Having trouble accessing the forums? Try logging out of the forums completely - clear cache, cookies, and temp files - then restart the browser and log in. Thanks!

So they finally *might* tone down aim assist on consoles

realistalive
606 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha Member
edited May 17
There's a chance that aim assist will get an overall tone down but more specifically the aim assist abuse with scout weapons & shotguns is going to be reduced.

These are only proposed changes and there's a possibility they will not make it to retail. I for one think it's stupid how the most requests are on snipers & shotties specifically, when you can abuse aim assist with Medic rifles that have high ttk's such as 8.35, RSC & the 1906, same goes for automaticos and high TTK MG's which have crazy snap on. So I highly doubt they're going to be messing with the AA.. but you never know..

Comments

• boutneus
    1442 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    No more easy mode MH kills? Sounds good
  • hawcer
    3289 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    should be a win win for me on xbone....I can't get it to work anyway and I fight it more than it helps.
  • Khal_Fraggo
    391 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    I play on PC, and performance with so many of the guns boils down to mouse precision.

I really can't wrap my head around having the same balance patches across all platforms while having both game pads and snap-on aiming on two platforms and M&K on another.

You can see the results in many weapon complaint threads, with some of the users complaining about a gun being OP and others saying "OP? That gun sucks. I hardly ever see it used!"
  • xAviusHeart
    24 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    Am I missing something because that just looks like a list of most requested changes not confirmation of said changes.
  • wc138
    529 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    I don't see how anyone can use AA anyhow. It's more a hindrance than it seems to help. I suppose it's a good thing if it's really effecting gameplay like some people assume it is, but I'm not sure that's the case.
  • Private_UMPalot
    4234 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    I think what we see happening here is Stockholm make the game for the masses, then Dice LA start fine tuning it for the fps crowd once all the hype has died down.
  • realistalive
    606 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha Member
    Am I missing something because that just looks like a list of most requested changes not confirmation of said changes.

Yup, I seemed to glare over that little fact that these were only PROPOSED changes.. I've edited the post accordingly.
    I don't want them to mess with the assist, it's good as it is now
  • HardAimedKid
    9969 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    edited May 17

Yup, I seemed to glare over that little fact that these were only PROPOSED changes.. I've edited the post accordingly.
    I don't want them to mess with the assist, it's good as it is now

I'd actually like it to not be in the game lol.
    boutneus wrote: »
    No more easy mode MH kills? Sounds good

Doesn't look so easy for you when you use it..

Edit @boutneus what gets more easy mode than having a 16 kd in vehicles? Honestly... You talking about anything infantry is irrelevant because you don't play infantry and when you do it seems to be poorly..
  • hawcer
    I hope they tone it down some...didn't it used to have a bit of adjustment for the auto rotate on consoles? I can't seem to find anything but off and on now.

Look at this vid...at the end i couldn't track or get my sights on the guy right in front of me because the aim assist wanted to track the enemies in the background. AA is ok with 1 vs 1...but really sucks for 1 vs many.

• TLGunman
    86 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    It's not abuse. Every single person on console has access to it. Use it....that's what it's there for!!! Not using it is an individual decision.

That's not to say that i understand why it's in the game. Really doesn't make nuch sense seeing as consoles are a level playing field. We don't compete against pc so, it is basically irrelevant.
  • Parasiten79
    501 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    Slowdown is enough, snap on needs to go. I don't understand why Dice wants to shorten the firefights with this mechanic. If it's so hard to aim and hit lower players health instead and let us do the aiming
  • AllOutWar76
    2607 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    I for one think it's stupid how the most requests are on snipers & shotties specifically,

That's because these particular weapons make the biggest impact with aim assist. Shotties can OHK, couple that with aim assist and it's broken. In most cases all you have to do is aim down sights if your reticle is near your target and you will get a OHK. Most infantry rifles have a sweet spot and some can OHK in that spot. You reduce AA's effectiveness with these two types of weapons and this forces the user to rely purely on aim and not a mechanic that guarantees either a OHK or massive damage by just pressing two triggers.

Yes AA is there for all weapons except sniper scopes, so why only shotguns and infantry rifles? Well, aim assist snaps on for your first shot, after that it tries to keep you on target but you still need to manually aim a bit. So for other weapons, aim assist benefits players with poor target acquisition and those who have trouble staying on target. It does not auto aim every bullet fired for you.

If you don't agree, test it. Regardless of platform, they all have aim assist if you use a controller. Try using something like the SMLE infantry and focus on doing nothing but quickscope kills without aiming at all. Then use any other weapon, try quickscoping and keep shooting at that target without aiming. Chances are you wont get any where near the amount of kills you get with the SMLE unless you are lucky enough to go against targets that all stand still.

I for one welcome this change and have been asking for AA adjustments for these two types of weapons. I don't want the change because I die to them, I want the change because it's really cheap. I use them myself and feel they are much too powerful coupled with aim assist. If they do change it, I can't wait to hear all the crying from the so-called "non aim assist" users who come here wondering why they can no longer use their beloved weapons as effectively.
  • kaliyl777
    1814 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    AA is more of a hindrance than help really.
  • hawcer
    edited May 17
    I for one think it's stupid how the most requests are on snipers & shotties specifically,

Yes AA is there for all weapons except sniper scopes,

There is absolutely 0 AA on the Selb 1906 medic rifle. at least for me there isn't.
  • Trokey66
    4198 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    Some good changes if they make retail.
  • MammiBoo
    276 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    I play on PC, and performance with so many of the guns boils down to mouse precision.

I really can't wrap my head around having the same balance patches across all platforms while having both game pads and snap-on aiming on two platforms and M&K on another.

You can see the results in many weapon complaint threads, with some of the users complaining about a gun being OP and others saying "OP? That gun sucks. I hardly ever see it used!"

Aim assist on is a cancer for consolol like hackers are for pc.
  • Syzzix
    3628 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    MammiBoo wrote: »

XIM4 is also cancer for consoles.
    They honestly should just patch everything for PC at this point.
  • MammiBoo
    276 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    MammiBoo wrote: »

XIM4 is also cancer for consoles.
    They honestly should just patch everything for PC at this point.

I have no issues for third parties. It is your right to choose controller. I have a high end SplitFish FragFX V, and is okay but i prefer controller.

Aim assist on in mp games is a disease. Destroys any skill related discussion from the get go. PLUS, even a 2 year old kid can frag you using his feet while playing.