Rank 50 Cavalry

iano1978
620 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
Has anyone achieved it yet?
It's my last class to rank up, at 26 at the moment but I suspect this will be more frustrating than the 99 - 100 grind!

Comments

• hawcer
    3289 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    edited June 2017
    I don't wanna know how you trained your horse to t-bag.

It's also harder to level up the " icon selectable" classes, since they are hard to find available now. I should have done all of them first before the patch that made us wait for the round to start. I haven't played as a pilot, tanker, or cavalry since.
  • disposalist
    8956 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha Member
    iano1978 wrote: »
    Has anyone achieved it yet?
    It's my last class to rank up, at 26 at the moment but I suspect this will be more frustrating than the 99 - 100 grind!
    It took me way longer than the 99-100 grind and is tough especially since the Spring stealth nerf. Good luck! You will have fun though - it's a great class.

I actually did tanker last though - one good thing with Cavalry: It's not as popular as tank and plane, so you often get to spawn it.
  • DaMutha1
    1454 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    I get the majority of my cavalry points from capturing A and B flags at the start of the round--the recent nerf to capture points has made that a slower process.

Anyone else have a glitch in how their class rank shows up? On the end of round screen, it shows me as 42 for tanker, but when I last ranked up, it said 27 or something in the pop up. And I don't have the Rank 30 dog tag.
  • Puckerbucket
    694 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    There are several here who have made rank 50. Romioi, Forkbeard, I think Crabman, myself, numerous others. It's doable, but like the above posters said, it's a bit harder after the recent patches to pile up the points you need.
  • BoWinston
    954 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    edited June 2017
    DaMutha1 wrote: »
    I get the majority of my cavalry points from capturing A and B flags at the start of the round--the recent nerf to capture points has made that a slower process.

Anyone else have a glitch in how their class rank shows up? On the end of round screen, it shows me as 42 for tanker, but when I last ranked up, it said 27 or something in the pop up. And I don't have the Rank 30 dog tag.

Yeah, I have that glitch in the end round screen. It shows me 4 ranks ahead of my actual Pilot rank and 1 rank ahead of my Cavalry rank. It's actually correct on my Tanker rank though.

I just hit Pilot rank 50 yesterday so I don't have to worry about it anymore, but I'm at Tanker rank 38 and Cavalry rank 23. So I got a long way to go like the OP for Cavalry.
  • iano1978
    620 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    DaMutha1 wrote: »

I had this with my other classes.
    My theory is that the game is reading your Class score and linking it to the Class rank (I know it's supposed to do that) but it is counting total Class score, not from when Ranks were increased from 10 to 50 which is when the Rank score should actually be counted from.

I do enjoy Cav class although it does affect my usual play style.
    I guess I better unleash some squad boosts!

• RomioiStrategos
    402 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    edited June 2017
    Uuh a long time ago. Then again, cavalry is all I play.

Btw, if you want to do it faster I recommend playing the 200% ticket maps on the weekends with squad boost. If you're on a good team you can get a crapload of points faster.
  • hawcer
    3289 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member

Btw, if you want to do it faster I recommend playing the 200% ticket maps on the weekends with squad boost. If you're on a good team you can get a crapload of points faster.

speaking of that....would it be best to wait to start ranking cavalry up after the next DLC and hopefully rank cap increase? I honestly can't see wasting xp boosts and such to level up a class when it does nothing for your overall rank. And at the end of the round the "0" points in the personal achievement screen has me leery of wasting boosts and such.
  • RomioiStrategos
    hawcer wrote: »

speaking of that....would it be best to wait to start ranking cavalry up after the next DLC and hopefully rank cap increase? I honestly can't see wasting xp boosts and such to level up a class when it does nothing for your overall rank. And at the end of the round the "0" points in the personal achievement screen has me leery of wasting boosts and such.

That is up to you. You can always try to find a squad that already has the squad boost active. That is what I do.
  • Siiiiimi
    153 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Definetly found it to be a much smoother experience than tanker/pilot. Its a fun class to play, and alot more available than the other 2 classes.

Anyways - no brilliant secret way to do it. Cap when possible, squad xp and keep sprinting.

About maps: Sinai and suez is by far the best cav maps for me. Fao often get stale by snipers and tsnp maps doesnt have much room to flank. Ballroom and scar can be ok, just be carefull to not get stuck in a twig on the ground, or a 1ft fence.
  • i40ozz
    222 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I think around 500 + people in the world have achieved Cavalry Level 50. At least that's around where I was on the tracker when I got there. I hope next month's update increases all classes to 60 or 75. You can tell by the dog tags that they've got this idea in play.
  • boutneus
    2484 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    Lol a while back, not that hard. Just kinda slow
  • Prep768
    3476 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    In da club! Wooot!

