Battlefield 5 in 2018? - Time Setting, Infantry Combat & Development (Next Battlefield title) *NEW*

IceManAuz
1 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
What do you want the next Battlefield to be set in? Leave your vote in the thread.

BATTLEFIELD 5 IN 2018! - Time Setting, Infantry Combat & Development (Next Battlefield title) *NEW* -

Comments

• SlenderThePilot
    1 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Member
    Honestly, I would like for it to be set in the not so distant future again. I'm thinking along the lines of 2030, since BF4's story and game timeline was around 2020.

Storywise: Since the end of the campaign in BF4 was left in mystery (i'm saying that due to there being multiple endings depending on what you choose), let's just say that the USS Valkyrie was still afloat and Admiral Chang was gone, and that the main characters went about their ways at the end, and ended up in other places. My idea for the story in BF5 is that after the discovery that Jin Jie was alive, half of the PLA rebel against their Russian allies to restore China to what it was before the political drawbacks. (This is proven on some maps that are CN vs RU in BF4) At some point, other leaders of China who swore to Chang continue with his plans with Russia, setting up the start of a new army (The Pan Asian Coalition, as seen in Final Stand, where during the trailer, it was said that Chinese intel, presumably from the rebel PLA, have driven US forces to the northern parts of Russia) Now, US forces are starting to unravel this latest threat, and fears of mainland invasion is imminent. So the US ultimately continues the fight to stop the PAC from forming. It is now 10 years later, and the second Russo-American war has quieted. Both the Russians and the Americans have been upgrading new war technology (not very futuristic, but still modern in a sense), and they are ready to deploy them should either side fire first. Out of nowhere, a rogue ICBM is launched in the direction of the US, and unfortunately strikes a major city on the west coast. The now outraged Americans launch a counter-assault against the Russians, and find to their surprise, that the Chinese and Russians have now fully restored their secret alliance, under the new leadership of a rage induced president in China, and are faced with a new threat of war and devastation to the world is being undertaken. In an unprecedented move, the EU joins the US face the Russo-Sino adversaries in a war with no possible end. (All of this in summary, this story will serve as a bridge between BF4 and BF2142.)

Gameplay: The same how it was, with new features as usual:
    -Squad specialization to make players feel more cooperative with their fellow squad mates.
    -New perks that will help even out the playing field depending on the situation of the match.
    -A system that will change the layout of the battlefield to keep things interesting and to adapt quickly. (Sort of like Leveloution, but done more than once in one match).

Infantry:
    - Able to spot from farther distances from before.
    - Customization of various weapons, including changes to attachments for the right job.
    - Class perks that maximizes the playing experience and makes it unique to each class.
    - Players will now be able to designate targets with a miniature SOFLAM like device mounted on their uniforms. (They will only be able to lock on to targets if they are idle and not using weapons, sort of like using lenses).

Weapons:
    -Current in-development weapons will be available to use in the game
    -Some current weapons will also be available to select. (Ex. M16A4, QBB-95, AK-12)

Vehicles:
    -Current Tanks with future tech upgrades will still be available. (HT-95 will also be included on some maps)
    -Current Aircraft, with some future prototype ones will also be available. (Ex. F-15SE Silent Eagle, PAK-DA, J-31)
    -Drones can be used as battle upgrades and provide information, such as whereabouts of enemies on minimap, and for the use of close range air strikes.
    - Attack Boats will also be available as before.

Annnddd there you have it. I hope you like my input on this.

• -Antares65z
    484 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha Member
    Modern warfare (today) based in the Middle East, South China Sea and Russia, while using BF1 netcode/graphics.
  • DeadPoolApe
    1 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield Member
    Set it in the same time as BF4!

- Bring back BF3 Close combat maps
    - Create team commander commands, so one can give orders to squad commanders (Make game more of a team play!)
    - Create option during game map reload time, one can vote for (new) commander on new map (to avoid the inexperience one to ruin the game)
    - Remove the nerf one now has against the noobs and remove head shot snap-ins they´r making our controllers suffer...
    - Don´t scale up maps any more (I know, I know BatttleFIELD), but it makes no fun running to the fight 3min in the game, except you´r making 128 players mode :)...
    - Don´t ruin it within some super duper weapons one can pick and than camp with it...
    - Build more setup slots for weapons and vehicles so it won´t be you who will nerf the weapons or the time of usage of last, but the player who will set it up right or wrong, build individual solders so one won´t be able to just copy these setting on his own solder...

