Vietnam

REBEL-BONE22
2 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
So we all love battlefield and appreciate it's realistic detail in war games. And although battlefield 3 and 4 are still my favorite I love battlefield 1 also. So a few ppl are already talking bout what's next. So I have an idea of what I feel like would rock out the battlefield community. I'm talkin the VIETNAM WAR. I think if dice made a Vietnam battlefield as good as all the other ones it would be the best one yet. Think about it. We all love the old war style but we also love automatic weapons, weapon upgrades and with the vietnam war we get the best of both worlds. I'm not saying it will ever happen but I'll keep my hopes up. Y'all tell me your opinion on this topic as well and what war would you want to see thank you

Comments

• Knucklehead23jp
    308 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha Member
    Would be a really good game. I think 64 player's fighting it out in rice paddys or on a fire base in the middle of the night would be pretty cool. And with the big maps DICE is famous for a big jungle with village's as objectives and the chance of ambushes from spider holes and bunkers overgrown with foliage would surely give you the heartpounding on edge immersive gameplay all battlefield players love
    I'd like to see Korea. From the perimeter to the frozen. Imagine the campaign mode with human waves of Chinese soldiers pouring down the hills . It was a United nations thing so other countries would be represented
  • CrazyGI1998
    280 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    Oh god, I would LOVE a Battlefield Vietnam game. The last standalone Vietnam game came out 13 years ago and the Vietnam DLC for Bad Company 2 came out 7 years ago. It's time to go back to 'Nam, people! I need my M16 to deliver some sweet sweet freedom to Charlie. Also, detachable bayonets and decent, but not outrageous, character customization would be great. I know Rising Storm 2 has that stuff, but alas, I am a console peasant. I just really want to go back to 'Nam. I miss it so much. Also, I'd love some maps based off of the An Hoa Basin, like Liberty Bridge, Go Noi Island, Arizona Territory, etc.
  • REBEL-BONE22
    2 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    Yea I would love to see more comos for player and weapons I think they can do better then what we had with Bf 4 and I was very displeased with Bf 1 for the fact the only good weapon camo was gold and no player camo sad sad sad I'm with u I hope in the future we see more customization and camos
  • REBEL-BONE22
    And yea knucklehead we definitely need some huge thick crowded jungle maps with some hidden tunnels fox holes and some mine feilds man imagine rush where the defending team has a massive mine field between them and the enemy and the attacking team would need a tool in the engineer class to defuse the mines or just run across and try to make it out of luck I think that would be sweet
  • SouthsideRipper
    1 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield Member
    Yes I agree. I'd 100 % support EA & DICE to create a Battlefield Vietnam , Battlefield Korean War and even a Battlefield American Civil War. All games made with a single player campaign with narration , maps and weapons similar to each war's historical perspective as well as most importantly the online multiplayer option. How about a Battlefield Earth ? Imagine an Alien Invasion from a distant planet and our world's armed forces uniting to defend our planet against it's Alien Invaders. If they make it...I'll buy it and I'll play it. :)
  • MillerEP
    8 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    I enjoyed the Battlefield Veitnam DLC for BC2, and the original, ages ago. I'm down for some Napalam drops!
  • alias3r
    72 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    Yes vietnam would be awesome, but not as awesome as BF2143 would be. Vietnam has been done recently, and with how much attention Naval Strike gets on BF4 (not that much) I think some more time needs to wait before a great BF vietnam comes out.

DICE needs to polish up the gameplay first before they do a vietnam one.
  • stirling84
    7 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    alias3r wrote: »
    Yes vietnam would be awesome, but not as awesome as BF2143 would be. Vietnam has been done recently, and with how much attention Naval Strike gets on BF4 (not that much) I think some more time needs to wait before a great BF vietnam comes out.

DICE needs to polish up the gameplay first before they do a vietnam one.

BF2143? What a futuristic one? If that's what you meant then no thanks. Thats the reason i left cod and went to battlefield. Vietnam would be epic though and agree totally on more customisation. Seems to lack in most games these days.

