Behemoths, the good, and the not so good.

2»

Comments

• blindsniper63
    2453 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member

05.11 using the enemy Fortress gun on G flag,wrecking the Behemoth Dreadnought. Taking one turret out at a time just disabled the ship lol.
  • snakeater418
    306 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    That's what I mean, Empire's Edge is the worst for the behemoth. There are fortress guns, torpedo boats, planes, and tanks that can all pretty much decimate it as soon as it gets within range. Fao Fortress is a little better, but there are quite a few field guns to deal with on the fortress. But ultimately I believe it's the torpedo boats that make the dreadnaught useless. Worse yet, they don't really serve any other purpose than destroying the ship, except maybe transporting. No one really uses them to fight anything else. That being said why are they so well equipped? I would say to limit 1 (or 2 max) boat per team and give them only 1 torpedo each. Not really fair that the boats can get 'under' the ship's main guns where they can't be hit, then be in the front where the anti-air cannons can't see or aim to hit them. Something should be done.
  • ThePackman627
    160 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    That's what I mean, Empire's Edge is the worst for the behemoth. There are fortress guns, torpedo boats, planes, and tanks that can all pretty much decimate it as soon as it gets within range. Fao Fortress is a little better, but there are quite a few field guns to deal with on the fortress. But ultimately I believe it's the torpedo boats that make the dreadnaught useless. Worse yet, they don't really serve any other purpose than destroying the ship, except maybe transporting. No one really uses them to fight anything else. That being said why are they so well equipped? I would say to limit 1 (or 2 max) boat per team and give them only 1 torpedo each. Not really fair that the boats can get 'under' the ship's main guns where they can't be hit, then be in the front where the anti-air cannons can't see or aim to hit them. Something should be done.

I remember my first game on Fao Fortress and I went on a 10 killstreak destroying other boats with my torpedo boat
  • Baasdreumes
    801 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    Only strange the torpedo boats carry 100 torpedo.s to reload if not more :/
  • ChannonJ
    173 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    I think they're generally good, but it would be better if that guy driving the dreadnaught would at least move it, instead of just throwing artillery out. It just means that all the other weapons on the ship are far out of range or don't have line of sight.

Basically move the bloody ship so all the guns can rain the pain.

Other than that, I say they're all fine!
  • snakeater418
    306 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Basically what it all boils down to is that the success of a behemoth rests on the driver. Get a good driver and they can turn the game around. Get a bad one, and they'll probably lose the behemoth in record time. That being said I would like to see some sort of voting system to switch the driver if the rest of the crew agrees.
  • OG-N2rock
    1788 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    Basically what it all boils down to is that the success of a behemoth rests on the driver. Get a good driver and they can turn the game around. Get a bad one, and they'll probably lose the behemoth in record time. That being said I would like to see some sort of voting system to switch the driver if the rest of the crew agrees.

That would be so nice. I think we've all landed in the train on Suez and the driver never moved out of spawn. Or the dreadnaught on Fao, and again the driver never moved out of spawn. Those people need to be removed from the driver position.
  • Baasdreumes

The driver in train and ship have mortar canon so they dont need to move... change the weapon and the ship and train move :p
  • ChannonJ
    173 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    20Pizza88 wrote: »

The driver in train and ship have mortar canon so they dont need to move... change the weapon and the ship and train move :p

But then no one would drive them. With the train they can at least get some momentum, then switch and fire mortars. Switch back to driving, move a bit more, throw some more mortars.

The train will keep moving while they are sending out rounds, so there is no need for it to sit still just to fire mortars.

But the weapons are part of the problem, but a bad driver really spoils it. As has been said, should let the other 'seats' kick them.
  • MrJayPee71
    209 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    When you say 'bad driver' - it's a bit tricky getting better with such little opportunity to practice. I've never driven one. The thought of getting spawned in as driver and narsing it right up would give me a nose bleed to be honest. So how do you get better? Trial and error? Bad drivers and pilots and helmsmen could just be the guys having a massive paddy.

