Which BF game's unlock system is more "addicting"?

Halcyon_Creed_N7
1546 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
Now that BF1's Battlepack system seems to be at or near its final evolution how do you like it compared to BF4's Battlepack system?

I personally much preferred the BF4 system. I liked that Battlepacks were obtained regularly through ranking up and getting service stars and that the unlocks supplemented the unlocks obtained from progression. It was cool to open a BP and see a late progression attachment for one of your favorite weapons, it was also nice to have a few attachments for rarely used weapons so you didn't always have to start from scratch. I'll admit that I spent a fair amount of money on BF4 Battlepacks, but not one cent on BF1's.

In BF1 you have to wait for the right revision and then it's RNG to get a Battlepack and finally more RNG to get the weapon skin you want. Or you can hope that the skin you really want is put in the exchange and then you could drop thousands of scraps on them.

Anyway, what are your guys's thoughts?

Comments

• BigF33t_13
    6839 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha Member
    Sigh.............
  • Z3ROKD
    165 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    BigF33t_13 wrote: »
    Sigh.............

Why even bother comenting.

To OP i dont really care for battlepacks or customization. Its always nice to unlock something new but wouldnt pay for skins that nobody else sees.

Didnt play too much bf4 so didnt really notice how tbey handled battlepacks.
  • AaronTheZombie
    584 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Now that BF1's Battlepack system seems to be at or near its final evolution

I hope that isn't true. The Battlepack/Revision system in BF1 is absolutely horrendous. I don't know if they thought it would work better then it does, if it was simply rushed and not enough time went into planning the system out, or if it was done for pure greed. Although, there is only one real reason why they don't make skins available for individual purchase with scraps: DICE would rather have you spend money on Battlepacks than make a system that is fair to players. It feels like they saw CS:GO and said let's do that but in an even sleazier way that limits what players can do.

BF4's system was much better and is probably the gold standard so far. You get a Battlepack when you rank up, what's inside is random, you keep what you get, and you can never get the same stuff twice. There are different rarity's but overall it doesn't matter. Simple, easy, and fair. By the time you reach a certain level, you'll have everything. The camo system in BF4 was also infinitely superior to BF1's. There are about 130 different weapon camos in BF4 and they can be put on every single weapon in the game. There were also about 3 dozen player camos which I miss so much. BF1 almost feels like half a game sometimes with it's lack of content.
  • HardAimedKid
    11386 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Progression systems and unlocking stuff has never been my thing. I wouldn't mind at all if it was all unlocked as soon as I put the game in lol
  • ZumbiSnatch
    2688 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Hardline for sure. Before going legendary I would spend my in game cash to buy hundreds of gold battle packs and sell my attachments and boosters for cash . Going legendary starts you over meaning you have to buy all weapon attachments again and unlock class mastery weapons again like the .300 knockout.
  • boutneus
    2483 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    I'm fine with the BP system if it wasn't 4 the rediculous superrares. Why even put skins in there if they are pure unobtanium. Stupid
  • MiningChief117
    28 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    Addictive*
  • Radious1987
    511 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Bf1 has the worst system. Except skins pretty much nothing to unlock. On other hand i didnt liked copies of same attachments in bf4.....hey 2 same grips, hey 4 same silencers.....

But from BF1 i really miss my own weapon customisation, those presets took big part of spirit from toying with guns for me.
  • iransports
    119 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    BF1 battlepack system is amazing.

1) I never liked a system that gives high ranked players an extra advantage over lower ranks. It would be more fun to play at an equal playing field.

2) Collecting skins is a lot of fun. Always looking to get battlepacks with new items to try to complete the collection -not counting super rares tho :(
    Also the whole exchange and puzzle pieces. Dice really nailed it with this one.
  • Private_UMPalot
    4234 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    Bad Company 2.

Because, Bad Company 2.
  • crabman169
    12849 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Wait you actually bought bf4 battlepacks?

Yeah I'm sorry you can not complain about BF1's battlepacks.

Bf4 battlepacks contained:
    - fricking emblem shapes
    - Fricking soldier pictures
    - Fricking 25, 50, 100, 200% xp boosts (useless at max rank)
    - Camos you'll use once or never
    - Soldier uniform camps that you'll use once or never
    - Attachments (literally the only way to get 80% of the attachments for each gun)
    - knife reskins

Bf1 battlepacks contain:
    - skins/camos
    - Reskinned melee weapons
    - Squad xp boost
    And here is the best part
    - you can scrap stuff you don't want to get another battlepack

Both were rewarded free in game just by playing; bf4 threw them at you every second. Hell I haven't played bf4 since August 2016 and I had 10+ battlepacks waiting for me on battlelog.

I'm sorry but grinding out 510 kills trying to get an ONE attachment for a weapon you most likely won't use after 500 kills isn't an example of a good system.

