh boy, I could go on and on about this topic).

Realistically Brad Pitt's vote could actually encourage others to his side. See here im making a sorta analogy

That can be true.
    But I think that doesn't make his opinions worth more than mine (as it happens with youtubers), he just has more people to back them up, leading to more "influence"... But HIS personal opinion is the same as my own.
  • disposalist
    8670 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha Member
    bran1986 wrote: »

I'm a subscriber :) I even revived you the other day and then you left :(
    *hug* Sorry, dude. Probably had to go edit a vid ;)
  • Loqtrall
    12031 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member

Literally all the things that you insisted shouldn't have been changed were absolutely horrible aspects of the game, and people on here complained about them as well, not "just youtubers".

Bayonet charging from close range is a CHEAP COP-OUT MOVE. It's for people that know they can't win a gunfight, it's like a more extravagant form of panic-knifing in Call of Duty (and look what they did in Infinite Warfare, they removed the ability to panic knife).

Grenades regenerating automatically was super stupid. That's some kiddy SWBF BS. There's no point in requesting ammo from a Support (the support class' JOB in this game) to get more ordinance when yours was just magically regenerating in your pocket.

It was the MAIN cause of nade spam, and that has been decreased tenfold since grenade regeneration was removed (rightfully so, regenerating ammo shouldn't be a thing in this game when it comes to infantry, we have a * support class)

Lastly - Medic trains on Sentry in TDM (which I DO play with a group of guys on this very forum), DO happen. Insisting it doesn't happen is incredibly foolish of you.

Not only a few days ago did I play a match of TDM against a platoon who had TWO medics following around the Sentry on Sinai - but I play Medic in our squad and I run around healing the sentry when my buddies pick it up ALL THE TIME.

It, just like the CQB no-wind-up bayonet charge, is a COP-OUT FEATURE in a small game mode like that. Even a half-competent monkey could do well in TDM if they pick up the sentry kit, WITHOUT a medic following them around.

I'm still a CQL fanboy, and I only play TDM when I play with my friends on here - but I've played it enough to know that on the small versions of maps, the Sentry pickups are outright BROKEN in the hands of anyone that has half a brain. You don't even NEED a medic to follow you around - you can sit in a corner for 30 seconds and your health will start regenerating on it's own.
  • crabman169
    12845 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Loqtrall wrote: »

Literally all the things that you insisted shouldn't have been changed were absolutely horrible aspects of the game, and people on here complained about them as well, not "just youtubers".

Bayonet charging from close range is a CHEAP COP-OUT MOVE. It's for people that know they can't win a gunfight, it's like a more extravagant form of panic-knifing in Call of Duty (and look what they did in Infinite Warfare, they removed the ability to panic knife).

Grenades regenerating automatically was super stupid. That's some kiddy SWBF BS. There's no point in requesting ammo from a Support (the support class' JOB in this game) to get more ordinance when yours was just magically regenerating in your pocket.

It was the MAIN cause of nade spam, and that has been decreased tenfold since grenade regeneration was removed (rightfully so, regenerating ammo shouldn't be a thing in this game when it comes to infantry, we have a * support class)

Lastly - Medic trains on Sentry in TDM (which I DO play with a group of guys on this very forum), DO happen. Insisting it doesn't happen is incredibly foolish of you.

Not only a few days ago did I play a match of TDM against a platoon who had TWO medics following around the Sentry on Sinai - but I play Medic in our squad and I run around healing the sentry when my buddies pick it up ALL THE TIME.

It, just like the CQB no-wind-up bayonet charge, is a COP-OUT FEATURE in a small game mode like that. Even a half-competent monkey could do well in TDM if they pick up the sentry kit, WITHOUT a medic following them around.

I'm still a CQL fanboy, and I only play TDM when I play with my friends on here - but I've played it enough to know that on the small versions of maps, the Sentry pickups are outright BROKEN in the hands of anyone that has half a brain. You don't even NEED a medic to follow you around - you can sit in a corner for 30 seconds and your health will start regenerating on it's own.

*2 minutes ;)
  • defcon_hostile
    Loqtrall wrote: »

Yes @Loqtrall, see my response earlier - I picked bad examples, & insisting? No, I am trying to make a point.
    Wondered how long until your next book (I jest, your opinions most welcome), there is a danger that anything remotely fun is at risk of having a video made about it, leading questions asked ("I think so & so is a terrible idea {although I never play it} don't you subscribers? Leave your comments blah blah") & thus shape popular opinion, resulting in more changes.

What I said earlier, grenades now are how imho they should have been from day 1, ok? It was an example. But watch some of the videos complaining & you will see the complainant...

...throwing grenade after grenade themselves (at nothing) then crying when their mega+ kill streak is ended by "grenade spam".

Can you now see my point?

Quote: Not only a few days ago did I play a match of TDM against a platoon who had TWO medics following around the Sentry on Sinai - but I play Medic in our squad and I run around healing the sentry when my buddies pick it up ALL THE TIME. Good for you mate, why shouldn't people go ham once in a while with a bit of support. You are the one in ten. All bunched up like that should be easy for the other team to find..!

Look at it another way. On conquest maybe 6/64 guys/game grab a sentry & go on a spree. In TDM maybe 1 or 2/24. Good for them. It's fun being the sentry, blowing 'em up or supporting 'em. (That word again: Fun. Do I need to get a sense of humour bypass to play or what?) After 6months removing them from some game modes sucks.

Bayonets are so random, I happen to like them. Comical. Get killed about 3times per 4hr session, big deal. It is also one of the key methods of taking sentries out ! How bayonet charges on console can be describes as OP is beyond me.

Back to the main point, some of us don't want all the fun sucked out of the game. That is my opinion, everyone is entitled to theirs, & the more videos that go up, sometimes tinged with hypocrisy, leading their followers to a specific conclusion, the less fun we will be having on the Battlefield, Soldier.