Why not a longer respawn timer for numerically imbalanced teams?

Halcyon_Creed_N7
1546 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
I think a simple way to help with numerically imbalanced teams e.g. one team has more players than the other would be to increase the respawn timer 5 seconds or so for every 4 players that are missing/in excess. I think this would give the underdog team a fighting chance at capping a flag or two after killing some enemies. It's so hard to stage a comeback, IMO, when one team has like 10 more players and they take all the flags immediately, and then they just respawn on their squadmates before they can be killed themselves.

And I don't know how the auto balance works, but I've personally seen 29-31 player teams fill out before 24 player teams so it's 32 v 24. Seems totally counterproductive.

I don't know, just a thought.

Comments

• disposalist
    9009 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha Member
    edited May 2017
    It's one of a load of things they could but don't do to help with balance. It's the most fundamental issue of the game - I really don't know why they don't try more things in this area.

- Allocate teams based on who is loaded not who is loading
    - Stop team switching to anything but smaller/losing team (it's INSANE you can switch to the larger/winning team)
    - System to ease switching when one team loses players
    - Incentivise switching teams when enemies lose players
    - Split random squads when teams are balanced

Etc. etc.
  • XXxx_ABH_xxXX
    573 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    This is actually a good idea friend. An easy one too.
  • TomBabmo
    192 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha Member
    edited May 2017
    Stop team switching to anything but smaller/losing team (it's INSANE you can switch to the larger/winning team)

If teamswitching to smaller team is possible, then I wonder why did I get notification saying that teams would become unbalanced and I couldn't switch that one time I tried to get to same team with a friend. Haven't been switching teams that much otherwise.
  • CR15CGS
    145 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    No way, spawn times are already brutal, I sit there frantically pressing A to get back in, it's not the players fault the teams are not numerically balanced sometimes, so shouldn't suffer for it.

It is an issue occasionally though, mostly comes from players switching teams or scared of getting a defeat if they're starting to get beat. It's always when one team gets to about 30-40 points ahead, then you see the numerical imbalance. Just do away with team switching altogether.
  • Halcyon_Creed_N7
    1546 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    CR15CGS wrote: »
    No way, spawn times are already brutal, I sit there frantically pressing A to get back in, it's not the players fault the teams are not numerically balanced sometimes, so shouldn't suffer for it.

It is an issue occasionally though, mostly comes from players switching teams or scared of getting a defeat if they're starting to get beat. It's always when one team gets to about 30-40 points ahead, then you see the numerical imbalance. Just do away with team switching altogether.

Isn't it? You could switch to the smaller team if it doesn't matter.

And without switching at all I think this problem might actually be worse because more players would straight up quit when they're losing as they'd get the loss anyway, but without wasting their time. But this is kind of moot considering that this problem is really only a big deal at the start of new rounds when usually the last team that lost quits en masse, causing these imbalanced teams. And once one team gains the momentum it's hard to reverse it.