Star Wars Battlefront 2: Official Gameplay Trailer

Vespervin
1205 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
edited June 2017

Papa Palpatine might still live? That's got me the most excited.

More videos:

Post edited by Vespervin on

Comments

• 68Keif
    4628 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    edited June 2017
    Game looks great

Free dlc too!!!!
  • DevilsBathtub
    823 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    looks great, pity all the HUD and spotting will make it look like crap.
  • Vespervin
    1205 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    edited June 2017
    Gameplay videos now in the first post.
    Post edited by Vespervin on
  • HonestSoul333
    1402 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    Looks a lot like BF1. Which could be good. Looks like there will be content this time around too.

Im still catious though​. Hope it turns out good, but not buying until i know for sure.
  • crabman169
    12841 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Clone troopers phase 1 & 2

• Vespervin
    Another video added.
  • Coffeecup132
    542 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Member
    MrUpvote wrote: »
    Game looks great

Free dlc too!!!!

Free dlc? Whoa gotta read more about this
  • 68Keif
    4628 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Game looks great

Free dlc too!!!!

I believe that's what they said. Maybe the season pass thing is going away.
  • crabman169
    12841 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Game looks great

Free dlc too!!!!

Yep all maps, modes, heroes and weapons are free for everyone that buys the game. SWBF2 will be a one off purchase

There will be microtransactions (the irony never fails to amuse me) in the form of shortcut kits and maybe cosmetic but only shortcut stuff is confirmed so far
  • Vespervin
    Apparently the DLC is free and you can purchase your way through progression. I don't mind this as long as the player base isn't split.

Paid progression doesn't bother me because going against someone who earned it vs someone who bought it doesn't change anything to me. Except that the former might be better at the game than the latter player.
  • Coffeecup132
    edited June 2017
    Is it true that base game content from Battlefront 1 will be carried over to Battlefront 2 as well? Kinda saw someone mentioned this in the SWBF forums.
  • HonestSoul333
    1402 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    edited June 2017
    Vespervin wrote: »
    Apparently the DLC is free and you can purchase your way through progression. I don't mind this as long as the player base isn't split.

Paid progression doesn't bother me because going against someone who earned it vs someone who bought it doesn't change anything to me. Except that the former might be better at the game than the latter player.

As long as you can earn it legitly i don't care. If it turns out something like CoD AW and BO3's supply drop system where its all random snd you can only get it from drops, that you might as well pay for, then we might have a problem....
  • Vespervin
    edited June 2017
    Vespervin wrote: »

As long as you can earn it legitly i don't care. If it turns out something like CoD AW and BO3's supply drop system where its all random snd you can only get it from drops, that you might as well pay for, then we might have a problem....

I agree. I hate it when they lock content behind "supply drops" in order to make you play or pay more. For example I really wanted the PKM in MWR but I wasn't go to play for 100 hours to get it nor was I going to use real money. Every item must be attainable by completing in-game tasks.

Added another video.
  • crabman169
    Forums is you want
    https://battlefront-forums.ea.com/categories/the-next-star-wars-battlefront

Off topic meme thread is amazing
  • Vespervin
    I never liked those forums. But I'm sure this thread will be locked and we'll be told to go there, just like what happened long ago with a different Battlefront topic.
  • Coffeecup132
    edited June 2017
    I can post there even if they want me to - haven't owned the game yet.

Sorry if I am derailing to the current SWBF 1 - need your opinions:

SWBF Ultimate edition is on sale for $10. Below are a few factors that I am considering:

1) Current online players is about 5000 - which will get less after SWBF 2 (unless of course if SWBF2 became a big screw up and they come back
    2) Heard in the grapevine that content from SWBF base game will be in SWBF2(?), though haven't heard anything if the current dlc content will make it to SWBF 2 as well. Death Star dlc is the only dlc I'm interested in, but is not supported in skirmish, which is my wish when the online population diminishes.

But, $10 for the ultimate edition is still dirt cheap regardless (what can I get for $10 of the streets?)

Need opinions on whether I should get it or not - and other facts which may prove the ones above wrong or in addition to it
  • Professor_Memes
    1139 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    Looks pretty good honestly. I'll wait until it's out of course but I'll keep my eye on it.
  • Vespervin
    I can post there even if they want me to - haven't owned the game yet.

Sorry if I am derailing to the current SWBF 1 - need your opinions:

SWBF Ultimate edition is on sale for $10. Below are a few factors that I am considering:

1) Current online players is about 5000 - which will get less after SWBF 2 (unless of course if SWBF2 became a big screw up and they come back
    2) Heard in the grapevine that content from SWBF base game will be in SWBF2(?), though haven't heard anything if the current dlc content will make it to SWBF 2 as well. Death Star dlc is the only dlc I'm interested in, but is not supported in skirmish, which is my wish when the online population diminishes.

But, $10 for the ultimate edition is still dirt cheap regardless (what can I get for $10 of the streets?)

Need opinions on whether I should get it or not - and other facts which may prove the ones above wrong or in addition to it

If I were you I would just wait until SWBF II.
  • Coffeecup132
    edited June 2017
    Dammit, I bought it anyway

I'm trying to justify myself that since I tend to buy games at least a year after release hoping for discounts/bugs to be ironed out/listening to players' reviews - it will be some time before I will get SWBF2. So I will keep myself busy playing with the remnant playerbase until then

Well, at least that is what I am trying to justify to myself (and its only $10) :p
    Post edited by Coffeecup132 on
  • HonestSoul333
    Looks pretty good honestly. I'll wait until it's out of course but I'll keep my eye on it.

Basically this