the kill-trade is out of control. ruined the game!

Comments

• Gattlin
    517 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    I've launched way to many rockets at tanks only to die for nothing and see my munitions disappear. I have no pity on your tears of the river sorrow
  • TartarusDw_n2w8
    8 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    edited May 2017
    jmgargoyle wrote: »
    I don't know if y'all been having the problem of shooting someone first and then they fired 1 or 2 shots back. bang both of you died 7 out of 10 gun fight. it's BS,

this all started after their new netcode or hitreg/detection update.

i don't know much about netcode or hitreg/detection but i think they increased kill trade. please fix this. it's stupid.

this is like giving away free kills to the people who can't aim and don't know how to control their weapon! good job. DICE!

this is going to make people don't want to play bf1.

any admin out there??

thank you!

I agree, I do not like the kill trading update.

Oh well? It's more realistic than it was before. Now the bullets fired continue on the direction they were fired instead of disappearing just because you fired first. Don't want kill trades?fire first and fast....

More realistic? Yo
    I don't know if y'all been having the problem of shooting someone first and then they fired 1 or 2 shots back. bang both of you died 7 out of 10 gun fight. it's BS,

i don't know much about netcode or hitreg/detection but i think they increased kill trade. please fix this. it's stupid.

this is like giving away free kills to the people who can't aim and don't know how to control their weapon! good job. DICE!

any admin out there??

thank you!

Oh well? It's more realistic than it was before. Now the bullets fired continue on the direction they were fired instead of disappearing just because you fired first. Don't want kill trades?fire first and fast....

It's not more realistic. In real life bullets travel faster than the speed of sound. In close range engagements, which is where most of my kill trades happen, the time it takes from when I pull the trigger to when the bullet hits the target is negligible. In real life whoever would fire first would win. Of course that's assuming they land the shot. In order to kill trade in real life, both people would need to pull the trigger within milliseconds of each other and land a fatal blow. This is an extremely rare occurrence. What I'm seeing in game is that people who should have been long dead are able to fire off and additional 2-3 rounds. And unfortunately about a third of my deaths are from kill trades.
  • MayorMarionBarry
    2045 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member

any admin out there??

thank you!

More realistic? Yo

any admin out there??

thank you!

It's not more realistic. In real life bullets fire faster than the speed of sound. In close range engagements, which is where most of my kill trades happen, the time it takes from when I pull the trigger to when the bullet hits the target is negligible. In real life whoever would fire first would win period. Of course that's assuming they land the shot. In order to kill trade in real life, both people would need to pull the trigger within milliseconds of each. What I'm seeing in game is that people who should have been long dead are able to fire off and additional 2-3 rounds.

Yeah, that's a problem with your net then. That's not a kill trade.
    A kill trade would be the exact scenario you described: Shots taken within miliseconds of each other both of which land on target and both of which kill.
    What you're describing is bad internet connection.
  • jmgargoyle
    2463 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member

any admin out there??

thank you!

More realistic? Yo

any admin out there??

thank you!

It's not more realistic. In real life bullets travel faster than the speed of sound. In close range engagements, which is where most of my kill trades happen, the time it takes from when I pull the trigger to when the bullet hits the target is negligible. In real life whoever would fire first would win. Of course that's assuming they land the shot. In order to kill trade in real life, both people would need to pull the trigger within milliseconds of each other and land a fatal blow. This is an extremely rare occurrence. What I'm seeing in game is that people who should have been long dead are able to fire off and additional 2-3 rounds. And unfortunately about a third of my deaths are from kill trades.

Unless you get a ohk every time you fire, they should still be able to fire back...it's really not that hard to figure out. Deal with it already or go play an easier game where you can be happy. Either way, were tired of hearing the whine.
  • Rev0verDrive
    6762 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Battlefield Vietnam .. the 2nd BF title had kill trades.

• xPunisher_GFYx
    198 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    bran1986 wrote: »
    Kill trades are great and should have been in the game at launch.

It was in the game at launch but removed for improvement then brought back during the spring update
  • Sir-Praise-a-lot
    455 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha Member
    It would be interesting if Dice could implement something on the death screen that indicates in the situation of a kill trade which of the combatants would be left standing with magically disappearing bullets like before.
    I wouldn't be suprised if many of the complainers would shut up immediately when they'd be able to see how often kill trades were in their favor and gave them a kill + death rather than just a death.
    Sure, the amount of complainers could increase from that but I doubt it. People who like the fair and more logical system wouldn't mind if it wasn't always a good thing for them.
  • Sword-of-Cyric
    352 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha Member
    bapman63 wrote: »
    Its a free consolation kill because 3 weeks ago, you were dead and i was alive. Now you get a free kill because of the patch.
    3 weeks ago you were getting kills you shouldn't have.

