More Guides: How to Shoot!

disposalist
5133 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha Member
edited June 21
I made a thread for my weapon comparisons guides, (see here for that thread which has some preamble about me and my vids) but these are a little different - not "how to choose" but "how to use".

They are intended for people less experienced than those in these forums probably, but I'd value your feedback and maybe there will be info on mechanics and subtleties you haven't realised are involved *shrug*

Comments

• von_Campenstein
    2960 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    I could seriously use one for the rocketgun, that thing is rubbing me all the wrong ways, shooting into ledges, not being ok with the ledge of my choosing, bouncing up and down while prone and so on.
  • robmcewen
    1567 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    Do prefer youtube videos like yours that talks about game mechanics and how to improve your game, you can always learn something new. But most importantly what's your dog's name?

Keep up the good work.
  • huricanechuck
    1004 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    how to shoot ? point gun, pull trigger. LOL just kidding, your videos are great and very helpful , especially for me , i need all the help i can get.
  • disposalist
    5133 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha Member
    robmcewen wrote: »
    Do prefer youtube videos like yours that talks about game mechanics and how to improve your game, you can always learn something new. But most importantly what's your dog's name?

Keep up the good work.
    Thanks ;) The dog in my logo is my first rescued greyhound, Percy. He's been dead quite a while now, but being my first he represents a lot for me.
  • DrakeCasanova
    441 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    Hey disposalist, just wanted to say your videos are excellent and very well made. Even though i knew probably 95% of the info
    in there i still enjoyed watching them and it was a good refresher. These would help out new players a ton.

Keep up the good work.

• disposalist
    Hey disposalist, just wanted to say your videos are excellent and very well made. Even though i knew probably 95% of the info
    in there i still enjoyed watching them and it was a good refresher. These would help out new players a ton.

Keep up the good work.
    Much appreciated thanks. I wish I knew how to get them in front of duh newbies.
  • OrionPherrit
    173 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    Thanks for the advice vids, however I think we really need a guide to cure hitreg issues. :/
  • bran1986
    2842 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha Member
    Great as always.
  • disposalist
    Adding for Scout Rifles.
  • UNIT0918
    51 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    Your video reminded me that there's a hold breath button in these games, ha ha ha! I guess because even as a sniper, I rarely ever feel the need to use it!

It would be nice if DICE featured your videos as tutorials in the game's Watch section! They're really well done!
  • disposalist
    edited June 16
    UNIT0918 wrote: »
    Your video reminded me that there's a hold breath button in these games, ha ha ha! I guess because even as a sniper, I rarely ever feel the need to use it!

It would be nice if DICE featured your videos as tutorials in the game's Watch section! They're really well done!
    Very kind words, thankyou! Glad to hear that even an experienced player can benefit ;) I use the Hold Breath almost automatically now every time I shoot - really helps with long range carbine snap shots.

Part of the reason I made these is because I felt the DICE ones and the YouTuber ones are great, but not really detailed enough to comprise a 'manual' to the game. I'd love it if they featured them hehe! Might have to make them more jazzy for that though... dunno... the thought simultaneously makes me nervous ;)
  • SuperSoldier166
    106 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    With the community and my combined effort of being a prophet we can make it happen.
  • disposalist
    With the community and my combined effort of being a prophet we can make it happen.
    Would be awesome, but I'm not looking to prophet! (see what I did there? *chuckle* I crack myself up!)

But seriously... if you have mystical powers you're willing to bend my way... cool ;)
  • kbj1972
    259 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    Hey Disposalist. Saw you streaming on Youtube last night. I had forgotten how great selbstlader 1916 optical is. Gave it a run today and man I had a blast with it. It's way better that marksman or factory.
  • disposalist
    edited June 16
    kbj1972 wrote: »
    Hey Disposalist. Saw you streaming on Youtube last night. I had forgotten how great selbstlader 1916 optical is. Gave it a run today and man I had a blast with it. It's way better that marksman or factory.
    A viewer! Cool ;) That makes about 3 now! Glad you liked it hehe.

People give the Selby 1916 a hard time, but it's just so versatile. I like the lens-ladder sights as I use Scout+Carbine a lot, so the optical makes sense for me too, though I've put lots of time in on the Factory too. Instead of the Selby 1916 Factory I've been trying the Cei-Rigotti Optical and sometimes even Trench when getting into close quarters, lately. The Cei-Rigotti has better hip fire but not too bad accuracy/recoil also.

If you've watched any of my Weapons Comparison videos, you'll know I think that there's no such thing as a 'bad' weapon, just situations where some are suited more than others *and* those that suit your personal preferences, playstyle-wise and aesthetically.

I sometimes change weapon, not because one is 'better' but just because I haven't used it in a while :) Doing well and having fun in game comes down to so much more than weapon choice, thankfully.

I'm working on more "How to Shoot" guides. I just scraped the symthic data into a massive table to better compare at-a-glance and probably won't be ready until tomorrow for the "How to Shoot SMGs", "How to Shoot Shotguns", "How to Shoot SLRs", "How to Shoot Sidearms" and... should I do one on Tanker/Pilot/Elites weapons?... Maybe
  • kbj1972
    259 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    Your guides are a great piece of work. And the things you went trough in that streaming are the same I face a lot of times. When I'm one of the top players then something is really wrong with the team
  • von_Campenstein
    2960 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    The rocketgun, how do you not get the ledge every time, how do you stop from bouncing around while prone, how do you dolphine dive. All this is need to know, without it the rocketgun is the most enfuriating suicide contraption out there.
  • NakedGeezer
    401 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    I'm just wondering why you didn't set the range on the sniper rifle but left it at 75m for those long shots? It would reduce the amount you have to aim higher for bullet drop.
  • disposalist
    I'm just wondering why you didn't set the range on the sniper rifle but left it at 75m for those long shots? It would reduce the amount you have to aim higher for bullet drop.
    There was a time it didn't work on some and never worked on others so now I just never touch it. Also I find when it does work, by the time you've worked out what distance it should be and you still aren't 'zeroed' so still have to aim above or below then there's no point. And also, I just don't snipe very often ;)
  • UNIT0918
    51 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    There was a time it didn't work on some and never worked on others so now I just never touch it. Also I find when it does work, by the time you've worked out what distance it should be and you still aren't 'zeroed' so still have to aim above or below then there's no point. And also, I just don't snipe very often ;)

We're talking about the scout rifle zeroing distance modifier when you press down on the directional pad right (not sure what it is on PC)? I don't touch it either. I find it easier to just use my own judgement to figure out how much I have to compensate for bullet drop, instead of guessing the distance and playing with zeroing. By then the enemy will be long gone from my sights. Plus, figuring out how much to compensate is a fun challenge!