Xbox One: Original Xbox games backwards compatibility

Vespervin
1205 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
http://www.ign.com/articles/2017/06/12/e3-2017-xbox-one-original-xbox-backwards-compatibility-details-revealed

This makes me so happy. I hope we get games like The Simpsons: Hit & Run and James Bond 007: Nightfire.

Comments

• crabman169
    12841 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Hit and Run and Nightfire...

Holy balls right in the childhood
    I didn't even know Nightfire was on Xbox; I had it on PC (with blurred/block text/graphics too :sweat_smile:)
  • Vespervin
    1205 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    Indeed. So many nostalgic games could be brought to the current system.
  • rock1obsta
    3766 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Star Wars: KOTOR, come back to me......
  • Vespervin
    rock1obsta wrote: »
    Star Wars: KOTOR, come back to me......

I've only ever played both KOTOR games on the PC but for some reason I have always wanted to play them both on the Xbox. I still have my original Xbox (and the cool one-strap bag it came with) but I never purchased the games. If KOTOR is added to the Xbox One and the price is reasonable then I might purchase them and try it out.

However it will be hard to play KOTOR without mods, skins, etc.
  • Toxic_CA
    801 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    The only game really I want to play from that era is the getaway from the ps2
  • AllOutWar76
    2607 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    That's pretty cool. All we get on PS4 is the ability to stream PS3 games but you have to pay a subscription for it.
  • HonestSoul333
    1402 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    Is it only going to be select games like the 360 games or will it be them all?
  • Vespervin
    Is it only going to be select games like the 360 games or will it be them all?

Most likely select games. When it comes to third-party games Microsoft needs approval of the game publisher before they can add it to the program.

However that doesn't mean all first-party games will be added.
  • DevilsBathtub
    815 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Toxic_CA wrote: »
    The only game really I want to play from that era is the getaway from the ps2

i loved that game though the movement was kinda wonky.
    but the map being so accurate saved me getting lost a lot longer in London than what i would have.
    take a left at tower bridge FTW
  • Templar_Vischa
    115 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Member
    I swear, if Spiderman 2 is on the list..I'll sell my soul to MS.