This Week in Battlefield V

YouTubers need to stop crying...

Comments

• LOLGotYerTags
    13042 postsMember, Moderator, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Moderator
    W33DD0G wrote: »
    Well you're going to get banned again lol

I dont care or i will banned i will speek the true

Well you'll have to speak the "truth" elsewhere.

Since the week away last time hasn't really given you incentive to post productively, without the abuse towards other members of this community, I am now going to issue a month away.

Upon your return, I strongly suggest following the rules otherwise you will be removed on a more permanent basis.

• x_Undaunted_x
    3760 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    Interesting....

funny-picture-1050402159.jpg

Where's the sign for "driving on the wrong side of the road."

:tongue:

Maybe it's England or some other backwards country that drives on the wrong side of the road?

I know... Was just trying to be funny, thus the :tongue:
  • BaconRebellion
    2423 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Interesting....

funny-picture-1050402159.jpg

Where's the sign for "driving on the wrong side of the road."

:tongue:

Maybe it's England or some other backwards country that drives on the wrong side of the road?

I know... Was just trying to be funny, thus the :tongue:

I know. I tried inserting an emoji bit didn't work.
  • Ferdinand_J_Foch
    3365 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    I just recently found this guy called TheRussianBadger he is pretty funny to watch and his videos are not in the slightest seriously whiny try him.

I used to enjoy watching his 20-30 minute videos back in the BC2 and BF3 days, but he changed when BF4 came along. Then, he got even worse when Hardline came out. He has, somewhat, recovered his older personality, but I can't really stand his videos nowadays. His content changing did not irk me, but I'll never forget the way he treated his older subscribers once his 'new' fanbase started rolling in...
  • OrionPherrit
    447 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I've been watching several YTers for this and other games like Battlefront. No question they are experienced & skilled players, and I've learned a lot from them. But it's been my general observation: are they playing on amateur night or something?

Because almost all their opponents fight like keystone kops: mired in molasses movement, abyssmal situational awareness taking hours to notice he's even there, Imperial stormtrooper accuracy (the movie kind, not real players), etc. The YTer picks up a Kolibri/DL18/other relatively weak weapon and proceeds to pwn the battlefield, slaughtering everybody like a wolf unto sheep.

My own experience has been vastly different. The guys I have to fight spot me instantly, possess superhero reflexes & accuracy, and can outdance Michael Jackson in the blaster bossa nova. Unless I can get the drop & take them completely by surprise, I lose more often than I win. :o

So how are they able to find matches with such favorable conditions?
  • Ferdinand_J_Foch
    3365 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    One reason why YouTubers seem to 'dominate' in their videos is because they only show clips/matches where they dominate. They don't often show matches where they have to fight similarly skilled opponents, let alone superior ones.

I, too, seem to come across opponents with lightning reflexes, but sometimes, I find servers where I don't have any real problems. Seriously, if I'm on top of the scoreboard, either my team sucks, or the other team sucks even more!
  • bran1986
    5689 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    edited July 2017
    One reason why YouTubers seem to 'dominate' in their videos is because they only show clips/matches where they dominate. They don't often show matches where they have to fight similarly skilled opponents, let alone superior ones.

I, too, seem to come across opponents with lightning reflexes, but sometimes, I find servers where I don't have any real problems. Seriously, if I'm on top of the scoreboard, either my team sucks, or the other team sucks even more!

I watched a top youtuber the other day get his **** handed to him by the same player 4 or 5 times, this youtuber would have been close to a 1 k/d or would have gone negative if it wasn't for him having a personal medic that would heal him full time or run through hell and back to revive him every time he died, that and he spent a large amount of times afterwards in a tank.
  • crabman169
    12841 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    I just recently found this guy called TheRussianBadger he is pretty funny to watch and his videos are not in the slightest seriously whiny try him.

Serious question; how the fudge how you just found baj :D

~

The Necro guys holy batman

~

I honestly recommend Flakfire (especially since he can pronounce correctly) he cares more about the community then himself regarding the game unlike most other YouTubers

Also @disposalist is worthy checking out I guess ;)

• boutneus
    2463 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    Disposalist? He's a noob, can't watch that dude ;)
  • KorpusDraige
    2330 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited July 2017

Well most YouTubers are only there for entertainment purposes and not often as skilled as some others that play more seriously.

