Having trouble accessing the forums? Try logging out of the forums completely - clear cache, cookies, and temp files - then restart the browser and log in. Thanks!

Getting really tired of enemies spawning on dead team mates

«13
BaconRebellion
974 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
edited May 18
While I'm sure a dice employee is proud of the zoom mechanic when spawning in, I'm starting to get real tired of it as it causes enemies to spawn in on dead team mates.

It's frustrating killing an enemy then reloading or going to revive a team mate and a second later his team mate who was spawning spawns in and merks you then and there.

Comments

  • Callahan44er
    4035 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    Yes,this should be no1 priority to fix. It happens really often and is really frustrating. Spawns in general should be looked at,on amiens i often spawn directly behind enemies...or in front of enemy train on suez.
    image ...
  • Miles_Vappa
    41 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    edited May 17
    Bump

    your obvious grammatical errors in the title is in fact less disappointing than the topic you bring up.

    As a software developer myself, i do not beleive any excuse for why this has not been fixed yet (unless their excuse is sheer laziness)

    But this isnt anything new for dice/ea and I personally doubt it will ever be fixed, so you should get used to it.

    The next bf game will market it as a feature
  • crabman169
    7560 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    As long as the 'zoom in' mechnic exists this will happen.

    No one is spawning on dead teammates; their is a two second? Delay in which you are spawning. In that time it's possible for the squad member that spawn is on to be killed giving the impression of 'spawning on dead teammates'

    Check for a squad wipe when you killed someone; at this point in time it's the best way to determine if someone is gonna pop outta thin air after a kill or not.

    Better yet play it cautious (granted with melee etc it's rather difficult)

    Notice when someone spawns on you; get points then a moment after they spawn
  • BigF33t_13
    4210 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    Bump

    your obvious grammatical errors in the title is in fact less disappointing than the topic you bring up.

    As a software developer myself, i do not beleive any excuse for why this has not been fixed yet (unless their excuse is sheer laziness)

    But this isnt anything new for dice/ea and I personally doubt it will ever be fixed, so you should get used to it.

    The next bf game will market it as a feature

    I wouldn't speak of others grammatical errors, when one can't spell himself.
  • Matty101yttam
    288 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    Yes,this should be no1 priority to fix. It happens really often and is really frustrating. Spawns in general should be looked at,on amiens i often spawn directly behind enemies...or in front of enemy train on suez.

    While i agree, flag spawns are actually on purpose to let random players get kills, even as an amature level designer i have seen spawns in major travel routes...the only flags that can be sort of forgiven is like 'B' flag on Fao, where there's very little cover to hide spawns behind.

    Squad spawns as in this topic is a whole other thing, the only thing i've suggested that could help is stop spawns when enemy is within 20m or so(after all that close is really a threat same as getting shot at), since this is when it really effects me cqb you have no time to react and very few options.

  • Callahan44er
    4035 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    Yes,this should be no1 priority to fix. It happens really often and is really frustrating. Spawns in general should be looked at,on amiens i often spawn directly behind enemies...or in front of enemy train on suez.

    While i agree, flag spawns are actually on purpose to let random players get kills, even as an amature level designer i have seen spawns in major travel routes...the only flags that can be sort of forgiven is like 'B' flag on Fao, where there's very little cover to hide spawns behind.

    Squad spawns as in this topic is a whole other thing, the only thing i've suggested that could help is stop spawns when enemy is within 20m or so(after all that close is really a threat same as getting shot at), since this is when it really effects me cqb you have no time to react and very few options.

    I dont know,there are always areas near flags that are safe...and sometimes (d flag on st.quentin fe) you spawn 100m away from the flag. I don get how some spawns can happen,look at 0:30,i spawn in the area where all the enemies are while all the rest of the flag is controlled by my team.
  • Miles_Vappa
    41 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    edited May 17
    crabman169 wrote: »
    As long as the 'zoom in' mechnic exists this will happen.

    No one is spawning on dead teammates; their is a two second? Delay in which you are spawning. In that time it's possible for the squad member that spawn is on to be killed giving the impression of 'spawning on dead teammates'

    Check for a squad wipe when you killed someone; at this point in time it's the best way to determine if someone is gonna pop outta thin air after a kill or not.

