In the name on the Tzar RELEASE / wtf dice why

SFSeventh
266 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
Let's address the elephant in the room. DICE why in the name of god are you delaying the DLC's so much ?? I really like the game, don't get me wrong but there is a severe lack of content. Two free maps and NO new weapons and no new skins or anything that could count as ingame content is NOT gonna keep the playerbase happy until September. You need to push some new stuff to us because replaying the same content since launch isn't getting any more fun. They shall not pass playlists are almost empty at this point so there is no searching for fun there.
I'm loyal to this franchise since BF2142 and BF4 being my favourite i hate seeing BF1 not following in it's footsteps with the dlc releases. BF4 was fresh content all the time, BF1 is stale at the moment so please reconsider your dlc release plans (even if you are most likely not going to).

Comments

• smizdeazy
    81 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    In before everyone gets salty at your post, pointing out the new night maps, and weapon varients we received. But, I agree with you, it's too long to wait to release the next dlc
  • SFSeventh
    266 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    smizdeazy wrote: »
    In before everyone gets salty at your post, pointing out the new night maps, and weapon varients we received. But, I agree with you, it's too long to wait to release the next dlc

Yeah i know it's gonna be a saltfest but ok. It took me less than a month to unlock the 4 variants wich was not fun, it was tedious grinding with 4 very bad weapons.
    The 2 free maps look cool and all but they are gonna be left to rot pretty fast like Giant's shadow. I try to speak on the behalf of everyone who got premium and got shafted until september. The game lacks content already. June, july and august without any major stuff is gonna be very very bad. I like the game but i'm running out of stuff to do very fast as i play this game very often.
  • Rename010101
    198 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Is it going to be 2 years after launch before all DLC is released? I love this game but my goodness they are chasing people away.
  • bran1986
    5590 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    CoryA7X wrote: »
    Is it going to be 2 years after launch before all DLC is released? I love this game but my goodness they are chasing people away.

No third dlc is in December and the fourth dlc is early 2018
  • boutneus
    2454 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    Mwah it's summer. I'd be complaining if wintertime
  • BenzenForReal
    434 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    edited June 2017
    boutneus wrote: »
    Mwah it's summer. I'd be complaining if wintertime

Told myself the exact same thing. So much to do and so much to drink this summer...

I really tought it was going to be released in June and I really wanted to reach lvl 110 before Tsar. Well, I guess it will give me time to reach that level cap.
  • BigF33t_13
    6649 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha Member

Yep. Have you been living under a rock?
  • SFSeventh
    BigF33t_13 wrote: »

Yep. Have you been living under a rock?

fk this its gonna get tideous before more contend drops. RIP playerbase
  • ExoskeIett
    168 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I always wonder why ppl care bout those DLCs anyways, i mean Battlefront II is on its way already so why keep hanging around in a game that barely gets content cuz the majority of the studio is working on new games anyways?

Ive played BF1 for like 200 hours i dont really feel like i need to buy any kind of DLC cuz newer and better games with more content are coming up anyways - like are people really paying for 2-4 maps every half year another full prize of premium? Really?
    They are just throwing Battlefronts and Battlefields out on the market, before like half of the dlcs arrive a new game comes up that brings completly fresh air onto a gamings desk - so i really have to ask what makes u pay for DLCs at all?

Its like having call of duty every year comes a new one out, once the main game is burned theres no reason to buy any extra content cuz the extra content comes for the prize of premium in a almost complete new game o.O
  • stlboss
    208 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    Ins4n31tY wrote: »
    I always wonder why ppl care bout those DLCs anyways, i mean Battlefront II is on its way already so why keep hanging around in a game that barely gets content cuz the majority of the studio is working on new games anyways?

Ive played BF1 for like 200 hours i dont really feel like i need to buy any kind of DLC cuz newer and better games with more content are coming up anyways - like are people really paying for 2-4 maps every half year another full prize of premium? Really?
    They are just throwing Battlefronts and Battlefields out on the market, before like half of the dlcs arrive a new game comes up that brings completly fresh air onto a gamings desk - so i really have to ask what makes u pay for DLCs at all?