Bf1 battlepacks mean nothing. You can play the game just fine having never opened one; the dude that just spent $1000 trying to get a stupid gold tank skin is no better off then you (worse off actually because he actually bought Battlepacks)

~
    Why does no one ever praise Hardline's battlepacks? You had the emblem and portrait crap but you also had specific xp boosts (which was handled horribly in my opinion), unlock vouchers for attachments, paints and uniforms, actually varying and meaningful camos and melee weapons; even a weapon license voucher that let you skip the 1000? kill requirement to use faction weapons on the opposite faction (e.g m16a3 was a cop weapon; you needed 1000? Kills to be able to earn the weapon license and use it on the crimanal team but with this voucher you could skip it and use it as a criminal weapon without ever having used it)

Whilst you could buy battlepacks with actual money; you could use the in game currency/point system to buy as many as your game bank account would let you. $50 000 in game cash got you 5 gold battlepacks and you could scrap stuff for cash (the point system was the cash; cap a flag for 200 points? You just made $200)

~
    If you are ever bored of bf1 and bf4 or the fact you've already unlocked everything in bf4 so your complaints about bf1 are moot; try out hardline. You should be able to pick it up for $20 max.

Look past the theme and play it for what it is; a solid fps game that would keep any completionest, progressive grinder etc happy
  • kespec
    244 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    i can't lie, i enjoyed bf4's weapon specific battlepacks.
  • SirBobdk
    5379 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited June 2017
    Well what to say. At level 110 you hardly get any Battlepacks and never any bonus. And if you get a bonus it's always a XP boost and what you need at this level is a puzzle piece.
    Thanks for new melee veapons without any opportunity to unlock them.
    But beside that I like the new system until level 110.
  • gets__tilted
    1705 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    crabman169 wrote: »
    Wait you actually bought bf4 battlepacks?

Yeah I'm sorry you can not complain about BF1's battlepacks.

Bf4 battlepacks contained:
    - fricking emblem shapes
    - Fricking soldier pictures
    - Fricking 25, 50, 100, 200% xp boosts (useless at max rank)
    - Camos you'll use once or never
    - Soldier uniform camps that you'll use once or never
    - Attachments (literally the only way to get 80% of the attachments for each gun)
    - knife reskins

Bf1 battlepacks contain:
    - skins/camos
    - Reskinned melee weapons
    - Squad xp boost
    And here is the best part
    - you can scrap stuff you don't want to get another battlepack

Both were rewarded free in game just by playing; bf4 threw them at you every second. Hell I haven't played bf4 since August 2016 and I had 10+ battlepacks waiting for me on battlelog.

I'm sorry but grinding out 510 kills trying to get an ONE attachment for a weapon you most likely won't use after 500 kills isn't an example of a good system.

Bf1 battlepacks mean nothing. You can play the game just fine having never opened one; the dude that just spent $1000 trying to get a stupid gold tank skin is no better off then you (worse off actually because he actually bought Battlepacks)

~
    Why does no one ever praise Hardline's battlepacks? You had the emblem and portrait crap but you also had specific xp boosts (which was handled horribly in my opinion), unlock vouchers for attachments, paints and uniforms, actually varying and meaningful camos and melee weapons; even a weapon license voucher that let you skip the 1000? kill requirement to use faction weapons on the opposite faction (e.g m16a3 was a cop weapon; you needed 1000? Kills to be able to earn the weapon license and use it on the crimanal team but with this voucher you could skip it and use it as a criminal weapon without ever having used it)

Whilst you could buy battlepacks with actual money; you could use the in game currency/point system to buy as many as your game bank account would let you. $50 000 in game cash got you 5 gold battlepacks and you could scrap stuff for cash (the point system was the cash; cap a flag for 200 points? You just made $200)

~
    If you are ever bored of bf1 and bf4 or the fact you've already unlocked everything in bf4 so your complaints about bf1 are moot; try out hardline. You should be able to pick it up for $20 max.

Look past the theme and play it for what it is; a solid fps game that would keep any completionest, progressive grinder etc happy

I'm with you. Hardline is a great game. I still cant see why it got a bad rap.
  • SirBobdk
    5379 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    @Jayremie570 wrote;
    I'm with you. Hardline is a great game. I still cant see why it got a bad rap.
    Nothing wrong with the game, the concept was just wrong for BF player base.
    Police and robbers are not interesting for a long time BF player.
  • TheGM86
    944 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    I find the idea of having to unlock things to annoying. I wants what I wants and I wants it now.
  • SirBobdk
    TheGM86 wrote: »
    I find the idea of having to unlock things to annoying. I wants what I wants and I wants it now.
    Agree
  • hawcer
    3289 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    edited June 2017
    Progression systems and unlocking stuff has never been my thing. I wouldn't mind at all if it was all unlocked as soon as I put the game in lol

vanilla weapon tier unlocks are fine....DLC add on's should be available as soon as the download and install is finished. Purchased content shouldn't have to be unlocked.I bought it, give it to me. Especially when slubs can purchase the unlocks for the vanilla weapons.

I have BF1 so I can play....I don't need to grind toward anything, especially when it really doesn't mean anything once you get there.
  • AKBear12
    446 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    edited June 2017
    Battlefield Hardline has the best unlock system ever, basically you get in game currency by scoring points in multiplayer and spend them on whatever attachments and guns you want to unlock, you can use the rest on battlepacks which can also be unlocked by getting ranks and Service stars.
  • Halcyon_Creed_N7
    1546 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    crabman169 wrote: »
    Hardline is garbage.

Its insanely low TTK and terrible map design evoke Call of Duty more than Battlefield. It's just a COD knock-off with a Battlefield skin. And yes, the premise of Cops v Robbers is also terrible. The single player is garbage as well. Hardline is not a good game, IMO.

Not gonna play a bad game to unlock stuff...