    Better yet play it cautious (granted with melee etc it's rather difficult)

    Notice when someone spawns on you; get points then a moment after they spawn

    Not to beat a dead horse here (not a bf1 pun). I disagree.

    Whatever method it is that does the zoom in/spawn can easily be split with some logic checks to prevent the obvious: teamates dead; spawn 2 seconds later, that happens all too often now.

    Its not an impression; you are spawning on dead teamates. Regardless if you click on a living teammate to spawn in on, you have not spawned until after the zoom in animation. If your teammate Is not alive at the moment when you were supposed to Spawn, you should not spawn.

    I agree; you need to play it cautiously, but this is because of a bug which imo (and again this is imo) detracts from gameplay and certainly does not add to any sense of good game design.

    Unless you think this is a feature and not a bug (I personally do not think dice intended this mechanic fyi).
  • crabman169
    7560 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    crabman169 wrote: »
    As long as the 'zoom in' mechnic exists this will happen.

    No one is spawning on dead teammates; their is a two second? Delay in which you are spawning. In that time it's possible for the squad member that spawn is on to be killed giving the impression of 'spawning on dead teammates'

    Check for a squad wipe when you killed someone; at this point in time it's the best way to determine if someone is gonna pop outta thin air after a kill or not.

    Better yet play it cautious (granted with melee etc it's rather difficult)

    Notice when someone spawns on you; get points then a moment after they spawn

    Not to beat a dead horse here (not a bf1 pun). I disagree.

    Whatever method it is that does the zoom in/spawn can easily be split with some logic checks to prevent the obvious: teamates dead; spawn 2 seconds later, that happens all too often now.

    Its not an impression; you are spawning on dead teamates. Regardless if you click on a living teammate to spawn in on, you have not spawned until after the zoom in animation. If your teammate Is not alive at the moment when you were supposed to Spawn, you should not spawn.

    I agree; you need to play it cautiously, but this is because of a bug which imo (and again this is imo) detracts from gameplay and certainly does not add to any sense of good game design.

    Unless you think this is a feature and not a bug (I personally do not think dice intended this mechanic fyi).

    @Rev0verDrive can explain the technicality of it if you want

    Short version; when you spawn on a Squadmate your player character's positions is 'reserved' (for lack of a better term) for placement in the world. Where you will be spawned is set; your teammate is awarded the squad spawn points and you spawn two seconds? Later as you are technically already spawned into the world. To others you don't exist but the server has already placed you.

    To avoid being spawn killed you character model and hitbox etc does not visually appear until you assume control (hence you see no player model in the 'zoom in')

    It can be annoying but it's not a bug; it's how squad spawns work in bf1

    image
  • jmgargoyle
    969 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    BigF33t_13 wrote: »
    Bump

    your obvious grammatical errors in the title is in fact less disappointing than the topic you bring up.

    As a software developer myself, i do not beleive any excuse for why this has not been fixed yet (unless their excuse is sheer laziness)

    But this isnt anything new for dice/ea and I personally doubt it will ever be fixed, so you should get used to it.

    The next bf game will market it as a feature

    I wouldn't speak of others grammatical errors, when one can't spell himself.

    There's a difference between getting I and e backwards and the op using totally wrong words Mr grammar teacher...
  • Truffleshuffle03
    2243 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    jmgargoyle wrote: »
    BigF33t_13 wrote: »
    Bump

    your obvious grammatical errors in the title is in fact less disappointing than the topic you bring up.

    As a software developer myself, i do not beleive any excuse for why this has not been fixed yet (unless their excuse is sheer laziness)

    But this isnt anything new for dice/ea and I personally doubt it will ever be fixed, so you should get used to it.

    The next bf game will market it as a feature

    I wouldn't speak of others grammatical errors, when one can't spell himself.

    There's a difference between getting I and e backwards and the op using totally wrong words Mr grammar teacher...

    Actually, It is the same If he felt so strongly about how someone else grammar was you would think he might want to double check his own. He did not just get I and E backward but did not capitalize letters and left out commas. You would think if you were going to criticize someone else's spelling and grammar mistakes you would do so without having them yourself. Not only that English may not be the op's first language so he may get some words wrong.
  • Miles_Vappa
    41 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    crabman169 wrote: »
    crabman169 wrote: »
    As long as the 'zoom in' mechnic exists this will happen.

