Weekly Debrief

YouTubers need to stop crying...

Comments

• theONEFORCE
    2843 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    The bayonet charge being fixed is an awesome move. If they fix spawning on dead teammates next the game would be near perfect. Those are two most annoying deaths in the game.
  • defcon_hostile
    489 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    edited May 2017
    @theONEFORCE If they fix spawning on dead teammates next the game would be near perfect. Couldn't agree more, that & straight on top of enemies.
  • Sixclicks
    5075 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited May 2017
    1. Since when was bayonet charge ever a fun mechanic? Especially from a standing position 5 feet away? There's absolutely zero reason it should have ever had any damage reduction as well.

2. Grenade spam was a legitimate problem. Use your gun.

3. Sentry healing trains do exist in TDM/DOM. It's my primary game mode, and I always follow sentries around healing them when I play medic. And I see enemy medics do the same all the time for their own sentries. That said, I don't think anything regarding the sentry or healing them needs to change. It works exactly how it should work. A sentry and medic team is a force to be reckoned with. If someone doesn't like that, then just get to the sentry kit first. Not like it's difficult to kill a sentry anyways.... knife to the back, bayonet charge, gas grenade, concentrated fire from a few teammates, AT rockets, etc.

Honestly, I don't think the YouTubers really have that much direct influence on DICE. They do however have a lot of influence on their followers. Which then turns into all of their followers flooding the various forums for these games complaining about the same "issues" that the YouTubers bring up.
  • defcon_hostile
    489 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    @Sixclicks hi
    1) I will figure out how to post videos & show you...!
    2) Yes I agree, should have been *now* at launch. (The point was a guy moaning about grenade spam whilst spamming grenades all over the place)
    3) Strangely enough you do see more medics helping out the sentry in TDM now. There was a time when your sentry could be bashing your medics round the face & they still wouldn't give him a band aid!
  • nefariouscheat
    557 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    I see much people are offended about the Charge mechanic. So funny. :P
  • Truffleshuffle03
    2267 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    The bayonet charge being fixed is an awesome move. If they fix spawning on dead teammates next the game would be near perfect. Those are two most annoying deaths in the game.
    I would not say near perfect but sure would be going in the right direction.
  • TamKingski
    1743 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Netranger9 wrote: »
    ...or we won't have a game left.
    Nerfing the crap out of bayonet charges now, another fun element gone. Cue whiny U-Tuber "he got me with a bayonet from up close wah-wah-wah"...
    Cried about grenades (watch some prominent U-Tuber's videos, they don't see the irony of throwing grenade after grenade themselves & then boo-hoo-hooing that their mega+ kill streak is ended by "grenade spam") - Dice run around & change them.
    Murmurs that another U-Tuber doesn't like sentries in TDM / Dom, even though he doesn't play those modes, & makes inaccurate assessments of "medic trains" keeping the sentry alive (doesn't happen) - so thinks they should be taken out.
    A few blokes on U-Tube should not have so much influence over the game, Dice should stop sucking up to them.

Getting bayonet charged when there is enough time to empty a whole clip into the scrub is not fun at all.It wouldn't be so bad if you could counter it,but as it is now it is extremely frustrating.

Its even worse when your getting a bayonet from an invisible player that makes no sound. Basically a battlefield ninja -_-

• theONEFORCE
    2843 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    I would not say near perfect but sure would be going in the right direction.

I started playing video games on the NES. This game is the kind of thing I would have sawed my leg off for as a kid. My threshold for near perfect isn't probably as high or as unrealistic as some people's may be.
  • defcon_hostile
    TamKingski wrote: »

Its even worse when your getting a bayonet from an invisible player that makes no sound. Basically a battlefield ninja -_-

Wasn't a bayonet, it was melee from a trench knife... Did seem to be invisible tho, different issue man.
  • TamKingski
    1743 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    edited May 2017
    TamKingski wrote: »

Wasn't a bayonet, it was melee from a trench knife... Did seem to be invisible tho, different issue man.

If you look closely in the video,(20 sec mark)to my immediate left you will see my team mate drop dead from an invisible/soundless bayonet charge followed immediately by me getting knifed by that same invisible player.
  • defcon_hostile
    I started playing video games on the NES. This game is the kind of thing I would have sawed my leg off for as a kid.

Photo-realistic urban shooter with NVG's that make that ping noise... If I start sawing now...
  • defcon_hostile
    @TamKingski will watch back on a bigger screen... Couldn't see what killed your mate on me phone.
  • TamKingski
    @TamKingski will watch back on a bigger screen... Couldn't see what killed your mate on me phone.

Its all gd buddy.
  • APBT
    842 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    That guy Level cap is starting to P me off.

Complains about grenades, but is always throwing with like 17 stars on the grenades he complains about.
    Talking about hypocrisy.
  • defcon_hostile
    APBT wrote: »

Complains about grenades, but is always throwing with like 17 stars on the grenades he complains about.
    Talking about hypocrisy.

Exactly ! I am so glad somebody else has noticed. Throws grenades all over the place, 1 in 4 might hit something. Spams then complains about spamming.

• APBT
    842 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    edited May 2017

Talking about hypocrisy.

Exactly ! I am so glad somebody else has noticed. Throws grenades all over the place, 1 in 4 might hit something. Spams then complains about spamming.

Just watched a new video of him with the Scoped Martiny Henry variant and he's going for bayonet charges and complains while playing it off as he goes on a montage.

He can't help it.
    But I will say his videos do show legitimate arguments for the most part.
    Post edited by APBT on
  • TIG_blane
    420 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha Member
    He does the thing he complains about to show how broken it is.
  • defcon_hostile
    @TIG_blane perhaps, or maybe has his fun & then makes sure no-one else can...!
  • HANSGRUBER30
    3017 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member

Talking about hypocrisy.

Stopped watching his channel, I find his videos to casual for my liking.
  • theONEFORCE
    edited May 2017
    I watched his BF4 throwback video the other day and thought it was the perfect counterpoint to those who say that BF1 is all about hip fire and cheap kills. This video is filled with hip fire and rocket kills in a game that is as pure as the driven snow to some elitists. I wonder if he can see the irony that he is doing all the things in BF4 that he complains about in BF1.