Having trouble accessing the forums? Try logging out of the forums completely - clear cache, cookies, and temp files - then restart the browser and log in. Thanks!

Ridiculous Map Voting Basicaly Eliminating Maps

GinnoCarictures
3 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
Paying for a game and not being able to enjoy its full content is a shame, mainly when you dont pay cheap. Not to mention paying for premium.
Never manage to play verdun heights again. You all might know (and most of you agree on) how bad the current medal system is, and when you finally get a chance to get a new one, you depend on playing on an specific map which you can no longer play. Same for many maps on the base game that rarely come up. That was the worst thing they cold have copied from Call of Duty in order to bring in their fans.

Comments

• firechickenfan
    145 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    edited May 17
    I 100% agree. 5 rounds 3 were the same map. I haven't played Fao but only once or twice, since map voting started.
  • dmccar1001
    79 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    Agree. Play the same maps over and over now. Before you could play a full game on each map in about 4 1/4 hours (or under 2 for TSNP) ... now you could play all day and not see all the maps. Sure you could quit and join a new server BUT you may not get a full game. Hope they go back to having at least some of the official servers without map voting.
  • AmericanBadAzz23
    418 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    Yep! They need to go back to the old way and make map voting an option on Rent-a-Servers.
  • jmgargoyle
    1612 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    Exactly how many threads of this same topic already exist? Try reading before creating another needless post.
  • RSDunbar
    7 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    This issues gets to me as well. There are quite a few maps I haven't played on at all in the last week. They should go through a rotation, but have servers that offer voting as an alternative.
  • WodooHorse
    4 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    Paying for a game and not being able to enjoy its full content is a shame, mainly when you dont pay cheap. Not to mention paying for premium.
    Never manage to play verdun heights again. You all might know (and most of you agree on) how bad the current medal system is, and when you finally get a chance to get a new one, you depend on playing on an specific map which you can no longer play. Same for many maps on the base game that rarely come up. That was the worst thing they cold have copied from Call of Duty in order to bring in their fans.

Yesterday I have realized that maybe Verdune Heights is probably the most unwanted DLC map for most people. For 4 hours playing on premium server I had the chance to play it only once.
    DICE, please remove that voting system.
  • McBaffel
    678 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    edited May 17

Hey @GinnoCarictures
    I understand the feelings about mapvoting. On the medal I'm familiar with it and not getting verdun is an issue, 3 things one can do:
    1 search with the right filter for a game on verdun hights (make sure some spots are open or the game could be nearly finished)
    2 you can also go for the devils anvil operation. Verdun is the first map on this operation and you'd be able to get your 10killd that way.
    3 play frontlines I noticed there are to sortd of people on a server either it run verdun/rupture 80% of the time or they run soisson/fort de vaux 80% of the time. But getting in a server and checking the next vote they make gives you a descent idea.

Hoped to have been of service.
    Feldwebel Baum
  • VBALL_MVP
    3435 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    JayPeee71 wrote: »
    Another forum fielder suggested offering the vote as it is today but when a map has been played, it is not offered again until the full rotation has been completed.

Seemed to be a fair compromise in my opinion, should that get implemented.

It is a step in the right direction, only thing I see is that one map will always be left out.
  • JayPeee71
    100 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    true, perhaps make it played by default as a 'Voted the be played last' then my or offer it in the start of the next cycle.

Not that I think I have ever played a full rotation of maps ona single server that I can remember.

There would need to be some list if played/not played in the UI. OK, it's getting more and more complex (read: more bugs added and more heat from the community).

I vote it's removed!!!
  • Ravenousld3341
    219 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member

There's a bright side. This data will show DICE what kind of maps their players enjoy. I personally don't have a problem with this system. There's maps I flat out hate, and not I have a chance to avoid them

Sinai and Giants Shadow are the maps i hate the most.

On the other hand there's maps I like that aren't popular such as Fao Fortress, and I rarely get to play it now.

I honestly believe it's a net gain for the community and DICE.
  • GRIZZ11283
    1944 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    Best suggestion is to just get rid, it was fine before, so was need to change, it's the only thing I don't like about the game.
  • Knobby71
    16 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    I personally hate Soissions, it's a stupid map.....but seems to be voted for a lot. I'd like to see some more VH
  • jmgargoyle
    1612 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    It sounded good in the beginning but is more problems than it's worth in retrospect....
  • llIBertIll
    433 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    jmgargoyle wrote: »
    It sounded good in the beginning but is more problems than it's worth in retrospect....

Agreed. One of those ideas that sounded good but quickly became obvious it was crap.
    Played the Fort yesterday and choice was Verdun and soisson next, of course soisson won. Suffered through that for the next choice to be the Fort and rupture, Fort won. 2 out of 3 games on Fort, how was Verdun, as the previous vote loser not even offered?
  • Forkbeard84
    897 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    I wish they would get rid of the map voting. I love Suez and rarely get to play it now.
  • X_justhaze_X
    254 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    Gotta love the guys who are leaving the next round but vote for the worst map on purpose.
  • JBModz1
    367 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    shh, theyre going to "fix" it again and break something else.
  • SilentHunter563
    25 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    JayPeee71 wrote: »
    Another forum fielder suggested offering the vote as it is today but when a map has been played, it is not offered again until the full rotation has been completed.

Seemed to be a fair compromise in my opinion, should that get implemented.

complete approve of this!! a process of elimination not every 2 rounds one of the previous maps are an option witch gets picked 75% of the time
  • jmgargoyle
    Yeah I played soissons three times tonight in two and a half hours or so.....