Kill trading isn't the problem, it's the shoddy netcode

13»

Comments

  • A_Cool_Gorilla
    1374 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    edited May 2017
    TheGM86 wrote: »
    So, gameplay is a meaningless word as well? Game engine is another meaningless word?
    Gameplay tells right upfront what it is. Netcode is not a thing. deal with it.

    You uh... You gave me a "I'm right, you're wrong" response. Topped with a "deal with it" cherry! It's almost perfect.

    Netcode tells you what it is as well. Netcode = Network Code = Code related to networking. It's a fabulous word, and I can see why Dice uses it.
  • 0SiGHT0
    455 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    TheGM86 wrote: »
    So, gameplay is a meaningless word as well? Game engine is another meaningless word?
    Gameplay tells right upfront what it is. Netcode is not a thing. deal with it.

    You uh... You gave me a "I'm right, you're wrong" response. Topped with a "deal with it" cherry! It's almost perfect.

    Netcode tells you what it is as well. Netcode = Network Code = Code related to networking. It's a fabulous word, and I can see why Dice uses it.

    Yep, I don't see why some are trying to turn this into a semantical argument. DICE refers to it so how can it not exist?
  • TheGM86
    757 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Netcode tells you what it is as well. Netcode = Network Code = Code related to networking.
    No. Netcode = made up term by some youtuber people latched onto.
    0SiGHT0 wrote: »
    Yep, I don't see why some are trying to turn this into a semantical argument. DICE refers to it so how can it not exist?
    Dice also used to put netcode in quotation marks when addressing changes because they didn't know what the hell people were talking about. also it's headclip not headglitch.

  • von_Campenstein
    6565 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    It's the weekend again and I expect to hit nothing, for some reason my shots register less during this period of the week, no I'm not drunk.
  • A_Cool_Gorilla
    1374 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    TheGM86 wrote: »
    0SiGHT0 wrote: »
    Yep, I don't see why some are trying to turn this into a semantical argument. DICE refers to it so how can it not exist?
    Dice also used to put netcode in quotation marks when addressing changes because they didn't know what the hell people were talking about. also it's headclip not headglitch.

    "Used to". They've now adopted the word.

    https://www.battlefield.com/news/update-notes/spring-update

    It not only describes network related technologies as a whole, but the word itself also implies exactly what it means. There's not a single argument that invalidates this.
  • TheGM86
    757 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    "Used to". They've now adopted the word.

    https://www.battlefield.com/news/update-notes/spring-update
    Yeah that is why I typed used to, sprinkles. "But muh Buzzwerds"
  • 0SiGHT0
    455 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    TheGM86 wrote: »
    "Used to". They've now adopted the word.

    https://www.battlefield.com/news/update-notes/spring-update
    Yeah that is why I typed used to, sprinkles. "But muh Buzzwerds"

    I mean you could just say it simply, the game is made like a POS compared to the ones from years ago. Fits netcode and a bunch of other things in there as well.
  • A_Cool_Gorilla
    1374 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    TheGM86 wrote: »
    "Used to". They've now adopted the word.

    https://www.battlefield.com/news/update-notes/spring-update
    Yeah that is why I typed used to, sprinkles. "But muh Buzzwerds"

    Meaning your point is irrelevant.
  • TheGM86
    757 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Meaning your point is irrelevant.
    Made it more relevant since people around here obviously have poor reading comprehension as shown by your post.
  • A_Cool_Gorilla
    1374 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    edited May 2017
    TheGM86 wrote: »
    Meaning your point is irrelevant.
    Made it more relevant since people around here obviously have poor reading comprehension as shown by your post.

    I think you got it backwards. How about you read the last few posts again?


    I'll try and help you out.
    TheGM86 wrote: »
    0SiGHT0 wrote: »
    Yep, I don't see why some are trying to turn this into a semantical argument. DICE refers to it so how can it not exist?
    Dice also used to put netcode in quotation marks when addressing changes because they didn't know what the hell people were talking about. also it's headclip not headglitch.

    "Used to". They've now adopted the word.

    https://www.battlefield.com/news/update-notes/spring-update

    Dice adopting the word = Dice currently using the word. The point I'm making here, is that Dice now uses Netcode amongst their own vocabulary, and naturally... whether or not they used it in the past becomes irrelevant.

    The argument at its core is whether or not "netcode" is a meaningless buzzword. This argument was laid out here:
    TheGM86 wrote: »
    Problem is there is no such thing as netcode. it's a meaningless buzzword.

    The aspect I tackled here was that this word did indeed have meaning behind it.

    The link I posted shows patch notes which uses "Netcode" as a header for all changes relating to their networking technologies. This link was provided to illustrate their usage of the term, as well as the usefulness of the term. Notably, this term was used as a header to describe the section below it.

    I argued that Netcode has a meaning to it, much like "game engine" does. To describe a collection of systems as a whole, which in the case of netcode, describes the networking systems as a whole. This definition was supported by Dice's usage of the same term. In the example of the page notes, it was used to effectively convey what the section as a whole would be about. It's likely that Dice chose this term, because the average user also shares this same definition, further emphasizes the usefulness of it.

    By the very nature of language, if a word conveys the same concept amongst multiple people, then that word has successfully managed to hold meaning. Therefore, "Netcode" cannot possibly be meaningless... and furthermore, a word with meaning is indeed a word (shocking!).

    I hope I cleared things up for you.
    Post edited by A_Cool_Gorilla on
  • disposalist
    8442 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    edited May 2017
    Language changes. Humans barely did more than grunt a few thousand years ago.

    I'm all for the correct and precise use of language. That does not exclude change. New words are often pragmatic and as long as they are clear and logical, then they are fine.

    Someone look up "pedant".
  • SirSpectacle
    750 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Language changes. Humans barely did more than grunt a few thousand years ago.
    And a quick visit to any internet forum will show you that 90% of humans haven't progressed beyond grunting.

  • fyifu
    70 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha Member
    TheGM86 wrote: »
    Netcode tells you what it is as well. Netcode = Network Code = Code related to networking.
    No. Netcode = made up term by some youtuber people latched onto.
    0SiGHT0 wrote: »
    Yep, I don't see why some are trying to turn this into a semantical argument. DICE refers to it so how can it not exist?
    Dice also used to put netcode in quotation marks when addressing changes because they didn't know what the hell people were talking about. also it's headclip not headglitch.

    People were using the word netcode in 1999, it's not as new as you think
  • 0SiGHT0
    455 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Shouldn't be a semantical argument when DICE itself uses the term. The game has severe problems, I was just playing yesterday and on numerous occasions the enemies I kill traded with were either running at me or not even looking in my direction and i get a kill, then half second later somehow it's a trade. With under 30 ping in every game, I should not be getting this.
Sign In or Register to comment.