• II-Katyusha-II
    1039 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    Necromancy~

@LOLGotYerTags
  • Armenia300062
    2 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Member
    Dude I completely agree with you. Just imagine a 2030-2040 setting in Washington DC, or Kremlin, or Tokyo, Istanbul. It would be amazing. Also it HAS to play like bf3.
  • JustClass52JC
    1 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    EA should do a terrorist edition & have Las Vegas, Newtown, Columbine, paris, Manchester, London, & a NYC 9/11 dirty gov op would be realistic af, concert arenas, using cars & busses as weapons as well as the usual. RIP lost souls in a money hungry society. Instead of the nxt crazy f#ck going 5150 murder spree nuts on the world. Vietnam would be sic dough. Taking of Hamburger Hill
  • spateri1
    124 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    Yeh back to current day. Helicopters, tanks and naval battles had made it such a dynamic game. Bring back generic weapons like rfb and carbines, no more of this class based selections.

Urban warfare would be great set in the us and nth korea or russia, china etc.

Bring back squad perks like bf4 had.

Bring back customization and proper battlepacks. Just skins and squad xp boost are rubbish.

Bring back 4 server settings. Core, hardcore, air and naval and custom. Custom settings should all come up in the same list then we can pick a server we like. You gutted hardcore and made it so hard to find servers that we customised to our liking nobody plays them. Bring back cqst small, infantry focused maps.

No more dlc maps, it clearly divides and conquers server numbers. Extra weapons, skins and xp boosts for those that want to pay, grinding for those that don't.

Watch your server numbers STAY full for some time.

I will write an angry post with big words should my input be ignored.
  • spateri1
    124 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    Maybe have a casual mode too. Snipers, prone lmg's and shotguns for all those folk. Maybe increase hp so they can turn around and empty 3/4 of a clip into each other.
  • GREEN_CAVEMAN
    3 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    What really got me into the Battlefield Franchise and away from call of duty was the realism. BF3 and Bf4 are great games I think if they just build off of that BF5 will be great. Modern time and super realistic with huge maps. I think the thing I would like to see most about BF5 is a game mode with 100 people. I hope BF5 becomes a service to it’s players and never stops updating and keeps coming out with new content.
  • ZeRg-XT
    1 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    I like if you want to create a Modern warfare Battlefield 5 , because battlefield 1 is a small **** , no have adrenaline, no nothing only with old weapons where no can shooting. Battlefield 5 i like to be with modern weapons, cars, artificial inteligence robots, and more high tech weapons in the game. I like if you can make servers with 100 vs 100 players on a huge map . 32 vs 32 is a old servers and i think you need to evolve with this servers with more players on servers for much funn in gameplay , if no can 100 vs 100 you ca do with 64 vs 64 players on server. Create a logical multiplayer capture flag with colored teritory captured same as( civilation 5) when capture a teritory you can see on the map how much is captured . Create city with small house where can bomb all howse, snipers location for hunt players , and much more features for funn. And please dont create again battlefield 1 or battlefield word war 2 because is a disaster. I waiting battlefield 5 2018 or 2019.
  • spateri1
    I can see the next one going further and further away from what makes bf great. Is it EA? Battlefront is pretty average in terms of shooters, games are getting more and more tailored to the casual gamers and don't get me started on lootboxes and premium content. Just charge more for rhe game and ensure everyone has the maps. At least bf1 boxes are cosmetic although I couldn't really care about skins. Were did xp boosts and weapon customization go? Some generic wepaon classes like carbines and rifles would be good just like bf4.

No server browser and another rubbish hardcore mode will see me pass.
  • -Antares65z
    484 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha Member
    edited November 16
    spateri1 wrote: »
    No server browser and another rubbish hardcore mode will see me pass.

What's interesting is how many long time BF players swear that they have to have a server browser, yet this particular game has revealed just how many players actually use Quick Match to get into a round. Go check out the recent thread on Reddit about the Dice Official Mixed Maps server option now being a part of QM menu choice. You'd think that Christmas came early from the overwhelming celebration of that happening. I never use QM, I always choose the particular server I want to play on. I thought this was how the vast majority of players did it, but now I'm thinking I may be wrong.

• skeletor18
    4 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    The new BF needs to be set in current date, hands down.
  • NIZ180
    Current time for sure with current weapons. I have played bf since 1942 and much prefer hardcore servers these days. I would love to C a more hardcore approach to the next battlefield 5. I am coming from a PC perspective tho so not sure how this would translate to console.