Weekly Debrief

Looks like night maps are locked in the "They shall not pass" DLC.

OverLord01a
170 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
Don't know if this has been discussed or not on here but thought i would bring up some news on the so called free maps that Dice was supposed to bring the non premium players. Well looks like they are not free anymore. Found this info from a well known youtubers twitter page. Sorry if this is late to the party on this but thought it would be info that not everyone has heard yet on here. So im going to drop it on here for everyone to read.
Link:

Well there you have folks. No free maps from dice if you were wondering if news on it would drop about it soon.

Comments

• half_empty_soul
    308 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    they are free for the premium pass owners, don't know what are you talking about
  • Violent_Rumble
    342 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited June 2017
    Don't know if this has been discussed or not on here but thought i would bring up some news on the so called free maps that Dice was supposed to bring the non premium players. Well looks like they are not free anymore. Found this info from a well known youtubers twitter page.
    Official sources are always better.
    "Coming in June for Premium Pass owners - Nivelle Nights"
    https://www.battlefield.com/en-au/games/battlefield-1/premium
    I think maybe this westie guy is the one that made the "Massive mistake".

• LcTVirus
    146 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    dont matter if its dark, it hard for you to see but the cheater with box or esp can see you
  • BigF33t_13
    6675 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha Member
    Battlefield 1 Premium Pass and They Shall Not Pass Expansion Pack owners are eligible for Nivelle Nights.
    https://battlefield.com/games/battlefield-1/maps/nivelle-nights
  • UXROO
    895 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    At the start when Nivelle Nights came to CTE westie said it will be premium only map, so idk. But if this two night maps would make operation at end (which would be nice) they would probably be premium only maps. But as BigF33t^^ said it will be also available for owners of they shall not pass i'm not sure anymore. I think all maps should be released to everyone, as it would be way better and much more fun to play BF1. Currently i don't even feel like "premium" owner. Maps that i paid for can only be played separately and not combined with old maps (sure in some custom servers, but not as official DICE server) which is kinda dumb. So i wouldn't mind if they open them for everyone, still i'm sure some owners wouldn't agree with me.
  • Axlerod1
    1378 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    Premium has its privileges.
  • UXROO
    895 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    Axlerod1 wrote: »

What kind of privileges? Extra maps, few weapons & vehicles and 9 dog tags.
  • Vedzitas_LT
    35 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    june is almost gone, so where are our maps?! :(
  • Axlerod1
    1378 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    UXROO wrote: »

Exactly You will have to wait for premium friends.
    According to EA play, sometime in July. Probably the second Tuesday in July.
  • DeLtAuk2004
    1107 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    UXROO wrote: »

Many times I've skipped past 8 people to get in a server due to having premium that in itself saves alot of waiting .when you're strapped for game time waiting in a queue for 20 mins can kind of suck so that is certainly a bonus of premium that and all the dlc packs makes it worth getting the ultimate edition not by much but just about worth it :neutral:
  • UXROO
    Premium cost around 50$ which is almost same as main game. Giving us option to skip non premium players is nothing special. You have quick match option and you can join empty servers without problem, but even if you have it there is few others waiting to join game, so it's better to go again with quick match and not wait for players to leave. Overall i don't see any big difference between Premium and non-premium. I would be way happier if DICE decide to make maps available to everyone and give premium players more guns, soldier customization and maybe few other things. Overall they could use other ways and earn way more as they earn now, without losing thousands of players because they don't have access to new maps.

If i haven't had premium i would be gone after 50 hours in game, only thing that is keeping me playing now is excitement for next DLC and money i spent on this game. But yeah with main maps it's big FAIL of game.

• DeLtAuk2004
    1107 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    edited June 2017
    I wouldn't be opposed to them opening all the maps up to non premium players, with regards to quick match I only play custom servers which I don't believe you can quick join .so again apart from the dlc packs the ability to avoid lots of wasted time (time I don't have ) waiting to join a match makes the fact I purchased ultimate edition worth it . I will be honest though I don't think I will make all the dlc as I've pretty much had enough of bf1 and think I may return to bf4 finish what I started (lvl 138) when bf1 came out :(
  • poundrave
    17 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    just buy the expansion pack by itself. If you don't have it, you gain 6x maps in total once the night maps are released. it's like 15 bucks.
  • Mord-Vi
    583 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha Member

It's the 14th, not sure how June is almost gone....
  • TheNoobPolice
    1577 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    "MrProWestie"

lol.
  • BigF33t_13
    6675 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha Member

June isn't even half gone. Just hold on to your manties. They will be released when they release them.
  • Undert0ker
    183 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    edited June 2017
    Ive been playing since BF 1942
    Two thing's Ive learned with Dice since around 2002 when it really got good *Its kinda hazy :wink:
    1. Be patient - Its a virtue after all.
    2. Only expect "so much" for nothing, people are in business to make money ultimately and we do alright really.

So spend the best tenner you'll spend this week
  • Axlerod1
    edited June 2017
    Battlefield 1's In the Name of the Tsar expansion was first scheduled to release in July around the same time as the second night-only map, Prise de Tahure. However, to keep a continuous stream of new content each month, DICE pushed back the expansion.

Coming up this month though, Battlefield 1's first night-only map Nivelle Nights will roll out free to Premium Pass players. Standard players may be able to play the new map whenever the developers activate Premium Friends. Following Nivelle Nights release, Prise de Tahure will join BF1's map list in July.

When both night maps are released, it's expected that DICE will utilize both maps in a new Operation. Later this year, Turning Tides is set to launch in December, followed by "the most infamous battles of the Great War" in the Apocalypse DLC, releasing in early 2018.

Battlefield 1 In the Name of the Tsar releases in September for Xbox One, PlayStation 4, and PC.
  • OverLord01a
    170 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    The maps in question here were supposed to be free for everyone at first. Now they are locked behind the dlc. EA made the change to it and people were expecting these maps to be free for "everyone". Thats what Westie was saying in that tweet and why its going to split the community even futher. Thats what he was saying.
  • OverLord01a

And premium has its dissadvantages as well. If it wasn't for the price people would be getting it but an extra 50 bucks is hard to swallow for most people.
    At least in the new battlefront game there will be no season passes or premiums so that a starts on changing things hopefully for the better.