    No one is spawning on dead teammates; their is a two second? Delay in which you are spawning. In that time it's possible for the squad member that spawn is on to be killed giving the impression of 'spawning on dead teammates'

    Check for a squad wipe when you killed someone; at this point in time it's the best way to determine if someone is gonna pop outta thin air after a kill or not.

    Better yet play it cautious (granted with melee etc it's rather difficult)

    Notice when someone spawns on you; get points then a moment after they spawn

    Not to beat a dead horse here (not a bf1 pun). I disagree.

    Whatever method it is that does the zoom in/spawn can easily be split with some logic checks to prevent the obvious: teamates dead; spawn 2 seconds later, that happens all too often now.

    Its not an impression; you are spawning on dead teamates. Regardless if you click on a living teammate to spawn in on, you have not spawned until after the zoom in animation. If your teammate Is not alive at the moment when you were supposed to Spawn, you should not spawn.

    I agree; you need to play it cautiously, but this is because of a bug which imo (and again this is imo) detracts from gameplay and certainly does not add to any sense of good game design.

    Unless you think this is a feature and not a bug (I personally do not think dice intended this mechanic fyi).

    @Rev0verDrive can explain the technicality of it if you want

    Short version; when you spawn on a Squadmate your player character's positions is 'reserved' (for lack of a better term) for placement in the world. Where you will be spawned is set; your teammate is awarded the squad spawn points and you spawn two seconds? Later as you are technically already spawned into the world. To others you don't exist but the server has already placed you.

    To avoid being spawn killed you character model and hitbox etc does not visually appear until you assume control (hence you see no player model in the 'zoom in')

    It can be annoying but it's not a bug; it's how squad spawns work in bf1

    image

    Hey, i totally get it.

    I just personally think its laziness on dices part to not fix what appears to be a bug (or at least a very bad game mechanic) by saying what you say above.

    I mean you could easily just get the squad points when the player actually does appear. Its not like this system protects you from spawn killing so if they said what you are saying above, lol, good one dice.

    What you said above also makes me wonder: if you decide to spawn on me right before im run over by a tank and the tank remains in the position where you are spawning, what happens? Does the tank get deleted because the position is reserved? I doubt it, id bet you'd spawn inside the tank and die from an insta-roadkill because thats dice logic claiming it's a feature and not a bug.

    But whatever, i agree on one thing. That's the way it is and you better get used to it.
  • hawcer
    2299 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    I think there is a real bug or glitch in the " squad under fire" detection. You can't spawn on them when under fire right? So you wait and hope they get clear so you can. what I've noticed is when it appears they have got clear from danger they have actually died, so technically they are no longer under fire and it allows you to spawn on their dead body.

    - I took note of this a lot last night and every time as soon as the squad mate came available to spawn on, they were dead when I spawned....every time!

    - so ther must be a delay between the "safe to spawn on squad" detection and the server detecting the squad mate is dead.

    - Also if you notice....sometimes you can see your squad mate has died and it leaves the spawn selection on them for a bit...I'm guessing it does this if there is a friendly medic near by....this could be also causing some of the problems.

    But I can about guarantee if your squad mate is under fire and then quickly becomes available to spawn on....he'll be dead when you get there, every time.
  • CHAMMOND1992
    204 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    edited May 17
    Bump

    your obvious grammatical errors in the title is in fact less disappointing than the topic you bring up.

    As a software developer myself, i do not beleive any excuse for why this has not been fixed yet (unless their excuse is sheer laziness)

    But this isnt anything new for dice/ea and I personally doubt it will ever be fixed, so you should get used to it.

    The next bf game will market it as a feature

    You don't even know the code base for the game, so being a software developer means nothing. For all we know the animation is just used as a cover for loading the player onto the map, in which case it would happen regardless.
  • disposalist
    3412 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    crabman169 wrote: »
    Better yet play it cautious (granted with melee etc it's rather difficult)
    This. As with many things people appear to find game-breaking to them, if you are aware it occurs you can avoid it or mitigate it.

