Issues with the Player Balance on your servers?

Neox255
105 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
edited May 2017
Hi all,

I am just wondering if anyone who rents a server has had any issues with the balancer?

we currently run a 64 player conquest server and we generally fill it quite quickly on a daily basis. All in all we are quite happy with the recent rsp update and its good that we can finally administrate our server with the kick and ban option and the 6 player start is a big help with getting the server started each day.

However the one thing that concerns me is the balancer. Its very hit and miss for us. When sometimes a new round starts it starts with for example 20 on the British side and 10 on the Germans. You then tend to find the newer players that are joining the server get added to the British side even though that side already has a much better player count.

Either the balancer is broke or it needs to made a bit more aggressive to prevent one team to be disadvantaged at the start of a round.

I would be interested to know if anyone else has come across this issue?? I don't recall seeing anything to change the balance settings on the admin settings for the server.

Cheers
Neox
Post edited by Neox255 on

Comments

• Axlerod1
    1336 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    It is the keeping squads together with low player counts that is messed up.
    Squads need to be broken up until server gets full for balance.
  • Neox255
    105 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Thanks for the feedback axlerod - I suspected that squads could be part of the issue from when a new round starts. You would of thought the devs would of accounted for squads and stuff messing with the balance so they would of had something in place to combat this issue.