Talk about latency, jeez....

Comments

• dbasshooker
    100 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    edited June 10
    mischkag wrote: »
    @dbasshooker: It would be nice to see a video of this with netgraph enabled. you should not run into packet loss randomly. but i need to see whats going on to invstigate that. Thx

I don't have a video and don't know about a netgraph. I live in Kansas, USA, and it seems like west servers are better with green at times but east servers are always yellow. Like other are saying everything was fine before the last update. Please read above comments from others and look at the other servers posts issues for they all seem similar after update. Seems like it could be something with location in middle USA with servers to east and west. Are there any servers in the Mid US?
  • GunSHEEP
    12 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    edited June 11
    I'm seeing the same issue. Netgraph isn't showing anything. Nice and smooth, no dropped packets. Yet my experience on west servers is way better. I wish i could filter the east servers out of the quickmatch.

Also, anyone else notice how bad the spawn points have gotten in team deathmatch? I keep getting spawned in the same exact location where I just got kill. And I can't spawn on the squad...you know why??? CAUSE THEY ARE IN THE SAME SPOT!

Oh, and last, but hardly least. Massive differences in scoring between the winning and losing teams in team deathmatch. One I was in the losing team had 36 kills. I'm seeing many of these games where the losing team doesn't have one person that has a positive K/D. I'd love to believe that they suck that bad, but then I end up on that side of the server. Yeah, the other side is winning big cause it's almost impossible to kill them.

So yeah, the patch has made this worse....unplayable worse...
  • KaiserVonGrauer
    25 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    As a West Coast player, I can say since the update that for all base Conquest maps, there are very few servers visible in the server browser. I filter using available slots 1-5, 6-10, all base maps, North America. I'll sort by ping and have to refresh 10-15 times before I see a single West Coast server. My latency on the West Coast servers is 12-25 but if I jump on an East Cost server, it's usually 65-95 and not worth it.

There's plenty of West Coast TSNP servers but they're miserable with map voting.
  • SH1GGLES
    732 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    7CHESI7 wrote: »
    Dude , there's bad lag in the us east servers as well . Higher than normal pings . I unloaded rounds and rounds but no hit reg. Hopefully dice will clear this up soon.

East US servers are horibble right now after the May patch. I'm using the Planes most times now, and yesterday I got uncontrollable random speeds no hit msrks, then kicked and I have an averge of 55-70 latency most times. After the May update it has been trashy experience . But now, latency and packet loss are randomly going high, to then back to normal. Is it only me then?? I was not like this before the update.

Honestly, I experienced this issue on yesterday as most was reporting it here. This has cleared up for me and the game is back to running normal for me.

Same here starting yesterday. I usually run in the 20-40 range but now I get spikes above 100 that last for a few seconds and normalize again. Happens several times each game.
  • Halcyon_Creed_N7
    514 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    XB1 here. I just finished a game on Argonne on East US servers where my normal ping was 18-25 every time I checked it, but I'd get random INSANE lag spikes where the little network symbols would say my ping was 450-670.

One particular time I was at B flag trying to run up the stairs next to the boiler going towards C and an enemy threw an incendiary and I kept being pulled down/getting stuck halfway up the steps until I just fell over dead from what I assume was bullet damage and a 670 ping symbol popped up. Checked my ping immediately afterwards and it was at 20. Quit the game and ran Speedtest like 8 times and everything came back normal.

Don't know if it's the EA servers or an Xbox problem.
  • Mearen1911
    113 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha Member
    XB1 here. I just finished a game on Argonne on East US servers where my normal ping was 18-25 every time I checked it, but I'd get random INSANE lag spikes where the little network symbols would say my ping was 450-670.

One particular time I was at B flag trying to run up the stairs next to the boiler going towards C and an enemy threw an incendiary and I kept being pulled down/getting stuck halfway up the steps until I just fell over dead from what I assume was bullet damage and a 670 ping symbol popped up. Checked my ping immediately afterwards and it was at 20. Quit the game and ran Speedtest like 8 times and everything came back normal.

