OHK kill guns in regular core are simply unfair.

«13
huricanechuck
1014 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
yes this is a whine thread. but the simple fact that most shotguns can OHK at close or sometimes medium range and sniper guns can OHK at medium to long range , that is simply not fair to the support ,medic, or assault that choose SMGs(not counting the automatico.)why should should shotgunners and snipers get to play by hardcore rules( as far as damage) . there should be no OHK guns in core . thats the whole point of core to me , when being shot at, at least have a chance to take cover or defend yourself. whine over.

Comments

  • Sparkosa
    355 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    OHK shotguns are absolutely fine, sweetspot for sniper rifles created to stop noob's cry.
  • huricanechuck
    1014 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    well, i can somewhat understand shotguns given their limited range . but way too many times i've been OHKilled way beyond thier suposed range , not including the slug, it should have greater range.
  • ANGRYharold
    801 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    Scout rifles are definitely too easy to use for what they can do, but the shotguns are fine. I get annoyed by them too, and their effective range can be a bit stupid, but it's not as big of a problem as some other guns (coughcoughAUTOMATICOcough).
  • IllIllIII
    4245 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Ohk from shotgun is fair... if you miss youre dead so without the ohk the shot gun would lose ever cqc.

    Ohk from snipers i rarely get, it's fine.
  • GrizzGolf
    1064 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    I cant one hit with any of the rifles and get kills. Always takes me 2 shots.
  • Djoenz
    726 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    So everyone agrees that everytime we get OHK by a dude with either a shotgun, scout infantry rifle or killed by a noobomatico it just is shameful? Especially if I see too many service stars on it. If I see 100 service stars on any shotgun, vehicle, automatico, hellriegel I just cringe and laugh my **** off! Hell I recently met a dude who had like 22 service stars on a Rifle Grenade bahahahaha!!!! Point is bruh it is what it is.. Sigh.
  • huricanechuck
    1014 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    IllIllIII wrote: »
    Ohk from shotgun is fair... if you miss youre dead so without the ohk the shot gun would lose ever cqc.

    Ohk from snipers i rarely get, it's fine.

    but aside from the slug , all you have to do is point in the general direction and BOOM! ,OHK
  • IllIllIII
    4245 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    IllIllIII wrote: »
    Ohk from shotgun is fair... if you miss youre dead so without the ohk the shot gun would lose ever cqc.

    Ohk from snipers i rarely get, it's fine.

    but aside from the slug , all you have to do is point in the general direction and BOOM! ,OHK

    At midrange the shotgun does 12 hp on headshots.... what is you goal? Making the shotgun useless?
    Ask to remove them from the game instead.
  • Sparkosa
    355 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    V2Face wrote: »
    yes this is a whine thread. but the simple fact that most shotguns can OHK at close or sometimes medium range and sniper guns can OHK at medium to long range , that is simply not fair to the support ,medic, or assault that choose SMGs(not counting the automatico.)why should should shotgunners and snipers get to play by hardcore rules( as far as damage) . there should be no OHK guns in core . thats the whole point of core to me , when being shot at, at least have a chance to take cover or defend yourself. whine over.

    Until you use shotguns and sniper rifles for more then 5 or so kills will I take your argument seriously. You complainers have no experience using something you want to see nerfed. Use these "skill less" and "cheap" weapons for a few matches then tell me how it went.

    No needing to use sniper rifles to understand that sweetspot is absolutely unnecessary.
  • IllIllIII
    4245 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Sparkosa wrote: »
    V2Face wrote: »
    yes this is a whine thread. but the simple fact that most shotguns can OHK at close or sometimes medium range and sniper guns can OHK at medium to long range , that is simply not fair to the support ,medic, or assault that choose SMGs(not counting the automatico.)why should should shotgunners and snipers get to play by hardcore rules( as far as damage) . there should be no OHK guns in core . thats the whole point of core to me , when being shot at, at least have a chance to take cover or defend yourself. whine over.

    Until you use shotguns and sniper rifles for more then 5 or so kills will I take your argument seriously. You complainers have no experience using something you want to see nerfed. Use these "skill less" and "cheap" weapons for a few matches then tell me how it went.

    No needing to use sniper rifles to understand that sweetspot is absolutely unnecessary.

