This Week in Battlefield V

YouTubers need to stop crying...

Comments

• Dogwoggle11
    2669 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    I watched his BF4 throwback video the other day and thought it was the perfect counterpoint to those who say that BF1 is all about hip fire and cheap kills. This video is filled with hip fire and rocket kills in a game that is as pure as the driven snow to some elitists. I wonder if he can see the irony that he is doing all the things in BF4 that he complains about in BF1.

Well, anything for the views.

To me, it is quite disgusting, to be honest.
  • EvilSoul1321
    344 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    I've stopped watching Levelcap videos now i mostly just watch jack frags, westie an DannyonPC. Danny's videos are mostly just game play about 2-3 minutes long.
  • defcon_hostile
    489 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    I watched his BF4 throwback video the other day and thought it was the perfect counterpoint to those who say that BF1 is all about hip fire and cheap kills. This video is filled with hip fire and rocket kills in a game that is as pure as the driven snow to some elitists. I wonder if he can see the irony that he is doing all the things in BF4 that he complains about in BF1.

LoL I am still surprised how much of a *thing* hipfire is in BF... I rarely hipfire, always ADSing, a lot of the time to my detriment. Even weapons with poor hipfire stats mow you down quicker than you can aim down sights & shoot, Lewis gun being a typical example. Guys carrying that thing never even seem to stop running let alone aim!
    It kind of undermines the elitist crowd moaning about "casual" or "cod" players when you can't really get more arcade than somewhere near the crosshairs hipfire !
    Same with follow up shots with pistols, hardly ever see the guy aim. Pow pow from the hip.
    Call of Duty Ghosts, quickdraw, stalker & ready up, banging ADS setup, shame only 2k people now play it... If WW2 has the same perk system I am going to have to clone myself...

• theONEFORCE
    2843 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    edited May 2017

LoL I am still surprised how much of a *thing* hipfire is in BF... I rarely hipfire, always ADSing, a lot of the time to my detriment. Even weapons with poor hipfire stats mow you down quicker than you can aim down sights & shoot, Lewis gun being a typical example. Guys carrying that thing never even seem to stop running let alone aim!
    It kind of undermines the elitist crowd moaning about "casual" or "cod" players when you can't really get more arcade than somewhere near the crosshairs hipfire !
    Same with follow up shots with pistols, hardly ever see the guy aim. Pow pow from the hip.
    Call of Duty Ghosts, quickdraw, stalker & ready up, banging ADS setup, shame only 2k people now play it... If WW2 has the same perk system I am going to have to clone myself...

I learned to play BF ADS only and I lost a lot of gunfights in CQC until I learned to Hipfire. Now I use both methods in gunfights, sometimes switching mid fight and they are both valid ways to engage enemies. If I gave up one or the other it would drastically hurt my game play.
  • HANSGRUBER30
    3017 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member

Well, anything for the views.

To me, it is quite disgusting, to be honest.

I'm not going to watch it, it's just a click bait title so he gets the views. Remember when BF1 first came out he was saying about how the weapon variants work better in BATTLEFIELD 1 than the BATTLEFIELD 4 weapon attachment system because people didn't understand what attachments to put on their guns and ended up making them worse because we couldn't be trusted in knowing what to put on our own guns. Now BATTLEFIELD 1 is casual because there aren't multiple handgrips. Just one of his many inconsistent statements about the game.
  • Whathemonk
    9 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    Why shouldn't youtubers complain? This game is an embarrassment to the BF series..
  • disposalist
    8605 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha Member
    Hipfire in BF1 is now an actually tactic IMHO. It's not "abused" because it works with certain weapons in certain situations only. Put yourself in the right situation for any weapon and it beats the others. Hipfire is just another tool in the nicely bulging BF1 bag.
  • AllOutWar76
    2607 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    Whathemonk wrote: »
    Why shouldn't youtubers complain? This game is an embarrassment to the BF series..

Because most (not all) of their complaints are an embarrassment to the community. 80% of what they cry about could be solved with a nice big ol' can of git gud.
  • Dogwoggle11
    2669 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member

Gr8 b8 m8
  • von_Campenstein
    6568 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    Most if not all are legit complaints, there is plenty of room for improvement.
  • HANSGRUBER30
    3017 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    edited May 2017

Because most (not all) of their complaints are an embarrassment to the community. 80% of what they cry about could be solved with a nice big ol' can of git gud.

Maybe we should get @HardAimedKid to send them a bottle of Get gud scrub body scrub but does it include a no tear formula wouldn't want them to get watery eyes
  • AllOutWar76
    2607 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    robmcewen wrote: »

Maybe we should get @HardAimedKid to send them a bottle of Get gud scrub body scrub but goes it include a no tear formula wouldn't want them to get watery eyes

And some words of wisdom to go along with it:

confucius-say-confucius-say-git-gud-scrub.jpg
  • theONEFORCE
    2843 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Part of the problem with the Youtubers is that the largest ones out there speak for the smallest portion of the game's population. They view everything as a PC gamer and their criticisms fall in line with those of the average PC gamer with a chip on their shoulder. If I were a PC gamer that enjoyed playing BF1 I would be pissed at the hysteria the big youtubers stir that makes that player base flee the game. Its the same thing they did to Hardline.
  • sg2434
    3826 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member

Maybe we should get @HardAimedKid to send them a bottle of Get gud scrub body scrub but does it include a no tear formula wouldn't want them to get watery eyes

There are 2 kinds of git gud scrub on the market, they can choose to their liking.

phj6MpX_d.jpg?maxwidth=640&shape=thumb&fidelity=high

5691895+_fbfeb39fe74da56a699ab069bdde5d72.png

I dont think they deserve the "man sized 8 hour scent system"
  • HardAimedKid
    11386 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    sg2434 wrote: »

There are 2 kinds of git gud scrub on the market, they can choose to their liking.

phj6MpX_d.jpg?maxwidth=640&shape=thumb&fidelity=high

5691895+_fbfeb39fe74da56a699ab069bdde5d72.png

I dont think they deserve the "man sized 8 hour scent system"

Probably not, I guess they get citrus shower gel lol
  • AllOutWar76
    Is the performance series allowed in competitions?
  • HardAimedKid
    11386 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member

Sg said they aren't man enough so I'm guessing no
  • sg2434
    3826 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member

Sg said they aren't man enough so I'm guessing no

They can use a watered down version.
  • bran1986
    5690 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    edited May 2017
    Part of the problem with the Youtubers is that the largest ones out there speak for the smallest portion of the game's population. They view everything as a PC gamer and their criticisms fall in line with those of the average PC gamer with a chip on their shoulder. If I were a PC gamer that enjoyed playing BF1 I would be pissed at the hysteria the big youtubers stir that makes that player base flee the game. Its the same thing they did to Hardline.

Believe me it does **** me off quite a bit. There was a discussion about this on the CTE subreddit. I posted this video of hipfiring in bf4. I really hate the revisionism and selective memory youtubers have and the **** they pass onto their idiot drones.