I have similar issues and have FIOS. My ping is 11 max, my speed is exactly what it should be and I'm wired. Other games don't have these issues. It's not on my side. I just had a game where my screen was stuttering and nothing but lag. It's Sunday and the servers have been getting worse since Friday for me and the group I play with.
  • SH1GGLES

Definitely EA/DICE. With each new update and patches to fix the updates they drive their heads futther up their butts

• BermudaKla
    3 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    I'm usually around 50 but for whatever reason been in the 20s the last couple days. Kinda sucks tho I'm getting killed more??
  • diagoro
    981 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    edited June 12
    As a West Coast player, I can say since the update that for all base Conquest maps, there are very few servers visible in the server browser. I filter using available slots 1-5, 6-10, all base maps, North America. I'll sort by ping and have to refresh 10-15 times before I see a single West Coast server. My latency on the West Coast servers is 12-25 but if I jump on an East Cost server, it's usually 65-95 and not worth it.

There's plenty of West Coast TSNP servers but they're miserable with map voting.

I've posted the same experience several times, usually get quickly dismissed. No idea how I can get 40 east coast servers regularly show up, but only one or two west coast. Maybe that's why they run smoother, there are fewer to lag out the system/connection.

@mischkag , can you offer any insight? There are far too many times when zero US West servers come up, and it takes minutes of spamming the refresh button to find one.
  • Avengers9
    2 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    i run east and west servers, ping runs anywhere for100 to 400 have had it go to 500 with in sec's, on the norm its runs anywhere from 25 to 35, and i am from kansas another reason i run east and west servers, needs a fix quick or i may have to buy Call Of Duty ;)
  • SH1GGLES
    Another problem since the last update is all East coast servers are 2 bars/yellow and my ping is 20-40. All West coast servers are 3 bars/green and my ping is in the 70-80 range. Before the update both coasts were maxed out green.
  • stilscratchin
    39 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    England UK here since the patch it's been awful, feels like bf3 bf4 instant death after shooting first.
  • BGHFlakjacket
    1018 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    Ok_B00mify wrote: »
    I blame the Brazilians. They have been making a mess of servers since BF3.

Quoted for truth
  • BGHFlakjacket
    1018 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    I played a couple of games today that had my ping listed at 0.....everyone else had normal. I will say that I have been consistently under ten since the last patch and usually run around 3 to 5 ping.
  • xxShiftyxxx
    204 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    It's because they are taking all the good servers for BFSW2. @mischkag is the only DICE employee working on BF1 now.
  • StarscreamUK
    4600 postsMember, Moderator, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha Moderator
    Ok_B00mify wrote: »
    I blame the Brazilians. They have been making a mess of servers since BF3.

Quoted for truth

Then you can have the same punishment.
  • mischkag
    214 postsMember, Developer
    The low reported latency is a bug in the calculation at low pings. We are quite a big team still working on BF1. Servers used are not affected by other games EA works on.
  • ShelteredWalrus
    2 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    I live in Tennessee and usually play on East US servers but for the past few days I have had at least 500 ping on any server I join(even worse on other countries). I have bought premium for this game and if it doesn't get fixed soon I better get a refund for the game and premium.
  • SupremeEpidemic
    412 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    I have bought premium for this game and if it doesn't get fixed soon I better get a refund for the game and premium.

Dont hold your breath.
  • GhiIIyintheMist
    55 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    SH1GGLES wrote: »
    Same here starting yesterday. I usually run in the 20-40 range but now I get spikes above 100 that last for a few seconds and normalize again. Happens several times each game.

This... ^^^^^^ I average around 10 latency but get random lag spikes like clockwork where is will hit 200+ for a few seconds. I wont be able to move at all. It's gotten me killed a lot. Never happened before the spring update.