All public matches are mostly easy, sometimes they can add a challenge if it becomes "stacked" by actual teams. But what you're asking with "same skilled matches", that would be scrims for some people and obviously wouldn't fare as good as playing in a standard public game.
  • Ferdinand_J_Foch
    @KorpusDraige

You do have a point there, but I personally think a 'scrim' might be more entertaining to watch than a complete slaughter. However, even the highly skilled and competitive YouTubers tend to upload clips where they are dominating in public servers.
  • KorpusDraige
    2330 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    @KorpusDraige

You do have a point there, but I personally think a 'scrim' might be more entertaining to watch than a complete slaughter. However, even the highly skilled and competitive YouTubers tend to upload clips where they are dominating in public servers.

That's why you upload both types of matches. :p
  • disposalist
    8594 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha Member
    boutneus wrote: »
    Disposalist? He's a noob, can't watch that dude ;)
    He's boring as heck too!
  • disposalist
    8594 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha Member
    crabman169 wrote: »
    Also @disposalist is worthy checking out I guess ;)
    Woah, Crabby! You're in danger of saying something nice about someone there! That was a close thing... Don't ruin your rep! ;)
  • BaconRebellion
    2423 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member

Well watching me die over and over isn't entertaining is it?

The clips I use for my videos aren't always me dominating. Sometimes they are but most of the times they are plays I thought were worthy of sharing. Typically I cut out right before I do die, and usually only have 1-3 clips I like to share per game.
  • venomfrosty
    13 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    kaliyl777 wrote: »
    One should not be harder to kill just because your bayonet charging, it makes no sense.

Actually, the adrenaline that would be released in such a life or death situation would most definitely make you more resilient to pain in IRL. They could at least just decrease torso and limb damage by 10% and increase headshot damage by 5% to make it up. Seriously a guy running straight down at you is a freebie kill from 10m+
  • sg2434
    3826 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    One should not be harder to kill just because your bayonet charging, it makes no sense.

Actually, the adrenaline that would be released in such a life or death situation would most definitely make you more resilient to pain in IRL. They could at least just decrease torso and limb damage by 10% and increase headshot damage by 5% to make it up. Seriously a guy running straight down at you is a freebie kill from 10m+

Yeah, in real life it would make you more "resilient" to pain. It wouldn't turn you into superman. Bullets would still kill you the same, you just wouldn't feel yourself dying.
  • venomfrosty
    13 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    sg2434 wrote: »

Yeah, in real life it would make you more "resilient" to pain. It wouldn't turn you into superman. Bullets would still kill you the same, you just wouldn't feel yourself dying.

Nah man. Adrenaline is a hell of a hormone. It can keep you alive through insane situations. Like in the case of losing a limb.

Thus limbs should take less damage, but vital places in game (such as the head with bonus damage multiplyer) should get a bit more damage. It's a means of balance. Not hyper realistic, but still keeping bayonette charge actually useful. It's already easy as hell to dodge it anyway. There was no need to remove the damage reduction.
  • CostanzaStan
    217 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    The only time I witnessed a Youtuber complaining about something and I totally disagreed was when LvlCap was upset that BF1 rewarded more points for capping bases as opposed to kills. I mean, guy... You always said we need more team play. Now BF1 focuses more on team play and you want only the most skilled players to be rewarded? Encouraging lone wolves? Naaaaaaaaaaaaaa
  • Ram1c
    4167 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    sg2434 wrote: »

Nah man. Adrenaline is a hell of a hormone. It can keep you alive through insane situations. Like in the case of losing a limb.

Thus limbs should take less damage, but vital places in game (such as the head with bonus damage multiplyer) should get a bit more damage. It's a means of balance. Not hyper realistic, but still keeping bayonette charge actually useful. It's already easy as hell to dodge it anyway. There was no need to remove the damage reduction.

I think your getting adrenaline confused with pcp because there is no amount of adrenaline that would keep you standing while having a massive drop in blood pressure or when a bullet penetrates your brain. Essentially with a deep open wound it would make you bleed out faster because your heart starts pumping harder.