    It is a notable but rare occurrence for me and there's nothing special about me. If you spawn into combat, it's dangerous. Go figure. Squads spawn on each other and there can be a couple of seconds lag in that *shrug* does anyone ever assume they are 'safe' just because they killed the soldier in front of them? You get the drop on the appearing squad mates just as often as they get the drop on you.

    Yeah, it's not ideal and maybe DICE could improve it, but "getting tired of it"? It hardly ever happens. There are much bigger issues (like balancing).
  • HKMercenary
    99 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    There is definitely an issue with Spawns in this game. I get that they deploy you a small distance away from the flag when enemies are present to keep you from spawn death, but 1, it keeps you from defending the flag, and 2, spawn death still happens. Spawning on teammates seems to be an issue as well as I have seen and killed players spawning on teammates well after I have already engaged and/or killed the spawn point player, and I have been the victim of such spawn deaths many times. Joining a teammates that is not under fire only to find myself getting stabbed in the back by my squad mate's killer. There should definitely be a buffer, no spawning within 20 or 30m of where an enemy is.
  • Matty101yttam
    288 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    Thing is i dont think many main programmers are left on the job after release, most of the tweaks for patches involve changing numbers, anything big like removing the zoom-in would need someone who knows the code inside and out to know whats affected an where by that change so in their eyes it's just too much effort..
  • Callahan44er
    4035 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    edited May 17
    crabman169 wrote: »
    Better yet play it cautious (granted with melee etc it's rather difficult)
    This. As with many things people appear to find game-breaking to them, if you are aware it occurs you can avoid it or mitigate it.

    It is a notable but rare occurrence for me and there's nothing special about me. If you spawn into combat, it's dangerous. Go figure. Squads spawn on each other and there can be a couple of seconds lag in that *shrug* does anyone ever assume they are 'safe' just because they killed the soldier in front of them? You get the drop on the appearing squad mates just as often as they get the drop on you.

    Yeah, it's not ideal and maybe DICE could improve it, but "getting tired of it"? It hardly ever happens. There are much bigger issues (like balancing).

    You cant control your enemies spawns though...that's the bigger problem. Usually it's not that bad to spawn on dead squadmates,youll often catch somebody reloading etc and get a free kill. Or frustrating death from the other perspeftive..happens nearly every game.
    And yeah,you can always think "maybe another player pops out of his dead body,gotta be careful"..but that just sucks,sorry.
  • Sixclicks
    1293 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    edited May 17
    I'd be okay with working around it if they just made it so that you don't have spawn protection when spawning on a squad mate. It's pretty s****y when an enemy spawns on a squad mate that you just killed and all you've got is your bolt action rifle. So you shoot them once, hit for less than half their health due to spawn protection, and then they just insta-kill you with their shotgun while you're chambering another round or swapping to your pistol.

    It's not as big of a deal when playing as Assault with an SMG, Support, or Medic depending on the rifle since you can fire multiple rounds rapidly and cut through that spawn protection. It is however a problem with slow fire rate guns or guns with low magazine capacities.
  • bleachee
    349 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    Bump

    your obvious grammatical errors in the title is in fact less disappointing than the topic you bring up.

    As a software developer myself, i do not beleive any excuse for why this has not been fixed yet (unless their excuse is sheer laziness)

    But this isnt anything new for dice/ea and I personally doubt it will ever be fixed, so you should get used to it.

    The next bf game will market it as a feature

    You don't even know the code base for the game, so being a software developer means nothing. For all we know the animation is just used as a cover for loading the player onto the map, in which case it would happen regardless.

    Agreed. I've suspected that the animation is a cover for the processing that has to happen before you can be placed at that point on the map. This isn't as simple as looks. A lot is going on when a player spawns in. Another issue to always consider is latency. Yes, the enemy has been killed on your screen, but the server and the spawning player's machine may be seeing something different at that exact moment. The spawn actually could have been initiated before you killed the enemy. Online FPSs played across continents will never be perfect.
  • boutneus
    942 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    Getting knifed by some1 spawning on the guy you're knifing pisses me off every time. Lol at the grammar police by the way
This discussion has been closed.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!