the kill-trade is out of control. ruined the game!

Comments

• disposalist
    9011 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha Member
    edited May 2017
    hawcer wrote: »
    munkt0r wrote: »
    0SiGHT0 wrote: »
    Trade kills are not the problem, other BF games had them and they weren't overly annoying like they are in BF1. The issue is that the engine is a joke and more trades are being produced than should be.

Comparatively to what?

You state "more than should be"...i'm curious what your comparison is.

I think the "more than should be" is a the delay in netcode processing. I've had trade kills that one of the two parties involved dies long after the dual. so it appears to be a cheap kill due to the trade kill mechanic. I have no Idea what the timing looked like to the other guy....but on my end, sometimes it looks like I was robbed and sometimes it looks like I was given a freebie.....it's just the delay, no different than mowing down an opponent and the kill card comes up a bit after the fact.
    If you add bullet flight times to the latency compensation window you come up with between 150 and, say, 900ms (for a bullet going well over 500 meters). Still less than a second.

A realistic combat simulation (less 'casual'?) would see soldiers still able to fire for several seconds after a mortal wound.

If you feel 'robbed' because someone's bullets killed you even though you killed them *shrug* that's up to you, not necessarily a problem with the mechanic.
    ...many people in general prefer the "if he dies first - I should live" thought process.
    Exactly. There's no persuading some with logic and common sense. They just want it how they want it, which is usually how they've gotten used to it being.
  • GRIZZ11283
    4839 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    Yes but kill trading is casual ;)
  • disposalist
    9011 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha Member
    edited May 2017
    GRIZZ11283 wrote: »
    *sigh* Why?

EDIT: Bah... got me.
  • Private_UMPalot
    4234 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    This discussion is now.

hqdefault.jpg
  • GRIZZ11283
    4839 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    GRIZZ11283 wrote: »
    *sigh* Why?

EDIT: Bah... got me.

:lol:
  • munkt0r
    3037 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    This discussion is now.

hqdefault.jpg

Adorable?
  • Sixclicks
    5075 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited May 2017
    this is like giving away free kills to the people who can't aim and don't know how to control their weapon! good job. DICE!

That statement makes no sense at all. If you kill traded with them, then that means they were accurate and able to control their weapon. In fact, in that encounter you and them displayed an equal amount of skill since you both killed each other.

Why do kill trades happen? It's simple, they fired their gun before you killed them and the bullet which was still traveling through the air hit you after they died rather than the bullet magically disappearing. They changed it so that your bullets no longer magically disappear, like they did before, once you die.

In reality, it's anti-skill to not allow kill trading. Because that means it's connection quality that determines who wins rather than skill. If both players shoot each at each other at exactly the same moment in time, whoever has the faster connection will register their bullet hitting the target first despite the other player's bullet still being mid-flight.
  • Private_UMPalot
    4234 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    This discussion is now.

hqdefault.jpg

Adorable?

Chasing it's own tail. ;)
  • hawcer
    3289 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    This discussion is now.

hqdefault.jpg

Adorable?

Chasing it's own tail. ;)

Could have been licking his own balls.....and strangely would have still kinda of fit.
  • richiebroad
    32 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    I think kill trade adds realism. Bullets dissapearing after they are shot? Come on now...
  • DukeSan27
    1297 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Kills trade adjustements are coming to reduce trades up to 30m:

https://reddit.com/r/battlefield_live/comments/6alkf5/may_11th_cte_update_notes/
  • AllOutWar76
    2607 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    DukeSan27 wrote: »

https://reddit.com/r/battlefield_live/comments/6alkf5/may_11th_cte_update_notes/

I believe one of the devs confirmed that was to test melee kill trades.
  • DukeSan27
    1297 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member

Really? Melee upto 30m sounds absurd.
  • Rev0verDrive
    6762 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member

Really? Melee upto 30m sounds absurd.

It does, but it was verified by Mischkag (netcode dev) that it only affects melee kill trades.

• jmgargoyle
    2463 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Bayonet charge...30 m?
  • NO_PLANE_4_U
    158 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    Kill trade is amazing leave it in game.
  • Rev0verDrive
    6762 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    jmgargoyle wrote: »
    Bayonet charge...30 m?

regular melee only.
  • rock1obsta
    3819 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Sixclicks wrote: »
    this is like giving away free kills to the people who can't aim and don't know how to control their weapon! good job. DICE!

That statement makes no sense at all. If you kill traded with them, then that means they were accurate and able to control their weapon. In fact, in that encounter you and them displayed an equal amount of skill since you both killed each other.

Why do kill trades happen? It's simple, they fired their gun before you killed them and the bullet which was still traveling through the air hit you after they died rather than the bullet magically disappearing. They changed it so that your bullets no longer magically disappear, like they did before, once you die.

In reality, it's anti-skill to not allow kill trading. Because that means it's connection quality that determines who wins rather than skill. If both players shoot each at each other at exactly the same moment in time, whoever has the faster connection will register their bullet hitting the target first despite the other player's bullet still being mid-flight.

Pay no mind, that guy is just salty he didn't get his way. He's probably ignoring the reasonable explanations given and pouting somewhere.
  • Sp3ckledJ1m
    195 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    edited May 2017
    foff667 wrote: »
    I'm pretty sure you'd be pissed if the only reason you didn't get a kill was because the other player had a 20ms lower ping.

Before it was because you had a lower ping and the server was giving loads of BS kills due to the lag comp and I was plenty pissed off. It's so much better now. I don't feel like I'm being penalized for a decent connection any more.
  • BGHFlakjacket
    1286 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    After playing today I found that 20% of my deaths are kill trades. My high was 4 kill trades out of 14 deaths. It is far too prevalent to be any fun.