Notice that only Assaults have 100x service stars?

Halcyon_Creed_N7
1546 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
Anyone else notice that only Assault players have thousands of kills with certain weapons?

Today in 3 games I saw multiple level 100+ players with tons of service stars on:
Hellreigel
Automatico
Model 10-A

That's it. No 100x service stars on the SMLE, BAR, M1907 Sweeper or any other "best" in class weapon. Is this "proof" that Assault is the easiest class and those weapons are the easiest in that class?

And furthermore is this evidence that DICE messed up by rock-paper-scissors balancing BF1 when ultimately CQC is seemingly king?

Comments

• AllOutWar76
    2607 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    My platoon leader has 100 stars with the sweeper.
  • GalaxyCoyote405
    83 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    I have 100 service stars on the al8 marksman.
  • Phthinein
    3643 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha Member
    Assault is the most played class for one.
    I see 100 stars on the SMLE and BAR a lot, I never see them on the SL Sweeper because it's garbage.
    I see 100 stars on the RSC, mondragon, AL8 .35 all the time.
    Honestly the rock paper scissors balancing wasn't the best idea because people play cqb mostly.
    Granted most of the people here seem to play a more ranged style.
  • TEKNOCODE
    11616 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
  • Phthinein
    3643 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha Member
    TEKNOCODE wrote: »

To be fair, he's a special breed.
    I can't remember his name but someone here also has 100 stars on the 1906.
  • Desyatnik_Pansy
    1484 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I've seen plenty of 100 Stars on other guns. I would agree that of those I've seen, the most common were Assault, but it's definitely not "only" Assault. I feel like I'm a decent example.. y'know, considering.
  • kespec
    244 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    edited May 2017
    i just feel sorry for those 100star guys
  • Phthinein
    I've seen plenty of 100 Stars on other guns. I would agree that of those I've seen, the most common were Assault, but it's definitely not "only" Assault. I feel like I'm a decent example.. y'know, considering.

Stop changing your name.
    I keep thinking your name is something about ponies.
  • Desyatnik_Pansy
    1484 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited May 2017

I love the fact that we posted pretty much seconds apart and so I didn't see this initially.

But mfw you can't even remember my name.
    10793586.gif

Stop changing your name.

I haven't changed my name at all. ;x;

Also, no idea where the ponies come from.
  • MayorMarionBarry
    2045 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    kespich wrote: »
    i just feel sorry for those 100star guys

Thank you for your sympathies.
    It's always good to know people feel for you :)

*100 Stars on the M.95
  • ad_matthew
    175 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Anyone else notice that only Assault players have thousands of kills with certain weapons?

Today in 3 games I saw multiple level 100+ players with tons of service stars on:
    Hellreigel
    Automatico
    Model 10-A

That's it. No 100x service stars on the SMLE, BAR, M1907 Sweeper or any other "best" in class weapon. Is this "proof" that Assault is the easiest class and those weapons are the easiest in that class?

And furthermore is this evidence that DICE messed up by rock-paper-scissors balancing BF1 when ultimately CQC is seemingly king?

17,000+ kills with the Lewis Suppressive for me
  • Phthinein

I love the fact that we posted pretty much seconds apart and so I didn't see this initially.

10793586.gif

Stop changing your name.

I thought it was destiny pony...
    The thing with the pony must have come from derpy.
    At least I remembered you and your glory.
  • Desyatnik_Pansy

10793586.gif

Stop changing your name.

I thought it was destiny pony...
    The thing with the pony must have come from derpy.

To be fair, atleast it's "Destiny Pony". I've had a few people say my name wrong before, but normally it's just them saying "Desyatnik" wrong or something, but I've also had someone read my name as "Destiny Panties". He was either reaaaalllllyy wrong, or trying to troll or something but it just ended up turning into a bit of a joke on that forum instead.

Coming from Derpy though, I'm not surprised. :p
    At least I remembered you and your glory.

Atleast someone remembered other than Crabman.
    c9hMSGM.png
  • realistalive
    606 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    I remember, btw the 1906 is absolutely sick. Ran out of ammo with my weapon, picked up someone's gold 1906, it was my first time using it and I managed to go on a decent killstreak with it.
  • HardAimedKid
    11386 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    No more stars for my MH :(
  • Desyatnik_Pansy
    I remember, btw the 1906 is absolutely sick. Ran out of ammo with my weapon, picked up someone's gold 1906, it was my first time using it and I managed to go on a decent killstreak with it.

How dare they be using any other skin than the Falkenhayn. >:L
  • Halcyon_Creed_N7
    1546 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member

Yeah, it was hyperbole to get my point across. Of course there are players with other 100x service star weapons, but the VAST majority are those weapons. Like, it's not even remotely close, but the strange part is is that Assault usage isn't that much higher to cause these disproportionate numbers. This is all anecdotal evidence.

I'd love to see BF tracker do a "most service stars" type of thing on weapons.
  • realistalive
    606 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    No more stars for my MH :(

Why not?

• AllOutWar76
    2607 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    https://battlefieldtracker.com/bf1/leaderboards/all/Kills/weapon/7d987b4e-a08c-41ad-a68b-245fbb5b10ef

And that's just the first LMG on the list. Change it to any weapon you want and you can see the people who have 100 service stars. On that link alone there is one guy who technically has 514 stars with the BAR storm
  • crabman169
    12849 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    I've seen players with 100 service stars with lmgs in NOVEMBER

Things I haven't seen with 100 services stars
    - Cel Riggitio
    - Auto 5
    - That's pretty much it

Fun fact; if they've only got 10 000+ kills with the one weapon you know they most likely won't be good at anything else

(Hell im service staring every variant just so I know how it can perform and learn to counter it)