A default setting of BF1 server browser is improper.

BF1_INM
2 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
edited May 2017
I think a default setting of BF1 server browser is improper.
Only a server of official server setting is found by a default setting of the server browser now.
Server browsers have to be the means to find a custom setting server, not the means to find an official setting server.
Because to use a "quick match", the player who requests an official setting server doesn't use a server browser.
(This is the case that I buy RSP and actually feel most.)
BF1 is too severe to a custom setting server. BF1 should be made the same setting as a server browser of BF4 (the web browser age).

Request:
Server browser should indicate all servers by initialization(Like a server browser of BF4.)
Post edited by BF1_INM on

Comments

• mya-fa-mya
    2 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    I borrow it from a server rental start, but am an agreement in the opinion mentioned above.
    Because a custom server is not displayed by a browser, it becomes only the server of the same setting only different in a map for the moment.
    Because variety of the precious setting does not make sense in this, I think that the custom server should be displayed by a browser.
  • llll-Rogue-llll
    66 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha Member
    Totally agree, The browser by default should show all servers in region, then after that you use the filters to find the server setting you want !
  • Rombibombii
    573 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    A few days ago I started messing around with the filters in the Server Browser. That was the moment I realised, finding custom servers is nearly impossible unless you already know the server.

When I wanted to find the servers from fellow clans I used their clantag to find them, using the filters to reach the same effect took me a few minutes. To make matters worse, once there is an RSP update the default settings change. At least, this was the case the last few times. Now we've got this auto aim option added, by default it is set to a different mode than official servers. Meaning that custom servers once again, became more invisible.
  • maruchaZERO
    1 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    As it stands now, the use of custom settings means a server will not show up in the browser. The server filters are also unintuitive and difficult to use. Could we have the server browser include rental servers even if they are running with custom settings?
    There also seem to be too many official EA servers. This affects the search/filter process, and I think EA should consider significantly reducing the number of official servers.
  • CrashCA
    952 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Especially as most appear as empty
  • Px-Progdogg
    442 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    November - server browser do show them, just need to filter, im looking at improving the filtering options to make it essier

November - In a sense we already passed the previous experience, and when we are done lets have another talk :-)

March- It's part of the RSP push coming! soon soon!

April - We are going to rework how the filters work, its very unintuitive and clumsy right now, I hope to be able to share more soon!

So as you can see, the server browser fixes have been on the radar for a while now. Still the same as when it started. What @SemperFi-HonorNL is experiencing is how the server browser works, you have to set everything to "No-value" before you can start applying filters, which is time consuming. Battle log was much better and they should have based it on that.
  • CedarOfLebanon
    604 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    custom servers used to be found through the filter by name option in the browser.... now filter by name is broken and most custom servers are empty because of that
  • Rombibombii
    573 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    November - server browser do show them, just need to filter, im looking at improving the filtering options to make it essier

November - In a sense we already passed the previous experience, and when we are done lets have another talk :-)

March- It's part of the RSP push coming! soon soon!

April - We are going to rework how the filters work, its very unintuitive and clumsy right now, I hope to be able to share more soon!

So as you can see, the server browser fixes have been on the radar for a while now. Still the same as when it started. What @SemperFi-HonorNL is experiencing is how the server browser works, you have to set everything to "No-value" before you can start applying filters, which is time consuming. Battle log was much better and they should have based it on that.

Time consuming it certainly is, but to make the obvious point here. Nobody is willing to spend some time trying to filter this much. Even more worse, the current server browser has a learning curve so to say. Which is ridiculous, it should be easy to find servers, not hard.
  • Axlerod1
    1353 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    DICE doesn't want players making custom servers.
    DICE doesn't want players to play anything but normal mode conquest servers.
    No Hardcore, no operations, no TDM, no pistol & knife only, no bolts only, no super high tick rates, just normal mode conquest 64 player servers.
  • CrashCA
    952 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    edited May 2017
    And numbers continue to drop.
  • CrashCA
    edited May 2017
    Hmm and the May Update, you know the new monthly thing. Soon™
    EDIT: just got Update Notes, NOTHING for RSP :(
  • MadMaxandMACO
    553 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Since I have downloaded the update the server browser shows no server whatsoever. With any browser settings is the same, "no server found". Is 5 hours now, and no matter what I try, same result. All my fav and recent are deleted. I can't play.
    Does anyone have the same problem?
  • paramaru23game
    1 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    I'm Japanese so I can't write English well...
    But, I have to write about current BF1's problem! I want you to know that I have BIG PASSION for BF1!! Please employ interpreter and actor, and please know my passion.

