Weekly Debrief

Speculation on In the Name of the Tsar Bonus Maps

BoWinston
952 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
So we know from the description of this dlc release that the maps "Galicia" and "Brusilov Keep" will be the Russians against the Austro-Hungarians and "Albion" is the Russians against Germans.

https://www.battlefield.com/games/battlefield-1/in-the-name-of-the-tsar

It doesn't say who the Russians will be fighting in "Lupkow Pass" but we can assume it will be the Germans to make two complete Operations.

Has there been any official info on what the two extra maps will be?

I'm thinking it will be maps in the Russian Caucasus campaign against the Ottomans. I don't know too much about this part of World War I history. I'm curious if anybody knows a lot about it and what battles would make good maps?

Comments

• AlotOfThunder
    1545 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    I think Lupkow will be between Russians and the Austro-Hungrians. Can't say much but I recall that region irl was along the fronts with Austria-Hungary.
  • BoWinston
    952 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    I think Lupkow will be between Russians and the Austro-Hungrians. Can't say much but I recall that region irl was along the fronts with Austria-Hungary.

From what I could find it looks like the Russians fought both the Germans and the Austro-Hungarians over the Lupkow Pass which was between Poland and Slovakia. So I would assume the map in bf1 would have the Germans as a faction to make an Operation with Albion, but I could be wrong.
  • AlotOfThunder
    1545 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    edited June 2017
    I think it would make more sense to put Lupkow in an operation with.. maybe galicia? Simply because they kinda seem like they're in the same region? (Galicia/Carpathian Mts.) thats if they're making an operation centered around the Brusilov offensive. , which is very likely. but I can't be certain obviously.

Albion took place waaaay out in the Nordic regions, if I recall.

honestly im just guessing now with 6 maps, they could either make:

3 operations (2 maps each)

or

2 long operations (3 maps each)
  • BoWinston
    In the description I linked above it does say "New Operations" including Brusilov Offensive. So we know we're getting more than one Operation which is good. Was the Lupkow Pass battles apart of the Brusilov Offensive? I'm not sure, I don't know a lot of that history.

Albion map is in Nordic region, it's in the Baltic Estonia coastal region. I would rather see 3 Operations of two maps each, but I could see 1 Op with three maps and 1 with two maps, it'll be interesting to see.
  • Yokoyaa
    171 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    edited June 2017
    Fortunately there will be more than one operation lol... Why do you want they release ops with every single maps of TSNP and not with "In the name of the Tsar" ? It's not logical.
    I think it will simply be 6 maps for 3 ops. If they make an op with Nivelle Nights and Prise de Tahure, you can be sure it will follow the same way 2/2/2.
  • kespec
    244 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
  • BoWinston
    Yokoyaa wrote: »
    Fortunately there will be more than one operation lol... Why do you want they release ops with every single maps of TSNP and not with "In the name of the Tsar" ? It's not logical.
    I think it will simply be 6 maps for 3 ops. If they make an op with Nivelle Nights and Prise de Tahure, you can be sure it will follow the same way 2/2/2.

Are you talking to me? I would love to see all 6 maps involved in 3 Operations of 2 maps each. I just said I could SEE 1 Op with 3 maps and 1 with 2 maps if Albion is all itself. It's not something I want, I could also SEE 2 Operations with 3 maps each, it's just speculation right now.
  • Yokoyaa
    171 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    edited June 2017
    BoWinston wrote: »
    Yokoyaa wrote: »

Are you talking to me? I would love to see all 6 maps involved in 3 Operations of 2 maps each. I just said I could SEE 1 Op with 3 maps and 1 with 2 maps if Albion is all itself. It's not something I want, I could also SEE 2 Operations with 3 maps each, it's just speculation right now.

Yeah but it will be 100% in this order for ops (look at how they did with the presentation of TSNP) :
    Lupkov > Albion with German Empire
    Galicia > Brusilov with Austro-Hungarian

The 2 last maps are a mister but I hope it will be against Ottomans.

NEWS : OK I was wrong, One of the new Operations is "Brusilov Offensive" on 3 maps Galicia, Lupkow Pass & Brusilov Keep.
    Post edited by Yokoyaa on