Having trouble accessing the forums? Try logging out of the forums completely - clear cache, cookies, and temp files - then restart the browser and log in. Thanks!

Only good thing that scouts are good for.(misleading title)

blikkum
69 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
edited June 14
Their spot flare gun appreciate it. That helps thanks.

Comments

• A7XOGG
    54 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    Np I got your back with the spot flare and close quarters sniping
  • IllIllIII
    2173 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    blikkum wrote: »
    Their spot flare gun appreciate it. That helps thanks.

Yea, helps alot for people who run onto the objective like a headless chicken....

You're welcome.. i guess you need it.
  • blikkum
    Regardless of headless chickens or not it helps people in general. And yea I need it That's why I said thanks in advance.
  • IllIllIII
    And thank you for putting medpacks on the ground for yourself so i can also use it. :)
  • blikkum
    Heck yea man see that's what we do we help each other.
  • IllIllIII
    You didnt start this thread to thank the scouts...
  • ScoutHunterKing
    35 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    Correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't 'killing the enemy' a fundamental part of every single Battlefield mode and, by extension, battlefield objectives?

All of the scout salt I see, I honestly wouldn't know.
    Today I saw medic after medic sitting on their med packs like it was a priceless analog to Godless T-Rex eggs being optioned by an obese, Hawaiian shirt wearing tech engineer.

I've been murdered by support camping with a telescopic laser gun.
    i've been murdered by mostly scrub assaults with auto aim using Hells and 10A's.
    I have no Aim Assist, but I feel like one requisite for complaining about scouts is that you also have auto aim off.
    Oh, you use auto aim and an automatico/hellriegel/10A and complain about getting sniped?
    LMAO. Good.

Haha love the Jarassic park reference! I main scout but play other classes as well ... And my Spm would suggest I'm not a hill camper. It seems though that the word scout is almost a swear word to some! And that if you say you like playing scout then your presumed to be a camper until proven innocent... Its fair enough to some extent given that a lot of people camp, but these threads are just silly, and I like you find auto rotation aim assist to be far more annoying than campers... Slowdown is fair enough if you want it! At least you have to acquire your own targets that way... And I'm also glad they decided to make scout scoped weapons non aim assist as well.
  • blikkum
    Actually started the thread for scouts to provide examples, because most of the scouts that are in my games do nothing. I did say most not all.

Yet I still spawn in @ times as support just to drop off ammo for the lonely scout 5 miles away from the action and run a marathon just to get to the action. And I could care less about the automatico/reigal/10A.
  • IllIllIII
    Actually started the thread for scouts to provide examples, because most of the scouts that are in my games do nothing. I did say most not all.

Yet I still spawn in @ times as support just to drop off ammo for the lonely scout 5 miles away from the action and run a marathon just to get to the action. And I could care less about the automatico/reigal/10A.

Thats where you go wrong.. never resuply the hillhumper.
  • CS-2107
    75 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    Correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't 'killing the enemy' a fundamental part of every single Battlefield mode and, by extension, battlefield objectives?

Today I saw medic after medic sitting on their med packs like it was a priceless analog to Godless T-Rex eggs being optioned by an obese, Hawaiian shirt wearing tech engineer.

i've been murdered by mostly scrub assaults with auto aim using Hells and 10A's.
    I have no Aim Assist, but I feel like one requisite for complaining about scouts is that you also have auto aim off.
    Oh, you use auto aim and an automatico/hellriegel/10A and complain about getting sniped?
    LMAO. Good.

I think the problem with the scout is, that there is not much you can do to counter them. They just hit you and you're either dead or hurt so much that you need to take cover and wait until your health regenerates to get back into fight. When the scout is about 1 mile away you can't really do something about him, as supression is a bad joke and the medic guns are mostly too inaccurate when you fire them a bit faster. If you fire them slow the scout will most likely kill you before you kill him.
    The Assaults Medics and Supporters are mostly up close or at a medium distance and thats where you can win the gunfight. Shotguns and sniper rifles are just these random OHK that you can't really escape from.
    For example: Fortress Fao, foggy weather, Spawned in at A walked 2 meters and get one-shotted by a sniper from the Fortress, I wouldn't even have seen a Dreadnought on that distance in the fog, but the sniper sees everything. What could I have done to avoid this? Nothing. If there was a Assault, I could put up a fight. A medic shooting me, I could run for cover, same goes for Support, as both of those classes wont one shot me.
  • disposalist
    3989 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    There are a lot of scout criticism threads. They have become somewhat touchy.
  • A7XOGG
    54 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    CS-2107 wrote: »

LMAO. Good.