Its like having call of duty every year comes a new one out, once the main game is burned theres no reason to buy any extra content cuz the extra content comes for the prize of premium in a almost complete new game o.O

And i have to ask you...why must you be a cheapskate?Get a Job you bum and you wont feel like 50 bucks is a big deal for a one time purchase.In your eyes dice should just give all dlc for free because of the release delays and lack of content so you say.
  • UglyNoah
    1236 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Lol @RIP playerbase

It is a shame that dlc 1 has been so unsuccessful, it may change the way I feel about premium next time. BUT if holding back new releases to fix the numnerous bugs, I'd be content. Although the bugs NEED to be fixed for me to feel content
  • SFSeventh

50 euro is not a small amount of money when you have to work for it. Also i dont give a crap about battlefont, it looks like trash just like its predecessor.
    What makes me pay dlc ? The fact that maps arent free, and the fond memories of bf4 dlc's being very good.
  • SFSeventh
    I would prefer for them to delay it as much as they need to produce quality results than rush them into deliverig bugged content. You teenager have no patience.

Never talk about patience when it comes to an EA/DICE game. Its more than half a year since release and the game in bug infested to this day while also being unbalanced to such an extent it makes you question what are they actually doing in those studios. We waited around half a year for BF4 to be even close to playable so dont leture me about patience.
    Stop defending their bad practices and see the game for what it truly is. SHALLOW !
  • B_FRESH618
    57 postsMember, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    Let's address the elephant in the room. DICE why in the name of god are you delaying the DLC's so much ?? I really like the game, don't get me wrong but there is a severe lack of content. Two free maps and NO new weapons and no new skins or anything that could count as ingame content is NOT gonna keep the playerbase happy until September. You need to push some new stuff to us because replaying the same content since launch isn't getting any more fun. They shall not pass playlists are almost empty at this point so there is no searching for fun there.
    I'm loyal to this franchise since BF2142 and BF4 being my favourite i hate seeing BF1 not following in it's footsteps with the dlc releases. BF4 was fresh content all the time, BF1 is stale at the moment so please reconsider your dlc release plans (even if you are most likely not going to).

exactly. my main concern is the player base
  • LOLGotYerTags
    12617 postsMember, Moderator, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Moderator
    why keep hanging around in a game that barely gets content cuz the majority of the studio is working on new games anyways?

Different teams work on different games.

Just because work is being done on swbf 2 does not mean the majority of the studio has quit working on bf1.

DICE have multiple teams working on many different ip's.
  • No_Other_xD
    499 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    September​? Don't worry bro, Shadow of War is almost here xD
  • Ameeba37
    1753 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Yeah I agree with OP here, the DLC packs are being released waaay too slowly. It's like they are intentionally trying to get rid of some of the playerbase during these ridiculously long gaps.

BF4 was released in October as well, and by the following year's July, four expansion packs had been released already. Same time period with BF1 and whoops, only one DLC is out...

It's a shame really because BF1 really needs that new content as it didn't even have that much to begin with.
  • defcon_hostile
    489 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    Unfortunately I agree with you @StarFearSeventh. When I get stuck into a game, I pretty much play that exclusively if I enjoy it, so am probably a marketing man's worst nightmare. Sneaking suspicion that long delays between content drops are engineered so that we get bored & buy more games.
    Accountants always run the job; they already cashed in on BF1 with season passes etc. Revenue from the map pack sales in a shrinking playerbase will be minimal compared to that from a shiny new title, irony being that faster resolution of "issues" & dlc, playerbase would be healthier.
    And unusually this early, I am starting to find the game tedious, & find myself looking about for something different. Map voting introduced more repetition, & did not seem to be addressed in the May update, which makes me think that actually the bean counters are calling all the shots.
  • inlisaiah
    12 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    edited June 2017
    well in of the tsar is coming 6 maps and 11 weapons and i hope that dice will add free weapons along with the maps and i dont have any bug problems and if talking about the black screen glitch go to your menu and change the weapon DOF off or on and the screen wont be black also whats the best way to contact a dice dev because i have some ideas on weapons and skins