I had a thought the other night about creating one huge map for conquest like gta size. And you see so much variety in that map that it could be smaller sections for domination etc. Imagine conquest on gta map. That would truly be epic
  • alias3r
    72 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    ^^
    have you ever played 2142 though? the gameplay was amazing. I will post a detailed thread sometime when I have the time outlining the specifics of it that made it so great. Basically, imagine BF4 tank warfare and gameplay for the first half of the game, and then imagine epic Operation Locker gameplay except in the sky, on a massive Titan ship for the second half of the game. Basically the best of both worlds in every game. And the good part is that it isn't really that futuristic, so don't let that put you off. The walkers and EMPs make things so interesting and exciting. Nothing cooler than a walker turning at you and opening fire. BF4 has practically the same amount of futuristic technology that was in BF2142.

BF2142 had APM mines, which behave just like Claymores in BF4 (except you could crawl or crouch past APMs to not set them off, not sure if you can do the same for claymores cant remember). There was also the perfect amount of grenade spam down corridors to make it meaningful when you would take a corridor and blow up the control panels. After all the control panels were destroyed, you finally had to go into the core and and hold it long enough until someone with c4 (redox in 2142) could put enough damage on it to take it out. Or alternatively, you could shoot it with small arms or RPG-like launchers until it blew. Then you had just enough time to try and make your way to the back, jump off the ship and parachute down before it would explode into a thousand pieces. When the game ends everyone dies and the bodies all fell limp, which was also hilarious at times.

There was also the ability to pod out of APCs and land on top of the Titan, or to other areas on a map which helped increase mobility. The ability to pod out is really the biggest futuristic difference. That and a few small force fields which were only situationally good on the titan. All the radar and everything is pretty much the same as it is in BF4. Squad beacons as well were more meaningful, as only squad leaders could use them, which also improved gameplay, because beacons are kind of meaningless in BF4 with how small the maps are, and they are limited to recon class only, which to me is useless, as I never play recon.

So to wrap up, BF4 is just as futuristic as 2142. The guns were a little more futuristic maybe, but I think they should keep them real like in BF4. Again tho, everything that is available on the guns in BF4 is pretty much the same in 2142. Airburst = pk rockets, etc.
  • Webbedredbaron
    33 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Member
    Vietnam,oh yeah.I love the smell of napalm in the morning.Camo up guys it's time to visit SEA again.100% behind this idea.
  • Reaper1245
    1 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    100 percent agree on a new vietnam bf game....I still remember the days of blasting music out of a huey! Nothing has ever beat that...seriously that game was amazing
  • DocCuda418
    112 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Loved both Vietnam games and would welcome another. Forget single player and make a test/coop server for beating on bots like the original Vietnam had.
  • blackoz
    1 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield Member
    I've been playing Battlefield since the time i was shown BF2. Since then i have played all Battlefields and nothing compares to BF2. I only say that because BF2 was hard to gain ranks, Every rank you had set objectives and the higher the rank the harder the objective were. I think with current Battlefields theirs no different in people who have the 140 rank and are at the top of the Scoreboard at the end of each game and the ones who have the 140 rank and are at the bottom. There needs to be a difference in rank to justify if your a team player, squad member, High Killer, objective player, not just running around the map by yourself and not helping you team or squad members. Just by doing that you set up servers with players who are new and low ranks and need to learn how to play Battlefield. As well in BF2 there was a Commander and yes i know the current ones haven't worked as well. But BF2 had the commander on Battlefield with you and in the that game everyone wanted to be him and whoever had the highest rank got to be him. By been commander on the map you would gain extra points and had more items to use to help your team members while running around yourself.
  • vietcong06
    8 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    An old PC game I used to love was Vietcong back in 2003, a remastered version would be great for PS4

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Vietcong_(video_game)
  • chasebarley
    21 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    I think a Vietnam themed game would be pretty cool for battlefield.