Garbage in, Garbage out

PegasusR7
67 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
I complained about poor game play last month. I was replied to, stating that it was network code issue. I don't know about this stuff, wasn't required when I purchased the game. All I know is this, I bought the game expecting it to "Play Fair". Well it doesn't. If network code is a problem, why not fix it? Am I suppose to play in ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ poor matches and not enjoy the game? Or am I suppose to unplug the game and wait for the email from Dice telling me that it is fixed?
  • Shoot an enemy 5 times with a shotgun and not kill him, but he turns on you and kills you with one shot.
  • Fire a field gun into the structure to open a hole in the wall for access. The shot disappears into oblivion with no report, damage, explosion.... nothing.
  • Shoot an enemy in the back as he runs by, he turns on you and during the gun fight, your screen locks and freezes. Not allowing me to turn, fire, lay down, toss a grenade, etc...
  • When waiting in Que lobby for start of game, I select "Tracked Metals" but the response I get is that there are no metals available.
  • Recently, there was 1/2 of a uniform soldier running in the window, stayed there for several minutes. Later in same game, "invisible" allied team mate ran by. Heard the footsteps, saw a fence gate open, but no avatar.

Is reporting this to forums and not getting advice on fixes really an efficient way to make improvements on this game?

Comments

• HardAimedKid
    11386 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Rev probably hates us but he is so damn smart..
    @Rev0verDrive
  • C_Belles
    286 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    What's your average ping? And what system are you on?

I haven't had any of these problems on PS4 except for the tracked medals. However they load up in less than 5 seconds.
  • Rev0verDrive
    6761 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    PegasusR7 wrote: »
    I complained about poor game play last month. I was replied to, stating that it was network code issue. I don't know about this stuff, wasn't required when I purchased the game. All I know is this, I bought the game expecting it to "Play Fair". Well it doesn't. If network code is a problem, why not fix it? Am I suppose to play in **** poor matches and not enjoy the game? Or am I suppose to unplug the game and wait for the email from Dice telling me that it is fixed?
    • Shoot an enemy 5 times with a shotgun and not kill him, but he turns on you and kills you with one shot.
    • Fire a field gun into the structure to open a hole in the wall for access. The shot disappears into oblivion with no report, damage, explosion.... nothing.
    • Shoot an enemy in the back as he runs by, he turns on you and during the gun fight, your screen locks and freezes. Not allowing me to turn, fire, lay down, toss a grenade, etc...
    • When waiting in Que lobby for start of game, I select "Tracked Metals" but the response I get is that there are no metals available.
    • Recently, there was 1/2 of a uniform soldier running in the window, stayed there for several minutes. Later in same game, "invisible" allied team mate ran by. Heard the footsteps, saw a fence gate open, but no avatar.

Is reporting this to forums and not getting advice on fixes really an efficient way to make improvements on this game?

Asking the community is always step 1. Some of us just might know what the issue is. From there you jump over to the "other" media outlets the Devs use. Twitter and Reddit.

99.9999% of your bullet points are covered in 2 threads.
    https://forums.battlefield.com/en-us/discussion/105245/ping-latency-jitter/p1
    https://forums.battlefield.com/en-us/discussion/58255/hit-detection/p1 ...preferably start on Page 62
    Rev probably hates us but he is so damn smart..
    @Rev0verDrive

Lol, Nah you guys are aight. You do lead me to a lot of misinformation posts/threads.
  • PegasusR7
    Today, it is playing worse than ever. If latency is a problem, why do other players not get a bad game once in a while? Between two ISP's, I should get a good game once in a while. To meet a shotgun challenge, I need 15 M97 shotgun kills in one game. This is not realistic. I am using all 5 shots in the gun, and it is not defeating the opponent. It is hard to get two consecutive kills the way the game is operating. To achieve 15 M97 kills to reach a shotgun challenge is not obtainable on my console.
    Also, there is a medal challenge and it requires a top 5 game. I don't even remember if I had a top 5 game since I bought and played this game, since November. Again, this game plays so bad, that it is not enjoyable.
  • Lordclaw
    80 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha Member
    First thing 15 kills with a shotgun is not that hard to do,instead of playing TDM ,try playing conquest-I see alot of players have no problems getting that many kills. If your getting latency issues,try rebooting your modem..even if you are hardwired.Also with the latest update for the game,don't go to quick match,always look for the closet server to your region to join. This in turn will help prevent lag.

Good luck.
  • Rev0verDrive
    6761 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Today, it is playing worse than ever. If latency is a problem, why do other players not get a bad game once in a while? Between two ISP's, I should get a good game once in a while. To meet a shotgun challenge, I need 15 M97 shotgun kills in one game. This is not realistic. I am using all 5 shots in the gun, and it is not defeating the opponent. It is hard to get two consecutive kills the way the game is operating. To achieve 15 M97 kills to reach a shotgun challenge is not obtainable on my console.
    Also, there is a medal challenge and it requires a top 5 game. I don't even remember if I had a top 5 game since I bought and played this game, since November. Again, this game plays so bad, that it is not enjoyable.

