Talk about latency, jeez....

diagoro
981 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
edited June 6
Been wanting to see what the experience would be like, playing from Southern California in Asian servers.

Usually nothing comes up, but today it finally did. Kinda odd the only guy talking was also American. But check those latencies! I was still at 100, which is just higher than if I was playing East US.

Edit : The image upload didn't originally work, but linked it here. 805 have latency over 100, and several were over 500, but game felt great.

http://imgur.com/gallery/3lZ25

Comments

• Ok_B00mify
    75 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    I blame the Brazilians. They have been making a mess of servers since BF3.
  • 7CHESI7
    11 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    edited June 8
    Dude , there's bad lag in the us east servers as well . Higher than normal pings . I unloaded rounds and rounds but no hit reg. Hopefully dice will clear this up soon.

East US servers are horibble right now after the May patch. I'm using the Planes most times now, and yesterday I got uncontrollable random speeds no hit msrks, then kicked and I have an average of 55-70 latency most times. After the May update it has been trashy experience . But now, latency and packet loss are randomly going high, to then back to normal. Is it only me then?? I was not like this before the update.
  • FireteamRED
    112 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    7CHESI7 wrote: »
    Dude , there's bad lag in the us east servers as well . Higher than normal pings . I unloaded rounds and rounds but no hit reg. Hopefully dice will clear this up soon.

East US servers are horibble right now after the May patch. I'm using the Planes most times now, and yesterday I got uncontrollable random speeds no hit msrks, then kicked and I have an averge of 55-70 latency most times. After the May update it has been trashy experience . But now, latency and packet loss are randomly going high, to then back to normal. Is it only me then?? I was not like this before the update.

Honestly, I experienced this issue on yesterday as most was reporting it here. This has cleared up for me and the game is back to running normal for me.
  • Apocalypse4805
    73 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member

East US servers are horibble right now after the May patch. I'm using the Planes most times now, and yesterday I got uncontrollable random speeds no hit msrks, then kicked and I have an averge of 55-70 latency most times. After the May update it has been trashy experience . But now, latency and packet loss are randomly going high, to then back to normal. Is it only me then?? I was not like this before the update.

Do you know that for certain or are you speaking only of your experience? I am asking because I am getting the best ping from the East servers but my experience has been awful. I am what feels as behind other players in live time. As if I am a second or two behind where they are and I get dropped instantly. It sucks... I went back to playing Star Wars Battlefront just so I could again get the experience of a game behaving the way it should. I had forgotten what it was like to play a responsive game. I really hope that if the US East Servers are specifically having issues that they fix it quickly, as I am done playing until this mess gets sorted out. I can completely forgive bugs at launch but at this point in the release...? I'm guessing that nothing will change until the next month, and then thats hoping they address what ever issue or bug is specifically affecting you. I just really wish I had not gotten Premium as it seems they game won't be in a good state for a higher percentage of players for the foreseeable future. Lesson learned.
  • xxShiftyxxx
    204 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    I believe they are still getting issues @mischkag in the US after update.
  • PRESIDEN7_TRUMP
    105 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    Ok_B00mify wrote: »

Brazilians usually play in East US because it has more mature players. Also because of DLC maps...there are always full DLC servers in East US.
  • PRESIDEN7_TRUMP
    105 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    diagoro wrote: »
    Been wanting to see what the experience would be like, playing from Southern California in Asian servers.

Usually nothing comes up, but today it finally did. Kinda odd the only guy talking was also American. But check those latencies! I was still at 100, which is just higher than if I was playing East US.

Edit : The image upload didn't originally work, but linked it here. 805 have latency over 100, and several were over 500, but game felt great.

Next time make a screenshot at the end of the round.

• diagoro
    981 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member

What's the difference? High pingers dropping before end of round?
  • PRESIDEN7_TRUMP

High pingers performance in game, compared to low to medium ones.
  • Ok_B00mify
    75 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member

Brazilians usually play in East US because it has more mature players. Also because of DLC maps...there are always full DLC servers in East US.

Well they have their own servers, which would be full if the actually used them.
  • diagoro

Well they have their own servers, which would be full if the actually used them.

I recall when they added them during BF4.....didn't make a difference. The servers remained full of BR squads and players (based on logos and names).
  • StarscreamUK
    4600 postsMember, Moderator, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha Moderator

xenophobic comments are not welcome here. You are suspended for 1 month.

• diagoro

High pingers performance in game, compared to low to medium ones.

I recall looking towards the end of the round, most the really high pingers had much worse kill/death ratios.

That said, the issue isn't just k/d, it's game/server quality for all players.
  • moosehunter1969
    556 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member

xenophobic comments are not welcome here. You are suspended for 1 month.

That's not a xenophobic comment, a ban is s very harsh.
  • dbasshooker
    100 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    edited June 9
    I believe they are still getting issues @mischkag in the US after update.

Yes! I live in middle US and ever since this last update the US servers have been very bad! Yellow bars all the way. It has never been this way for me, all other games other than BF work great and my internet is fast! People can say it's on my side but I know it's the game servers.
  • dbasshooker
    100 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    edited June 9

East US servers are horibble right now after the May patch. I'm using the Planes most times now, and yesterday I got uncontrollable random speeds no hit msrks, then kicked and I have an average of 55-70 latency most times. After the May update it has been trashy experience . But now, latency and packet loss are randomly going high, to then back to normal. Is it only me then?? I was not like this before the update.

It's not only you. I'm having the exact same issue. This has been a mess since last update! You explained it perfectly!
  • dbasshooker

I'm done playing until Dice fixes the US servers.
  • mischkag
    214 postsMember, Developer
    @dbasshooker: It would be nice to see a video of this with netgraph enabled. you should not run into packet loss randomly. but i need to see whats going on to invstigate that. Thx
  • Mishkin37
    305 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    I live in NYS with decent Internet and had a 200 ping on a US East servers last night. I'm usually at 25-35. Maybe last night was an aberration, because that's the 1st time I experienced that.