    But IF you would use them you would find out the ohk will not happen that much...
  • V2Face
    2671 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Sparkosa wrote: »
    V2Face wrote: »
    yes this is a whine thread. but the simple fact that most shotguns can OHK at close or sometimes medium range and sniper guns can OHK at medium to long range , that is simply not fair to the support ,medic, or assault that choose SMGs(not counting the automatico.)why should should shotgunners and snipers get to play by hardcore rules( as far as damage) . there should be no OHK guns in core . thats the whole point of core to me , when being shot at, at least have a chance to take cover or defend yourself. whine over.

    Until you use shotguns and sniper rifles for more then 5 or so kills will I take your argument seriously. You complainers have no experience using something you want to see nerfed. Use these "skill less" and "cheap" weapons for a few matches then tell me how it went.

    No needing to use sniper rifles to understand that sweetspot is absolutely unnecessary.

    The sweetspot was designed to make sniper players play close to the action. This isn't even the first time it was included in a battlefield game the first time was in hardline. Double tapping players is why most sniper rifles were trash in BF 4
  • Sparkosa
    355 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    V2Face wrote: »
    Sparkosa wrote: »
    V2Face wrote: »
    yes this is a whine thread. but the simple fact that most shotguns can OHK at close or sometimes medium range and sniper guns can OHK at medium to long range , that is simply not fair to the support ,medic, or assault that choose SMGs(not counting the automatico.)why should should shotgunners and snipers get to play by hardcore rules( as far as damage) . there should be no OHK guns in core . thats the whole point of core to me , when being shot at, at least have a chance to take cover or defend yourself. whine over.

    Until you use shotguns and sniper rifles for more then 5 or so kills will I take your argument seriously. You complainers have no experience using something you want to see nerfed. Use these "skill less" and "cheap" weapons for a few matches then tell me how it went.

    No needing to use sniper rifles to understand that sweetspot is absolutely unnecessary.

    The sweetspot was designed to make sniper players play close to the action. This isn't even the first time it was included in a battlefield game the first time was in hardline. Double tapping players is why most sniper rifles were trash in BF 4

    BF4's snipers were trash cuz its muzzle velocity was waaaay to slow. Now we have incredible 800 mps - what else you want? Sniper is all about headshots. Inaccurate players needs to be punished.
    P.S. Why my comment disappears after editing?
  • IllIllIII
    4245 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Sparkosa wrote: »
    V2Face wrote: »
    Sparkosa wrote: »
    V2Face wrote: »
    yes this is a whine thread. but the simple fact that most shotguns can OHK at close or sometimes medium range and sniper guns can OHK at medium to long range , that is simply not fair to the support ,medic, or assault that choose SMGs(not counting the automatico.)why should should shotgunners and snipers get to play by hardcore rules( as far as damage) . there should be no OHK guns in core . thats the whole point of core to me , when being shot at, at least have a chance to take cover or defend yourself. whine over.

    Until you use shotguns and sniper rifles for more then 5 or so kills will I take your argument seriously. You complainers have no experience using something you want to see nerfed. Use these "skill less" and "cheap" weapons for a few matches then tell me how it went.

    No needing to use sniper rifles to understand that sweetspot is absolutely unnecessary.

    The sweetspot was designed to make sniper players play close to the action. This isn't even the first time it was included in a battlefield game the first time was in hardline. Double tapping players is why most sniper rifles were trash in BF 4

    BF4's snipers were trash cuz its muzzle velocity was waaaay to slow. Now we have incredible 800 mps - what else you want? Sniper is all about headshots. Inaccurate players needs to be punished.
    P.S. Why my comment disappears after editing?

    If you edit too many times, or too fast it gets deleted... dumb.

    Inplay mainly scout, if you ask me they can remove the ohk i always aim for the head anyway..
  • Sparkosa
    355 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    IllIllIII wrote: »
    Sparkosa wrote: »
    V2Face wrote: »
    Sparkosa wrote: »
    V2Face wrote: »
    yes this is a whine thread. but the simple fact that most shotguns can OHK at close or sometimes medium range and sniper guns can OHK at medium to long range , that is simply not fair to the support ,medic, or assault that choose SMGs(not counting the automatico.)why should should shotgunners and snipers get to play by hardcore rules( as far as damage) . there should be no OHK guns in core . thats the whole point of core to me , when being shot at, at least have a chance to take cover or defend yourself. whine over.

