Having trouble accessing the forums? Try logging out of the forums completely - clear cache, cookies, and temp files - then restart the browser and log in. Thanks!

WTF is wrong with Operations?

ballinyakno
1 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
About 80% of the time when I try joining an operation match w/ 64 players it puts me in an empty lobby. Basically rendering the multiplayer useless since operations is the only mode I enjoy. Are other people having this issue? Pretty sad this defect has been around since launch. I would mark this a showstopper. Who wants to play in an empty lobby?
I am hardwired and here are my test results from http://beta.speedtest.net/
Ping - 11 ms
Download - 119 mbps
Upload - 6 mbps

My machine is pretty maxed out and I don't have any matchmaking issues on other games.

Comments

• ballinyakno
    1 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    I even tried launching operations from quickmatch. It again put me in an empty lobby. Epic fail
  • NamelessForNow
    813 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    That happened to me all the time. I played one operations match since launch. A few weeks ago I joined a large platoon that only plays operations. We join a server as a party and it fills up within a few minutes.
  • Mord-Vi
    447 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    They will be addressing operation matchmaking in the coming update I'm pretty sure.
  • Holmindeboks
    144 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    yesterday i thought lets try an operations becouse all i see at the forum is ppl want to play it. i got disappointed at many things in game and dont like to play that much anymore. so i tried operations..... its a big trash. 3 rounds i got in losing team and so no balance. oor players ruin everything. last round there was a clan ( all same tag) pings for over 182 till 300+ and all at top or the enemy scoreboard. my team left. i dont know what ppl like at it but i dont do. but most frustrating is high ping players.

if i can suggest something to make it a nicer game for me. fort the vaux tdm 64 man with random spawns and ofc no flags so no running circles. all other new maps and more new maps 24/7 fog against snipers. i want to run and gun but the maps are too open.

old games where empty and not filled maps but these new dlc maps also empty 1 sniper fest. i want a jungle. or maps like bad company 2 with so many trees.
  • TheNoobPolice
    1131 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha Member
    Not enough players, and a matchmaking system that was designed to have many more players active than the game does (or will have.)

That's what's wrong with Operations.

Solutions are removing either 64 player or 40 player and having just one size (such as 54 player) and improving the matchmaking system to simply put you in queue for a full server, rather than putting you in an empty one.
  • SgtQman19
    30 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    About 80% of the time when I try joining an operation match w/ 64 players it puts me in an empty lobby. Basically rendering the multiplayer useless since operations is the only mode I enjoy. Are other people having this issue? Pretty sad this defect has been around since launch. I would mark this a showstopper. Who wants to play in an empty lobby?
    Ping - 11 ms
    Download - 119 mbps
    Upload - 6 mbps

My machine is pretty maxed out and I don't have any matchmaking issues on other games.
    Just by your comment I can see you are new to Battlefield. Operations is a new game mode in the Battlefield franchise and not popular. I would suggest Conquest or Rush. They are far better and more fun. So get on the battlefield and have fun!!! ;]
  • lllIIIllIIllII
    48 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    SgtQman19 wrote: »
    Ping - 11 ms
    Download - 119 mbps
    Upload - 6 mbps

Just by your comment I can see you are new to Battlefield. Operations is a new game mode in the Battlefield franchise and not popular. I would suggest Conquest or Rush. They are far better and more fun. So get on the battlefield and have fun!!! ;]

I wouldn't say Operations is not popular. I would wager that the matchmaking system is abysmal and doesn't allow players to find Operation matches.

I love Operations, but since it's not in the server browser it's a crap shoot to find a match. That's the problem with it.
  • Klisejo
    6 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    My Platoon used to play then nightly. We'll launch with a party of 10, and can usually fill up base game ops in 10-15 minutes of waiting. Now DLC ops we have had absolutely zero luck with after they killed off Premium friends that first week. Have yet to play devils anvil since the patch.
  • NamelessForNow
    813 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    May update is supposed to address all the operations problems
  • Bazmattaz
    40 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    I even tried launching operations from quickmatch. It again put me in an empty lobby. Epic fail

This happened me the other evening - everything empty - tonight first game i tried was full with players! weird
  • Mord-Vi
    447 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    Bazmattaz wrote: »

This happened me the other evening - everything empty - tonight first game i tried was full with players! weird

It's because it searches your local region, and if the servers are full, instead of queuing you, it creates an entire new round. It's built on the assumption that the game is super popular and everyone plays it. Unfortunately, that's not the case with this franchise on the PC. They'll be addressing these issues.