I think the problem with the scout is, that there is not much you can do to counter them. They just hit you and you're either dead or hurt so much that you need to take cover and wait until your health regenerates to get back into fight. When the scout is about 1 mile away you can't really do something about him, as supression is a bad joke and the medic guns are mostly too inaccurate when you fire them a bit faster. If you fire them slow the scout will most likely kill you before you kill him.
    The Assaults Medics and Supporters are mostly up close or at a medium distance and thats where you can win the gunfight. Shotguns and sniper rifles are just these random OHK that you can't really escape from.
    For example: Fortress Fao, foggy weather, Spawned in at A walked 2 meters and get one-shotted by a sniper from the Fortress, I wouldn't even have seen a Dreadnought on that distance in the fog, but the sniper sees everything. What could I have done to avoid this? Nothing. If there was a Assault, I could put up a fight. A medic shooting me, I could run for cover, same goes for Support, as both of those classes wont one shot me.

You should not be able to counter a sniper who is a mile away shooting you with a lmg or self loading rifle around 100meters yeah you can but anything more should be sniper vs sniper cause unless your in a vehicle your gonna loose everytime against that sniper
  • IllIllIII
    @CS-2107 if you think surpression is a joke you should try to hit a support with a rifle while under surpression..

It will take away any hitreg!
    You can aim as good as you want, my scope steady on his head, the bullet will miss EVERY atempt....
  • tostirooster
    90 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    edited June 14
    I saw this thread and I'm glad to say to you that I always ask for ammo because I use my flares for a) spotting the enemy in strategic positions or on capture points or b) burn them to death which, to be honest, I do a lot.

I'm a very agressive scout player and I can't even remember the last time I used a scoped rifle. The flares are such a powerful gadget in the game and aparently completely underrated. Same for the ironsighted rifles. I've said it before and will say it again: there is no better feeling in this game for me than to get a moving target headshot with an ironsighted rifle at medium to longer ranges.

And don't worry, Support is my second favorite class. I will try to resupply everyone I meet. On the matter of Support, can I tell you something about your brand new lord and saviour, the Huot Automatic Optical?

P.S.
    I just wrote this to defend the very few agressive PTFO'ing scouts in this game. We are few but powerful.
  • disposalist
    3989 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    IllIllIII wrote: »
    @CS-2107 if you think surpression is a joke you should try to hit a support with a rifle while under surpression..
    You can aim as good as you want, my scope steady on his head, the bullet will miss EVERY atempt....
    That's not "hitreg", though, it's addition to spread. You aren't hitting and not registering, you are missing by the bullets deviating from your crosshairs.
  • IllIllIII
    That's not "hitreg", though, it's addition to spread. You aren't hitting and not registering, you are missing by the bullets deviating from your crosshairs.

Yea i know, i was just saying.
    It seems the bullet dissapears because even when you aim and shoot at the head the bullet will never arrive as if it is a hitreg bug.
  • blikkum

Ok maybe but I'm not the type of player that totally disregards people on my team. Even if they don't need medcrate/supply crate ill still drop behind them not blocking their line of sight. Hell ill even get on a horse and ride around dropping ammo/meds for yall in the twilight zone. Thing is I don't play scout never have I'm level 0 in that class, I just wonder what in the world are they doing out there and how can they stay in 1 or 2 spots for the entire conquest match? I mean c'mon that has got to be boring.
  • IllIllIII

Ok maybe but I'm not the type of player that totally disregards people on my team. Even if they don't need medcrate/supply crate ill still drop behind them not blocking their line of sight. Hell ill even get on a horse and ride around dropping ammo/meds for yall in the twilight zone. Thing is I don't play scout never have I'm level 0 in that class, I just wonder what in the world are they doing out there and how can they stay in 1 or 2 spots for the entire conquest match? I mean c'mon that has got to be boring.

Same happens with tanks, same kind of people.
    Every fps has em, live with it is your best option.
  • kbj1972
    190 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    The problem with scouts is.
    1. It takes a certain skill to be a good and usefull scout. You need great situational awareness and map knowledge.
    2. Most players really haven't got what it takes (see no1)
    3. If there is a weapon in the game that is op it's the scouts class weapons.
    4. Like the medics and the supporters that can hurt there own team by being selfish.
    5. Most scouts are campers. Great you have 18-5 kd. But why only 2500 points?