EA Play "Call To Action" mission. unclear requirements?

disposalist
5133 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha Member
In the "A Revolution is Coming to Battlefield 1" EA Play News story, it says (at the bottom):

"Call To Action" mission: Play, complete and win 3 matches of Operations between June 10 and June 18. The "Bronze" Dog Tag and a Squad XP Boost await those who succeed.

I'm wondering if, like medals, this means play 3 matches *then* complete 3 matches *then* win 3 matches?... When you do similar medals you need to play 1 *then* win 1...

Specifying them separately is a bit weird otherwise, since "win 3 matches" would encompass all the requirements...

Comments

• kespich
    236 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    edited June 12
    i think they mean you need to "play from start to finish and win" to get the challenge done. not "join in the last minute and win"
  • Djoenz
    726 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    I think Kespich is right.

What really boggles me is I had to read about this mission/event on a game news website vg247 on the day of EA Play on 10th of June.
    It never popped on the ps4 newsfeed so I didn't bother trying for 3 matches of operations.
    I never saw 50 scraps extra per day either. I did receive the free battlepack today and only today this mission/event popped up on my ps4 newsfeed. Tooo late lol. Now off to operations I guess!
  • crabman169
    10199 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    What's the tag?
  • disposalist
    5133 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha Member
    The Call To Action mission doesn't complete until 18th and I imagine the tag will be awarded quite a long time later, as usual ;)
  • crabman169
    10199 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    The Call To Action mission doesn't complete until 18th and I imagine the tag will be awarded quite a long time later, as usual ;)

I meant what is the actual tag; I'm a work so I can't boot up the game to find out :p
  • Djoenz
    726 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    It's called "bronze" tag but no idea how it looks like lol.
  • PresidentooOO
    13 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    I like medals, but operations didn't work for me... I'm a premium player with a half game.
  • zwolseballetjes
    814 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha Member
    kespich wrote: »
    i think they mean you need to "play from start to finish and win" to get the challenge done. not "join in the last minute and win"

To begin from the start is allmost mission impossible because you allmost never join a match from the beginning. I allways join a match what allready is started. Or you must wait on a empty server tiill there are enough players to start the match. I think you only must finish and win/ victory 3 matches. I dont think you have to be in the match from the beginning. But maybe iam wrong.
  • fraddy123456789
    5 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    It says "complete" 3 matches of Operations, so presumably that means from start to finish. But I'm also puzzled as to wether "complete" means either win a match of Operations as the attacker (capturing all sectors) or just win a game of Operations from start to finish.
  • munkt0r
    2314 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    A DOG TAG!?
  • Slime_walkerg
    5 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    Looking back on other similar assignments in the past, I think it's can be simplified into just playing and winning three matches of operations completely.
  • kespich
    236 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    edited June 16
    kespich wrote: »

To begin from the start is allmost mission impossible because you allmost never join a match from the beginning. I allways join a match what allready is started. Or you must wait on a empty server tiill there are enough players to start the match. I think you only must finish and win/ victory 3 matches. I dont think you have to be in the match from the beginning. But maybe iam wrong.

that's not what i meant and you are probably right. i am pretty sure that you just need to complete the maps in an operation. for example joining in the last minute of fao fortress and completing the succeeding maps should counts towards the challenge. but the challenge could also be "battalion sensitive".

i dont have any source, but i believe this is how it works.

to be in the safe side you can manually search for a specific operation, it generally tries to create a fresh operation session. you will need some patience though.
  • snarlindawg13
    1 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    So what counts as a "match"? Is that winning one defense/attack, that counts as one? Or do u have to survive all three attempts by the enemy to count as one?
  • disposalist
    Well, I didn't find any more info so just played 4 or 5 full Ops (2 maps) and made sure I won them. By win I mean, as defenders defeat all 3 battalions, as attackers defeat the defenders through BOTH maps. Fingers crossed, since it's the first of three connected missions, with "special rewards" for doing them all.
  • DaisukiJase
    31 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    I played over three operations from start to finish with some extra just in case because I just don't trust the game and theres no way in telling if any of the games I played counted. However on top of the dog tag, you also get the free squad boost and I got the free squad boost so I guess I must of been successful. In saying that, you just gotta be patient for the dog tag. It'll come. Hopefully. :)
  • Mkoll27
    26 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    Hope so as i know i completed 3 or 4 missions
  • Jiraya83
    119 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    edited June 23
    they really need to put a track on the dog tags (as used to have in BF4) or a link for each new dog tag or in the dog tag it self (like in medals they will showing the progress)
  • Wolfserkr
    1 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    Well, I didn't find any more info so just played 4 or 5 full Ops (2 maps) and made sure I won them. By win I mean, as defenders defeat all 3 battalions, as attackers defeat the defenders through BOTH maps. Fingers crossed, since it's the first of three connected missions, with "special rewards" for doing them all.

I've gotten no news about any of these missions, is there a possibility that I could still do the events?
  • OlckerS94
    1 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    Hi All,

As you all might be aware, this mission is live again from the 15th July - 22 July. My problem is that I can never find an operations game. How am I supposed to complete the mission when you can't access the game??? I have been searching for the past hour and only get placed in empty servers. Is there a way you can search for an operations mode from a different region?
  • realkelach
    245 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    The fact they have not put this in a tracker is a disgrace. It is the entire reason we wanted one!!!

DICE get your act together!