Big fan of the class, bring on the lance, customisation would be nice too ;)
  • Miles_Vappa
    264 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    edited June 2017
    Yep, long ago. it's the only class i'm 50 in and here's some general (not how to do well tactically, more strategically in the long run) advice:

1. Try to have fun, dont take cavalry too seriously, you will die a lot especially at the beginning, and more so now with the new health nerfs.

2. Always play cavalry. Seriously, if no horses are available when you start, quit the game and join a different server. Only way you can get better is if you actually ride the horse.

3. A lot of people won't like this, but do not play if your team is getting blown out. If your team is destroying or the game is close either way, stick with the game and enjoy good competition or an easy win. If your team is getting blown out, you are basically a giant target that says shoot me to the other team, and your team will provide almost no backup/assistance, so it isn't worth the time. Your skills will not improve if you get lit up by 5 supports every time you try to leave spawn.

In regards to if you should wait for the newest DLC/patch. my advice is no. Seems like dice has only made the horse worse, not better since patch. so either you get it while it's good (or atleast not as bad as it will be) or it will get better, and thus you'll be a better horseman b/c you were used to it being worse.
  • spitfiresiemion
    510 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    edited June 2017
    I'm somewhere in mid-10's, so I probably won't get it done anytime soon... although I've only been using Cavalry on regular basis for a bit over a month, so I guess I can do it if i focus. I got most of my points on foot though, from horseback big chunk of my points comes from throwing light AT's at vehicles.
  • disposalist
    8956 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha Member
    edited June 2017
    Oh and I don't know if it will help but: -

Some good advice in this thread. Re. XP, yes, look for squads with boost on and try and arrange medals so you complete them with the Cavalry. With squad boost, a medal is 50,000XP for the final stage and several thousand for earlier ones (if they too can be completed while Cavalry).

Ones that need scout rifle work for cavalry. Ones need auto-pistol work. Healing, resupplying, squad stuff can all be done as Cavalry. Good luck!
  • RomioiStrategos
    Yep, long ago. it's the only class i'm 50 in and here's some general (not how to do well tactically, more strategically in the long run) advice:

1. Try to have fun, dont take cavalry too seriously, you will die a lot especially at the beginning, and more so now with the new health nerfs.

2. Always play cavalry. Seriously, if no horses are available when you start, quit the game and join a different server. Only way you can get better is if you actually ride the horse.

3. A lot of people won't like this, but do not play if your team is getting blown out. If your team is destroying or the game is close either way, stick with the game and enjoy good competition or an easy win. If your team is getting blown out, you are basically a giant target that says shoot me to the other team, and your team will provide almost no backup/assistance, so it isn't worth the time. Your skills will not improve if you get lit up by 5 supports every time you try to leave spawn.

In regards to if you should wait for the newest DLC/patch. my advice is no. Seems like dice has only made the horse worse, not better since patch. so either you get it while it's good (or atleast not as bad as it will be) or it will get better, and thus you'll be a better horseman b/c you were used to it being worse.

I have taken it seriously from the start, it is all I play and it has indeed given me some gray hairs. But lots of fun when it works out. Kinda sad that, as you mention, your performance and fun rely a lot of on your luck when joining a team. If you get an excellent team you will top the scoreboard. If you get a crappy team you will die a lot and become frustrated. It is a frustrating class to play because most of your kills are with honor(i.e. you face the enemy or at least they get a warning of your coming and it is up close and personal, you slash them with your sword) and yet, most of your deaths and carried out dishonorably, even cowardly: artillery truck campers, assault rocket gun campers, dynamine traps, getting singled out by air planes or getting shot by a group of people because the damn horse got stuck or you rode to the wrong place at the wrong time.
  • Miles_Vappa
    264 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member

I have taken it seriously from the start, it is all I play and it has indeed given me some gray hairs. But lots of fun when it works out. Kinda sad that, as you mention, your performance and fun rely a lot of on your luck when joining a team. If you get an excellent team you will top the scoreboard. If you get a crappy team you will die a lot and become frustrated. It is a frustrating class to play because most of your kills are with honor(i.e. you face the enemy or at least they get a warning of your coming and it is up close and personal, you slash them with your sword) and yet, most of your deaths and carried out dishonorably, even cowardly: artillery truck campers, assault rocket gun campers, dynamine traps, getting singled out by air planes or getting shot by a group of people because the damn horse got stuck or you rode to the wrong place at the wrong time.

Yep all true.

By "don't take it seriously "I just meant that you will be dying a lot, so it's better just to relax and have fun and laugh it off instead of getting super frustrated as you mentioned.
  • von_Campenstein
    6621 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    There are quite a few masochists around, myself I cannot do it, i'd like to keep my apartment.
  • crabman169
    12848 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    I heard there was a cavalry thread and came as soon as I could

tenor.gif