Behemoth driving school. That's what I want!
  • OG-N2rock
    1788 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    JayPeee71 wrote: »
    When you say 'bad driver' - it's a bit tricky getting better with such little opportunity to practice. I've never driven one. The thought of getting spawned in as driver and narsing it right up would give me a nose bleed to be honest. So how do you get better? Trial and error? Bad drivers and pilots and helmsmen could just be the guys having a massive paddy.

You learn by getting lucky and landing in the driver seat, and then figure out how to make it move. Priority #1 first time in the driver seat is to figure out how to move/control it. Unfortunately too many people get in that first time, and instead of learning the controls, just automatically start using the weapons while they sit back in the spawn.
    But just getting the driver seat requires so much luck. I've been playing since launch, and in that amount of time:
    Piloted the airship once
    PIloted the Train 3 times
    Piloted the Dreadnought twice
    Never driven the Tank

• snakeater418
    On the note or practice, they really should bring back a training ground or firing range with 1 or each vehicle, including behemoths. That would at least give even the newest players a chance to learn without having to drag a whole team down.

On the voting thing, it should take the majority of the behemoth crew to oust them from the driver seat. Maybe not actually kick them all the way out, but instead just switch them to a different seat. Either way would be a change for the better. The only bug about it would be if you got a whole squad in the thing except for you and they all just ganged up to get another squad mate in it instead of you. I feel as though it would have to be based on whether the driver is actually trying to do good. I'm sure that will never be a thing as it seems as though it would be very complicated to implement.
  • Greeny_Huwjarz
    4137 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    I don't know why this is not done, but surely DICE could put up some training videos onto home page. Like they do now with some map tips.

It would not be that hard to put up videos of

1. tactics for using the behemoth and making it effective
    2. why it is important to defend objectives
    3. How to be a squad leader and get more points
    4. How to sit in a corner with a Model 10A for an entire game
    5. How to snipe across the map when a team of enemies is taking a flag literally 20 meters behind you

I may have made those last two up ;-)
  • snakeater418
    I think it would be a good move for the future of this game. It is very frustrating to have to learn on the go with everything. There should be a tutorial for each vehicle, each behemoth, and each class. There is already kind of a tutorial for how to play each game mode, although it's not very detailed.
  • MrJayPee71
    209 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Adding some more meaningful tips on the loading screens, we do have enough time to read them there :#
  • llIBertIll
    523 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    OG-N2rock wrote: »

You learn by getting lucky and landing in the driver seat, and then figure out how to make it move. Priority #1 first time in the driver seat is to figure out how to move/control it. Unfortunately too many people get in that first time, and instead of learning the controls, just automatically start using the weapons while they sit back in the spawn.
    But just getting the driver seat requires so much luck. I've been playing since launch, and in that amount of time:
    Piloted the airship once
    Never driven the Tank

Agreed. In just over 500hrs I've only managed to drive the tank once and it was pure luck that I just spawned in and started to move and it spawned on top of me. Never managed to pilot any other behemoth.
  • Baasdreumes
    llIBertIll wrote: »
    OG-N2rock wrote: »

Piloted the airship once
    Never driven the Tank

Agreed. In just over 500hrs I've only managed to drive the tank once and it was pure luck that I just spawned in and started to move and it spawned on top of me. Never managed to pilot any other behemoth.

I saw the trick when i died.. on the map you see a formation of blueberries rushing toward where the behemoth comes from they hop in before its available to spawn in.. some even camped waiting on the train :(
  • IIRogueMachineII
    1337 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Think all of them are pretty useless but the char2c is probably the best. The dreadnaught is pretty useless and not much fun if you're not the driver with the massive gun. Also pretty ineffective. The armoured train is ok but doesn't have an impact across the whole map because it's a train. The Zeppelin is the 2nd best imo because at least it can cover the map but the gun positions are easy to destroy or be sniper off of. The Char2c is the best as it can cover the entire map and has devastating fire power and is probably the hardest to take down due to its mobility. Just my opinion. Makes you wonder what the In the name of Tsar behemoths are going to be like.
  • snakeater418
    I would think that they will mostly be the same. At the very least the train will be one since the original armored train was used by the Russians in WW1.