There is a random no reg bug in the current retail version. It's fixed in the next patch. Just a few more days....sit tight.
  • PegasusR7
    edited June 2017
    It's still garbage in, garbage out. So tired of getting one or two kills, then waiting for my respawn... Now the avatar whips out the melee weapon mid firing of my main weapon.
  • SDHSH
    138 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member

It wasn't until rank 70ish that I was able to get a top 5 score in a CQ or OP game (WP and TDM are easy to do that in). This was my first console fps since early BF3 days and started playing in February; so I was behind the curve in terms of strategy and skills.

This game is the hardest to get used to, imo. The shooting takes many shots to kill for many guns, compared to previous BF games. Also, the ohko sweetspot snipers.

This is a rough game, man. Just gotta get your butt beat until you understand what to do to other players.
  • PegasusR7
    So tell me, if my bulletts pass through the body of the opponent and they don't register on the server, how is that skill related (and OK to get my butt beat) ? What am I suppose to do, spit on the opponent??????????
  • Dogwoggle11
    2678 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    So tell me, if my bulletts pass through the body of the opponent and they don't register on the server, how is that skill related (and OK to get my butt beat) ? What am I suppose to do, spit on the opponent??????????

It's what we all do. It works.
  • PegasusR7
    I'm tired of hearing crap!!! Developers sitting on their ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ on the west coast, earning 6 digit salary's, sitting in air conditioning, fixing MY game via the internet or telephone. If Ea/Origin/DICE/Frostbite and whoever else puts their name on this product really cared about tough problems, they would put an engineer or two on a plane and send them to the east coast. Maybe they would learn something, become a better company with betters products, and more customers would be happy!
  • Djoenz
    726 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    I'm tired of hearing crap!!! Developers sitting on their **** on the west coast, earning 6 digit salary's, sitting in air conditioning, fixing MY game via the internet or telephone. If Ea/Origin/DICE/Frostbite and whoever else puts their name on this product really cared about tough problems, they would put an engineer or two on a plane and send them to the east coast. Maybe they would learn something, become a better company with betters products, and more customers would be happy!

Bahahahahahaha Ea/Origin/Dice AND FROSTBITE! Thanks for the laughs bro!
  • PegasusR7
    * Yeah, scratch Frostbite
  • Zooboid
    926 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member

I hated that M97 challenge, until Frontline s Argonne came along. The M97 was so inconsistent but I managed it. Position and loads of back shooting. Stick with it the reward is worth it.
  • bapman63
    935 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    I complained about poor game play last month. I was replied to, stating that it was network code issue. I don't know about this stuff, wasn't required when I purchased the game. All I know is this, I bought the game expecting it to "Play Fair". Well it doesn't. If network code is a problem, why not fix it? Am I suppose to play in **** poor matches and not enjoy the game? Or am I suppose to unplug the game and wait for the email from Dice telling me that it is fixed?

I'm with you OP, this is a daily occurrence for me.
    Along with spawning with weapons only with a few rounds in them, getting shot around corners. Here's a new one, when a person with a pistol points their weapon at me, my primary won't fire,,,, how's that for a kick I the mommy daddy buttons.
    It sucks but I wind up just server hopping in the hopes of finding one where everything works as advertised
  • BoWinston
    954 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Hit reg really stinks since the June patch for me and I play only on US West or East servers where my latency is less than a 100.

Enemies were teleporting, I got revived and my character was stuck convulsing in a nearby wall where I then had to redeploy to continue playing, shot a guy with M95 Gewehr at about 20 meters dead center just above his belly button and no hit reg, pulled triggered again and then got a hit, pulled trigger third time and got the kill only after he pulled his trigger on his rifle twice and we trade killed which should never have happened. Shot another guy 3 times with my M95 and he absorbed the shots and while I was reloading then died with about a 2 second lag after being hit from my third shot.

It feels like it has gotten worse.
  • RRedux
    754 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Have they "fixed" something with hit registration again? Once again, a lot of times when I shoot people or use gadgets/grenades right before I die, they vanish into nothing. Like it used to for a very long time. Then they fixed it, but now its broken again.
  • Dogwoggle11
    2678 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    RRedux wrote: »
    Have they "fixed" something with hit registration again? Once again, a lot of times when I shoot people or use gadgets/grenades right before I die, they vanish into nothing. Like it used to for a very long time. Then they fixed it, but now its broken again.

You mean kill trade? Well, yeah. You know how it works; some people cried, then DICE listened to them, and they changed it. Now you won't see any kill trades within 20m. Stupid? Indeed. But some tears are more powerful than reason.
  • MayorMarionBarry
    2045 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    Hit reg and rubber banding are so much worse after june patch. Ive seen so many threads like this. Can anyone confirm if Dice acknowledges any issues on console post patch? Because things got decidedly worse.
  • sg2434
    3826 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    Necroooooooo
    @StarscreamUK
This discussion has been closed.