Having trouble accessing the forums? Try logging out of the forums completely - clear cache, cookies, and temp files - then restart the browser and log in. Thanks!

Awful... Just. Awful.

Wolfalicious2104
4 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
edited June 13
So playing BF1 you have ups and downs. No big shocker there. And seeing people say all that is wrong with the game struck me. Our community (the people playing the game) is f-ing terrible!! I played 12 rounds in BF1 and asked for ammo when I was low and health when I was low. Throughout 12 full matches, I was healed a TOTAL of 3 times. And ammo? I wasted 3 minutes for any teammate (my random squad who mostly all were support AND within 25 paces of me couldn't bother helping out. And before people respond with it, yes. There were NO enemies near my vicinity. I killed them, hence why I was out of ammo.

The worst part? That this is common in virtually EVERY game mode. TDM, Conquest (albeit not too much), Frontlines, Domination especially, etc. This game tries to focus the player on TEAMWORK to get the job at hand done. Instead everyone attempts to take on the world only to get sniped in the back of the head cuz nobody watched the rear. Or my personal favorite, when the SCOUT of the group has to capture the flags. Just pathetic. Anyone else see this or has it happen to them most of the time?

Update: This game is just garbage in general. BF1 is now CoD. Nothing but campers with shotguns or sniper rifles, or some stupid crap. This game is literally CoD reincarnated.

Comments

• Baasdreumes
    801 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    Since last updates its different as support i walk around and about every soldier shows request ammo then i throw a pouch and carry on

Easy supplies dude points right there B)
  • DeSmondNo1
    152 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    Im also tired by medics who dont revive or heal fellow players same as with supports who dont supply with ammo. And I also hate snipers who dont use spot flare gun. Its just such a useful tool, especialy when you run with support who still resupplying you with flares. But I recently dont have such a problem with it. Maybe its because I usually play on DLC maps and there are people who play more and know what to do. But yeah, when i have to run behind a support and spamming the R1 for quiet some time without any results, it grind my gears. I dont get this people, cause first of all, you can get pretty huge amount of points for resuplying or healing/reviving plus you helping your team a lot. Cause medics who wont revive or heal you and supports who wont resupply you often cost you a match.
  • vasilisdim1
    177 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    So playing BF1 you have ups and downs. No big shocker there. And seeing people say all that is wrong with the game struck me. Our community (the people playing the game) is f-ing terrible!! I played 12 rounds in BF1 and asked for ammo when I was low and health when I was low. Throughout 12 full matches, I was healed a TOTAL of 3 times. And ammo? I wasted 3 minutes for any teammate (my random squad who mostly all were support AND within 25 paces of me couldn't bother helping out. And before people respond with it, yes. There were NO enemies near my vicinity. I killed them, hence why I was out of ammo.

The worst part? That this is common in virtually EVERY game mode. TDM, Conquest (albeit not too much), Frontlines, Domination especially, etc. This game tries to focus the player on TEAMWORK to get the job at hand done. Instead everyone attempts to take on the world only to get sniped in the back of the head cuz nobody watched the rear. Or my personal favorite, when the SCOUT of the group has to capture the flags. Just pathetic. Anyone else see this or has it happen to them most of the time?

Update: This game is just garbage in general. BF1 is now CoD. Nothing but campers with shotguns or sniper rifles, or some stupid crap. This game is literally CoD reincarnated.

Dont blame the community for that. I was playing by myself and i was experiencing the same problem as you. I'm a PTFO player but the 70% of players in a round chilling in a mountain, throwing grenades over and over again or running with shotguns killing everyone. That's why DICE introduced the platoon system to make you play as a team. I'm personally in a platoon that has right now 92 people and the 45 of them i know them and playing in a daily base through playstation parties. It's in your hand finding people that you can count on them on those circumstances and it's in everyone's hand if they are going to play the objective or their clas. So don't blame DICE or the community for all of those.
  • Sciolist
    24 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    Dont blame the community for that. I was playing by myself and i was experiencing the same problem as you. I'm a PTFO player but the 70% of players in a round chilling in a mountain, throwing grenades over and over again or running with shotguns killing everyone. That's why DICE introduced the platoon system to make you play as a team. I'm personally in a platoon that has right now 92 people and the 45 of them i know them and playing in a daily base through playstation parties. It's in your hand finding people that you can count on them on those circumstances and it's in everyone's hand if they are going to play the objective or their clas. So don't blame DICE or the community for all of those.

If someone in my platoon doesn't beat me to it, dependant on which class I am, I manage to get a few appearances on the results for most resupplies or most revives or heals. I don't consider myself as a tryhard and just resupply, heal or revive what's in front of me.

Finding the right group to run with is most definitely what makes the difference.
  • vasilisdim1
    177 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    Sciolist wrote: »

If someone in my platoon doesn't beat me to it, dependant on which class I am, I manage to get a few appearances on the results for most resupplies or most revives or heals. I don't consider myself as a tryhard and just resupply, heal or revive what's in front of me.

Finding the right group to run with is most definitely what makes the difference.

