Having trouble accessing the forums? Try logging out of the forums completely - clear cache, cookies, and temp files - then restart the browser and log in. Thanks!

So.. I went to see my Dr! (Battlefield Randomness)

Kay-7k
183 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
I'm not sure what to title this or where the hell this would fit in the forums but it's something I'd just like to share (get it off my hairy chest).

Maybe someone here can share something similar as now I'm interested in what's around.

So today I had an appointment at my GP to see my Dr & in all the times I've been going to Tower Bridge (where my GP surgery is) London. I've never noticed this statue & the pure irony of the thing being right there, practically outside my GP made me want to take a picture but unfortunately it was raining pretty heavy in London today so I decided to try & find it on google when I got home.

2prsd1d.jpg

What really stuck out for me is the Lewis gun suppressive is my most used weapon on battlefield. That's what's so ironic about the statue being where it is & probably the only reason I noticed the statue in the first place. lol

Comments

• sg2434
    3819 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    Thats pretty funny, probably why you use the gun in the first place.
  • JacobtheSmartGuy
    866 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    Thats a mighty fine lewis gun hes got there
  • Arobot123
    144 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    Interesting, the only part of the statue that isn't abstract is the gun.
  • sg2434
    3819 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    Arobot123 wrote: »

You trying to get philosophical up in here?
  • Syzzix
    3628 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    The face on that statue looks like Marilyn Manson.
  • Kay-7k
    183 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    edited May 17
    sg2434 wrote: »
    Thats pretty funny, probably why you use the gun in the first place.
    Haha! That's some epic subconsciousness
    Thats a mighty fine lewis gun hes got there
    Couldn't agree more.
  • x187Methodz-
    265 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    I don't like it when they give me the black soldier either
  • Jayremie570
    764 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member

I noticed that also. I wonder if there is a message in that.
  • AlotOfThunder
    1027 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    edited May 18
    im trying to read the inscription, but cant make it out... something about the Victoria Cross.. a date.. seems like it was dedicated to a fallen soldier.

i really like the Lewis gun. It was a very reliable weapon back then, they were finely built w/ good quality material - which also made them expensive too.

a U.S/British design, it even got it's own nickname : the Belgian Rattlesnake. Was very well received by the troops who had them - British, Canadian, American to name a few.

Lewis guns made it all the way to serve in WW2 as well.

• disposalist
    5013 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member

The message is, the artist was lazy enough to just buy a lewis gun and spray it. If he could have bought old war vet and sprayed them he would have.

Seriously, though - that's pretty cool.
  • Gorlax
    92 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    That's pretty cool
  • Gforce81
    1961 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    Nice!

If only our office had a Poilu with a Infy Lebel out front. I'd be a happy guy
  • wc138
    529 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member

Of course there is. That's the whole point of the statue being built as it is.