He's still getting the kill same as three weeks ago, the change is now your getting the freebie for being lucky not quick or skillful.
    No, I am now getting the kills I have earned for being quick and skillful enough to kill before I died and were unrightfully denied to me before by a bizare game mechanic.

You now suffer the deaths you should have been suffering all the time, because you not quick and skilled enough to stop me from firing my killing bullet, but the bizare game mechanic let you avoid the death.

People who are angry are angry that they are now forced to realize that in truth they're not as good they thought they were.

• disposalist
    9011 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha Member
    bran1986 wrote: »
    Kill trades are great and should have been in the game at launch.

It was in the game at launch but removed for improvement then brought back during the spring update
    "removed for improvement"? Nope. You clearly haven't read what DICE have actually said about it.
  • rock1obsta
    3819 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member

any admin out there??

thank you!

More realistic? Yo

any admin out there??

thank you!

What? Long dead?
    No.
    All this kill trade mechanic does is ensure that my bullets/grenades don't wink out of existence just because I die. This is perfectly fair and acceptable and the way it should be.
    Disappearing munitions has been lame since it's been around.
  • mrtwotimes
    823 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    "Ruined" must be the new catchphrase of the snowflake generation.
  • Sir-Smithsonian
    908 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    Kill trading is fine
  • APBT
    842 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Two guys laying in front each other in the streets, when I know in the back of my mind who really won the fight (after peeping at both weapons used). Is starting to get boring.
  • bran1986
    5913 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Did some big youtuber/twitch streamer start whining about kill trading? There are like 4 kill trade threads on the front page. As for kill trading it is fine, get over it.
  • hawcer
    3289 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    I love it when I'm about 10% health, fire on a guy 30-50m away, and he one hits me with an automatico and then the slow, perfectly aimed bullets from my Chauchat takes is butt down.

That's the way it ought to be...no more easy kill a go's. If I was full health, he wouldn't have had a chance.
  • APBT
    842 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    edited May 2017
    The problem I have with KT is that if I line up a guy first, he shouldn't be able to turn around and panick fire on me FTW.

Then there are times when I'm injured and could take out a few guys, but not now with the magic bullet.
    It makes being a lone wolf that much harder.
    I guess some guys need this feature more than others. And let's not even talk about how aim assist plays into the equation, Which makes it even more of a BS issue.
  • disposalist
    9011 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha Member
    APBT wrote: »
    The problem I have with KT is that if I line up a guy first, he shouldn't be able to turn around and panick fire on me FTW.

Then there are times when I'm injured and could take out a few guys, but not now with the magic bullet.
    I guess some guys need this feature more than others. And let's not even talk about how aim assist plays into the equation, Which makes it even more of a BS issue.
    *sigh* The "magic bullet" was the one disappearing *before* kill trades were introduced. There's no magic bullet now. If you die it's because someone shot you. End of story.

Yes, it's more difficult to survive running around on your own now. As it should be. No more headless chicken tactics paying off because you pressed your fire button 25 millisecond before the enemy. You should not survive such reckless tactics. Now you do not. Develop a more realistic tactic.
  • GRIZZ11283
    4839 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member

*sigh* The "magic bullet" was the one disappearing *before* kill trades were introduced. There's no magic bullet now. If you die it's because someone shot you. End of story.

Yes, it's more difficult to survive running around on your own now. As it should be. No more headless chicken tactics paying off because you pressed your fire button 25 millisecond before the enemy. You should not survive such reckless tactics. Now you do not. Develop a more realistic tactic.

Couldn't agree more.

I seriously don't get how people can defend bullets disappearing lol.
  • APBT

No need to sigh at me like a woman.
    We can talk video games without all that.

Anyways kill trades has big flaws when you factor in aim assist. I don't know how many times I've died to the worst support guns up close using the faster ttk weapons, because of the flaw.That's my problem with it.
  • x_Undaunted_x
    3766 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member

No need to sigh at me like a woman.
    We can talk video games without all that.

Anyways kill trades has big flaws when you factor in aim assist. I don't know how many times I've died to the worst support guns up close using the faster ttk weapons, because of the flaw.That's my problem with it.

So if the server registers a kill for you but the other person has already shot but not reached you yet, those bullets should disappear because you got the kill?