All I'm saying is in every person's hand to find players to play with. If you want to focus in Battlefield 1 to teamwork then you certainly can but needs time to find those players. I have a platoon and me and other 3 friends made this community really large and now we are playing every single day together as a team. Even our whole team is garbage a squad or two can make a whole differnce to the round :)
  • ninjapenquinuk
    283 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    There may be a problem with players not specifically going up to you to heal/give ammo but there are always ammo crates on the ground, though med crates are a bit more rare. Being revived can be a bit hit and miss, but unless you are lone wolfing it and not amongst the action, you should be getting revived a couple times a round at least.
  • Baasdreumes

Yeah well this just happened so i dunno i try :/
  • Judson-Emc2
    406 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    Battlefield had finally deteriorated into COD...no one PTFO's instead entire teams snipe and fret over stats. No one plays there class. No one gives a damn about winning.

Personally I can't stand battlefield in its current state, its player base has ruined the experience for me. To those OG BF players still hanging on...I salute you...and to all the transplants...PTFO FFS!!!!!
  • Baasdreumes
    Maybe option to show on mini map?

When play support i need info which tank needs repair support and who wants ammo it could make it more easy to spawn where needed? Also equip whats needed? I switch between medic and support so the option to show request could help make choise play efficient
  • Zooboid
    231 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    I go out of my way to deliver health and ammo if I see the symbols above heads o:)
  • Leetch002_mtdrh
    100 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    I deliver ammo all the time. In fact even if you don't have the ammo symbol above you I drop ammo when I'm running by.

However.....if I am in a strategic position I will not run over to you because you are low on ammo. You can come to me. I am not your butler, I am a soldier and I've positioned myself in an area that needs attention.

That being said, there is some messed up stuff in this game. I popped into a rush game the other day and I swear to you I was the only one that wasn't a sniper. When I spawned I literally saw the entire hill I spawned on littered with snipers. I PTFO'd for a few minutes then realized I was the only one trying to get in there.....I quit shortly thereafter.
  • PackersDK
    253 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    However.....if I am in a strategic position I will not run over to you because you are low on ammo. You can come to me. I am not your butler, I am a soldier and I've positioned myself in an area that needs attention.

This pretty much sums it up for me, when it comes to playing medic and support. Clearly it's in my own interest that people are revived/healed/supplied, BUT I didn't buy the game to be a service employee.

On a side note; when did not ptfo'ing and COD get synonymous!? I've played COD for 8 years and there's absolutely no more or less camping and ptfo'ing in that game. I've never seen a COD Domination game end 0-0... I don't care whether you love or hate either game, but barking up the wrong tree doesn't solve anything.

BF1 is extremely popular, and the first Battlefield game for a whole lot of people. There's gonna be some downsides to that.

• 19lee78
    398 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    I make more drops than santa claus when I play support, fact.
  • smart2705
    1545 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    20Pizza88 wrote: »

Uhm, I think you killed your team mate by throwing the ammo pouch against his head :tongue:
  • Bigalexblues
    23 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    I think the problem is lack of experience. Too many noobs (me included).
  • OG-N2rock
    1341 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    edited June 13
    20Pizza88 wrote: »

@20Pizza88 - You owe me a new keyboard! I just spit my coke out all over my desk! LMAO
  • Dogwoggle11
    941 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    Those who say "deez game haz now bcame cod!!!" probably never played CoD and are just repeating like parrots.

Solution: don't like BF1? Don't play it. Don't like CoD? Don't play it.

Just move on and stop embarrassing yourselves.
  • Judson-Emc2
    406 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    Those who say "deez game haz now bcame cod!!!" probably never played CoD and are just repeating like parrots.

Spoken like a true transplant.

If you can't see the difference in players and their play style then you must be one.

There is an obvious shift in bf player base, anyone who has played bf for years sees it and we don't play much bf anymore. Players are more concerned about their stats than they are about winning...that ain't bf. I have played entire games of conquest and not seen a flag get held by my team the entire game...that ain't bf.

Most...I dare say...true bf vets have moved on because the games I play don't have a singl bf player in it, they have all been replaced with lesser quality of players.

Such is th life of a franchise. Start off strong and unique and then end up weak and cookie cutter.

• OG-N2rock
    1341 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member

If you can't see the difference in players and their play style then you must be one.

There is an obvious shift in bf player base, anyone who has played bf for years sees it and we don't play much bf anymore. Players are more concerned about their stats than they are about winning...that ain't bf. I have played entire games of conquest and not seen a flag get held by my team the entire game...that ain't bf.

Most...I dare say...true bf vets have moved on because the games I play don't have a singl bf player in it, they have all been replaced with lesser quality of players.

Such is th life of a franchise. Start off strong and unique and then end up weak and cookie cutter.

I know what you're saying, and agree the game has morphed into something it wasn't. But I've been playing since BC2, and most of my friends have as well. So I not so sure about the statement that "true bf vets have moved on".
  • Judson-Emc2
    OG-N2rock wrote: »

I know what you're saying, and agree the game has morphed into something it wasn't. But I've been playing since BC2, and most of my friends have as well. So I not so sure about the statement that "true bf vets have moved on".

Don't think I'm singling you out, it's just a generalization...and an unfair one at that.
    Of course there are hardcore players out there but I have no luck running into them anymore. I play once a month or so and whenever I do I end up not playing for longer because I'm so disgusted with thit game quality. Play operations an no one pushes an objective. 250 tickets on the first objective game after game. It shouldn't be that way.

The game needs it player base back. I hope the next bf goes backwards. Small team games like bfbc2 where a squad could turn the course of a game.

Damn I miss battlefield.