DICEよ、俺はBF1を愛している。BF1でもっと楽しみたい。BF1でもっと遊びたい。BF1の可能性をもっと知りたい!だが、現状はどうだ!?サーバーのバリエーションは少なく、チーターは蔓延り、プレイヤー人口は減ってしまってるではないか!!!なぜこうなった!?なぜ俺達の愛するBF1はこうも廃れてしまったのだ!?BF1はもっと盛り上がるべきゲームであるはずなのに!!!こんなことになってしまって俺達はとても悲しい!!!DICEの皆さん、あなた方を責めるつもりはこれっぽっちもない。DICE社員がBF1を理想のものにするため、日々汗と涙を流して最善を尽くしてくれていることを知っている。俺達はそれにとても感謝している。だが、もう少し俺達の理想にも耳を貸してはくれないか?俺達のBF1に対する情熱を知ってはくれないか!?もっとBF1を改善するために俺達にも協力させてはくれないか!?いや、させてくれ!!!俺達もBF1をもっとより良くしたい!!!
    もう一度言う。俺は、いや、俺達はBF1を愛している。だからお願いだ、BF1のカイゼンに俺達の意見も取り入れてくれ。このフォーラムをもっと活用してくれ。

DICEの皆さん、よろしくお願いします。

以上。

Thank you for your kind attention.
  • KoRoGiN_1912
    1 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    I am writing this sentence using the Google translation from Japan. I'm sorry.
    I agree with the above opinion as a player playing with rental server.
    The managers of the rental server operate a server by paying a high price to the dice.
    Why do dice hide their existence from many players when they change rules?
    I can not understand.
    I want to play in a more unusual rules.
    It is wrong to fool the user that management was paying money.
    I would like to see the custom server in the normal server browser.
    Otherwise, the rental server can not collect people.
  • Jaskaman
    635 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Official servers could be removed totally from the server browser.
  • BF1_INM
    The bug which can't do a filter by a server browser at present occurs.
    But this is also the situation that we were hoping ironically.
    A RSP server is bustling with influence of this bug very much.
    When this situation continues, the user who buys RSP would increase.
    I want this fact to notice EADICE.
    I'd like to play by the wonderful rule considered originally.
  • -Antares65z
    1586 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    BF1_INM wrote: »
    The bug which can't do a filter by a server browser at present occurs.
    But this is also the situation that we were hoping ironically.
    A RSP server is bustling with influence of this bug very much.
    When this situation continues, the user who buys RSP would increase.
    I want this fact to notice EADICE.
    I'd like to play by the wonderful rule considered originally.

Hmmmmm. *scratching my head trying to make sense of this*
  • CedarOfLebanon
    604 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    In my opinion all servers should be shown as default in the browser...
  • CrashCA

Hmmmmm. *scratching my head trying to make sense of this*

Bad translation app, likes the bug allowing Custom server in browser, I believe.

• BF1_INM
    When the item of everything is made a blank column, all servers including a custom server are indicated.
    I think this state is in the true default state.

EADICE think well, please.
    We can participate in an official server using a quickstep match.
    Therefore there is no meaning to search for an official server by a server browser.
    I keep buying it all the while after a RSP server is begun.
    But when the server is made custom setting, players don't gather because of a server browser.
    I'm demanding to use official setting.

I'm not buying a RPS server to make a server of official setting.
    I want you to consider in order to do more free custom setting.