Getting to know the Mods thread : V2

LOLGotYerTags
10431 postsMember, Moderator, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Moderator
A continuation of the popular thread from Battlelog.

Welcome to the thread for chatting to the mods (whenever we are on).

Enjoy your stay.

Comments

• StarscreamUK
    6610 postsMember, Moderator, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Moderator
    edited May 2017
    For the newcomers to the forums, we welcome you, please take the time to read the forum rules located Here

Normal forum rules apply in this thread, but you can chat to us, ask us questions (we may not be able to answer all questions due to restrictions etc) whatever.

English speaking mods who are prepared to take part in this thread (others exist, but I'm not about to slap their names here unless they wish to engage):
    LOLGotYerTags
    Sawtooth75
    StarscreamUK
    xxxCoOlBr33zExxx
    Post edited by StarscreamUK on
  • LOLGotYerTags
    10431 postsMember, Moderator, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Moderator
    And for those of you whom aren't familiar with the original thread, I shall link it for you below so you can get a taster of what this thread is all about.

https://battlelog.battlefield.com/bf4/en/forum/threadview/2955064777502294667/
  • EvilSoul1321
    344 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    I'm pretty new to the forums and I have two questions.

1. After reading the forum rules I have to ask what is necro threading.
    2. What does OP stand for? I know when talking about a gun, vehicle, plane it means over powered but I see OP used alot and not always referring to those things.
  • StarscreamUK
    6610 postsMember, Moderator, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Moderator
    1. Means the act of bringing a dead thread to life. Ie posting in a thread that hasn't been replied to for months. If a thread goes that long it usually means the issue is resolved or it was answered.

2. Original Post/er
  • LOLGotYerTags
    Hello and welcome to the FIERY PITS OF.. wait.. Wrong place :D

To answer your questions.

1. Necro posting is where a user posts in a thread that is (older than) 3 months since the last post.
    2. OP usually has 2 common meanings, The first you're probably very aware of "Over Powered", However regarding threads and people posting "OP is salty" or something, It usually refers to "Original Poster" as in the creator of the thread.
  • HardAimedKid
    11147 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    So should we post here now instead of the @? Lol
  • JacobtheSmartGuy
    961 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Hi modz
  • LOLGotYerTags
    This is just for general chattiness more or less.

And no, You do not need to @ us anymore as the report button is now back in the form of the "Flag" option :)
  • HardAimedKid
    11147 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    This is just for general chattiness more or less.

And no, You do not need to @ us anymore as the report button is now back in the form of the "Flag" option :)

Okay I'll just @ StarscreamUK, only because it's usually followed by a funny meme lol
  • LOLGotYerTags
    Hi modz

o/
  • Forkbeard84
    1447 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Hey great to have thread for talking to our Mods. Thanks!
  • crabman169
    12757 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Hehe
    25392d1394217810-official-post-****-thread-banhammer.gif

~

Big shoutout to Sawtooth75 for his running of the bf1 FB group and his FNB challenges (damn different platform :D )
  • disposalist
    7909 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Hey mods! Er... That's all I have...

For now...
  • sg2434
    3826 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    edited May 2017
    Look out! They're trying to lull us into a false sense of security.

I'm on to you, mods.

*insert tinfoil hat meme*
  • BaronVonGoon
    5809 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    If the mods got into an old fashioned street fight. Free for all. Who is the last mod standing?
  • StarscreamUK
    that would be poolshark... none of us could beat up a guy with no legs so he would wait until it was down to 1 other and then bite their ankles till they gave in.
  • xenome111
    3064 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    edited May 2017
    that would be poolshark... none of us could beat up a guy with no legs so he would wait until it was down to 1 other and then bite their ankles till they gave in.

Hehehe :D :D
    Edit:wait isn't he a shark after all aka shark which is in the pool aka poolshark if he gets out on the street he will die first because he has no lungs lol.Sry poolshark ;)
  • disposalist
    7909 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    And for those of you whom aren't familiar with the original thread, I shall link it for you below so you can get a taster of what this thread is all about.

Wait... I just clicked this... You guys are mods for other forums?! I feel used and dirty...
  • crabman169
    12757 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member

anigif_enhanced-buzz-16457-1374156628-30.gif

Wait... I just clicked this... You guys are mods for other forums?! I feel used and dirty...

Poolshark is a mod on the tf2 forums but Starscream isn't (last I checked)
  • StarscreamUK
    Nope I have my hands full with my full time job and moderating too.