    Until you use shotguns and sniper rifles for more then 5 or so kills will I take your argument seriously. You complainers have no experience using something you want to see nerfed. Use these "skill less" and "cheap" weapons for a few matches then tell me how it went.

    No needing to use sniper rifles to understand that sweetspot is absolutely unnecessary.

    The sweetspot was designed to make sniper players play close to the action. This isn't even the first time it was included in a battlefield game the first time was in hardline. Double tapping players is why most sniper rifles were trash in BF 4

    BF4's snipers were trash cuz its muzzle velocity was waaaay to slow. Now we have incredible 800 mps - what else you want? Sniper is all about headshots. Inaccurate players needs to be punished.
    P.S. Why my comment disappears after editing?

    If you edit too many times, or too fast it gets deleted... dumb.

    Inplay mainly scout, if you ask me they can remove the ohk i always aim for the head anyway..

    Dumb? I edited comment just once.
  • IllIllIII
    4245 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Sparkosa wrote: »
    IllIllIII wrote: »
    Sparkosa wrote: »
    V2Face wrote: »
    Sparkosa wrote: »
    V2Face wrote: »
    yes this is a whine thread. but the simple fact that most shotguns can OHK at close or sometimes medium range and sniper guns can OHK at medium to long range , that is simply not fair to the support ,medic, or assault that choose SMGs(not counting the automatico.)why should should shotgunners and snipers get to play by hardcore rules( as far as damage) . there should be no OHK guns in core . thats the whole point of core to me , when being shot at, at least have a chance to take cover or defend yourself. whine over.

    Until you use shotguns and sniper rifles for more then 5 or so kills will I take your argument seriously. You complainers have no experience using something you want to see nerfed. Use these "skill less" and "cheap" weapons for a few matches then tell me how it went.

    No needing to use sniper rifles to understand that sweetspot is absolutely unnecessary.

    The sweetspot was designed to make sniper players play close to the action. This isn't even the first time it was included in a battlefield game the first time was in hardline. Double tapping players is why most sniper rifles were trash in BF 4

    BF4's snipers were trash cuz its muzzle velocity was waaaay to slow. Now we have incredible 800 mps - what else you want? Sniper is all about headshots. Inaccurate players needs to be punished.
    P.S. Why my comment disappears after editing?

    If you edit too many times, or too fast it gets deleted... dumb.

    Inplay mainly scout, if you ask me they can remove the ohk i always aim for the head anyway..

    Dumb? I edited comment just once.

    Yea i mean the editting system is kinda dumb.
    If you edit within a certain time(30sec?) after you post it gets delete.
  • boutneus
    2475 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    Dude it's a shotgun. You know how many times I've been left out 2 dry with a shotgun because you get shot at from medium or long range? Shotguns are fine, if you let the assault creep up on you, it's on you. Martini Henry I'd agree with is kinda stupid with the auto aim, but that's a console thing.
  • BaconRebellion
    2462 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    So what, you want every shotgun to be like the 12g automatic? Two hit kill at close range? Well that just made them all useless.

    Shotguns have a limited range, to beat them you shouldn't be in their range. That's their advantage. Their disadvantage is anything beyond cqc. So mid range and further and the shotgunner can't do anything. We with scouts. Want to defeat them? Counter snipe or get up close to them.
  • AllOutWar76
    2607 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    Shotguns are in a good place. The model 10 is a bit strong but I still think it's fine. You have to take into account all the risk you take on when using a shotgun. First is range, other than those occasional lucky shots where you seem to get 0 pellet spread, you need to be fairly close in order to guarantee a OHK. Second is follow up shots. Besides auto shotguns, if you miss your first shot you are often dead before you have time for a follow up shot. When using a shotgun you are pretty much forced into a play style that keeps you hidden from people outside of your effective range. Your goal is to be in the thick of the action, taking out targets ASAP. That being said, you often find yourself in situations where you have more than 1 target facing you with not enough time to get your shots off before one of them kills you.

    They are the ultimate risk reward weapons. Only tweak they need is to remove aim assist off of them.
  • l_water_l
    1545 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    The only thing I think the shotguns need are a tighter pattern up close so you have to aim a little more. I'm fine with them being OHK.
Sign In or Register to comment.